Fury weapon choices is driving me crazy

so what im understanding is that LFR Gurth is better for OH over normal mode gurth? if so i have normal mode ataraxis what should i use for weapon selections at this point since ive been reading on alot of different oppinions on weapons 403 gurth MH/ 390 Gurth, 403 Gurth/403 Gurth, or 403 Gurth/397 Ataraxis?

There's a stickied thread for this. Im sure all of your questions could be answered there.

Post I made up a while back covering this for Fury:

Weapons Choices in 4.3
    There has been a lot of discussion surrounding weapons in this patch, particularly around Gurth and it's proc, MH/OH comparisons and so forth.

As such, here is weapon guideline for this patch (assuming 2pc T13). This applies to the MH only.

416 Gurth > 403 Gurth > 410 Atraxis > 410 Specimen > 390 Gurth > 397 Atraxis > 397 Specimen > 384 Atraxis > 384 Specimen.

Gurth in the OH?

The proc rate for Gurth in OH seems adjusted; some abilities that used to proc it in OH no longer do. This will make 410 Atra BiS OH.

As per a question asked:

So would it be better to use 403 Gurth MH + 390 Gurth OH than 403 Gurth MH + 397 Cudgel ? what about swaping Cudgel for the 390 Gurth went using raging blow, would that work ?
    No, it would be better to use 403 Gurth + 397 Cudgel.

The following is the results of different weapon combos in OH. It was based on my own gear, using Landsoul's updated spreadsheet only swapping weapons:

416 Gurth + 410 Cudgel >
    416 Gurth + 403 Gurth >
    416 Gurth + 410 Specimen >
    416 Gurth + 416 Gurth >
    403 Gurth + 410 Cudgel >
    403 Gurth + 410 Specimen >
    403 Gurth + 397 Cudgel >
    403 Gurth + 390 Gurth >
    403 Gurth + 397 Specimen >
    403 Gurth + 403 Gurth

So take from that what you will and use it as a rough guideline/come up with your own conclusions. Sorry don't have the actual DPS values, but each gap was > 100 DPS.

Also regarding this (asking about two different iLvl's effecting proc rate):
    that's interesting, I don't really keep up with fury too much though.
    you have any links? only see a couple things on ej
    http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t124053-...dsheet_3_0_1a/

•Off-Handing Gurthalak should allow procs from Bloodthirst and Heroic Leap as well as melee swings. If two different versions are dual wielded, then each spell will have an equal chance to proc from Bloodthirst and Heroic Leap. Weapon based attacks such as swinging or raging blow or slam, etc should have one chance to proc from the appropriate hand. Removed chance to proc from Deep Wounds. These changes simultaneously apply to No'Kaled and Souldrinker for now until further notice. - credits to Landsoul for these notes

There was testing spread over a bunch of different threads in there, but due to the same iLvl having the same ID on the spell, it could only cause one to proc on BT + Heroic Leap hits. With two different iLvls, they have two seperate spell IDs - meaning they can both proc off the single BT/HL.

Is the proc on Gurth worth the stat-loss?

Simply put, yes.

The proc is incredibly strong and makes up a large part of our damage breakdown at times. The only thing is the consistency of this weapon, RNG controls it. On average the 403 Gurth will always out perform the 410 weapons with stats in MH. The only fight I wouldn't recommend using Gurth on is Spine of Deathwing. This is solely due to the small ~20 sec window to burst the Tendons on it, making the proc too RNG to rely on.

Keep the following in mind though (as per Bunee's comment):

If you want a more consistant dps go for cudgel on the offhand.
    Eg. 40-45k dps with cudgel. 38-47k dps with gurth.
    From: http://www.suguild.com/forum/index.p...sg9725#msg9725

15+ Year Old Account
    Questions like this goes in this sticky thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-should-I-use
    I have locked this thread.