10+ Year Old Account

Any profession out there that beats Biochem atm?

I have a max lvl biochem profession on my marauder which provides me with insane rakata epic adrenals, and reusable stims. Is it worth going anything else other than biochem right now for my alt for endgame? Not to make money but for stats boost in raids and such.

Depending on what type of character you make next, if it is a meduim / heavy armor user, go with Armormech. You can keep yourself geared up (not having to run Flashpoints for upgraded gear) and at 50 if you have some nice Orange patterns you can make some decent money since it is basically the main source of "transmog" items (most cool looking sets are made IMO)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhushma View Post
    . . . . provides me with insane rakata epic adrenals, and reusable stims.
    While you still retain the items for T1 level content, BW there won't be any new versions added for T2 or later tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of you guys must have read my post though lol. I have about 1million creds just doing dailies wz and saving, so money isnt the issue. ITs if theres a better profession out there for raiding, pvpin and grinding boosts. Ive checked a bit but this is my fourth week so i have a bit more to learn about crew skills.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Neither of you guys must have read my post though lol. I have about 1million creds just doing dailies wz and saving, so money isnt the issue. ITs if theres a better profession out there for raiding, pvpin and grinding boosts. Ive checked a bit but this is my fourth week so i have a bit more to learn about crew skills.
    Yep, I read it. Biochem isn't going to have any added benefits from Adrenals or Stims past the T1 content. I never mentioned credits.

If you already have max level biochem, pick of another profession that will benefit you gear wise.

the short answer is "yes". orange craftables can now crit and add augment slots, you can transfer set bonuses to those orange pieces of gear, therefor making them MUCH better than tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on 'beating out'. I leveled ALL professions on my BH to crit craft all of the Rakata level gear... then I leveled Biochem and kept it.

Just for your benefit: Bioware said they are trying to stray away from 'reusables'. Meaning, sometime in the future (most likely around 1.3) they will begin to ween us off of our reusable Biochem stuffz.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    the short answer is "yes". orange craftables can now crit and add augment slots, you can transfer set bonuses to those orange pieces of gear, therefor making them MUCH better than tier gear.
    The only issue with this is, you can only do this WITH Campaign gear. Rakata gear and lower has its set bonus on the piece, not the armoring. If you remove its armoring and put it in orange gear, you will get the stats for the armoring obviously but no set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    Although I missed the part about the money, this is why Armormech (or any other gear crafting prof) is good end game due to crit augment slots for min / maxing. I am biochem on my trooper and I love the reusable stuff since I hate farming, but I know that they will either be changed or removed altogether sometime down the line (or maybe changed to a 2-3 "charge" type of thing).