Help picking a Z77 mATX Mobo

Title says it. I don't really care about colors I just want a mobo that can do the job.

I don't know if going for the higher priced models (Fatal1ty, Sniper, Maximus) will do any better in terms of OCing, performance, etc. Or Extreme 4, MX, PRO are enough? This is for a first time build.

Here's the link for the Z77 mATX on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=1&srchInDesc=

Thank you.
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157294 Asrock Extreme4-micro or the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157306 Asrock Pro4 micro.
    Save your money get those boards and use the money to get a better video card or SSD or whatever instead of buying something like a Sniper or Maximus4.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for AsRock. Some of the best price/quality you can get on the motherboards right now. And their BIOS and overclocking capability is pretty darn impressive.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As always I will put in my vote for Asus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    As always I will put in my vote for Asus.
    Asus is a really good brand if not the best but it's usually more expensive then Asrock and not that much better if not equal.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Asus is a really good brand if not the best but it's usually more expensive then Asrock and not that much better if not equal.
    The quality/precision of their UEFI and the attention to detail is what makes Asus worth it.

Until any other mainboard manufacturer offers something like this amount of fan control, Asus will remain my top choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the avg person wouldn't even care as much for the fan control only somebody that "pays crazy attention to detail" would even care about that. I just don't think you can go wrong with Asus,Asrock,Evga,and some Gigabytes.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing to differentiate the hardware besides the addition of little things like advanced Nuvotron fan ICs, better firmware, better support and price. Asus wins all of these except price.

Fan control on ASRock mainboards? You're limited to three basic settings.

1) Full speed.
    2) CPU temp target (AXTU) where you set a base fan speed and a temperature target. Once the CPU exceeds that temperature you fans spin at max RPM.
    3) 1 of 9 preset fan speeds (voltage based)

Why accept this kind of half-assedness when Abit had this years ago?

Those grapes were probably sour anyway.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-04-19 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm set for an Asus P8Z77-M Pro.
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a solid choice I don't think you will be disappointed.