Poll: Which

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanIsRippin View Post
    ICC is my favorite final raid. I don't even see how you can call SWP a final raid lol. Black Temple is what most people did, not many people even touched K.J. back in BC. Ulduar is still my favorite raid overall though, it was the most fun imo.
    Fact is that SWP was the final raid of TBC, how many people played through it is completely irrelevant. It's like answering ''which car was the best in 1970's'' and saying to that ''lol, most people didn't even have a car, question is meaningless''.
    Last edited by mmocd8a3ba3df1; 2012-04-19 at 10:30 AM.

ICC for me, with Naxx40 a close second. I loved the dark, chilling undead theme of both raids. ICC really felt like an epic place, in fact the most dangerous place in all Azeroth. Naxx40 was even creepy when you heard the women screams, and find out how Thaddius was made..

10+ Year Old Account
    I never did the original Naxxramas, but from what I've heard/seen (videos) about it, it would probably get my vote. Since I can't really vote for something I haven't played, ICC wins. However, I didn't like that neither Sylvanas, Muradin or Jaina got to be with Tirion in the final hour. I'd much rather having Tirion and Muradin, and adding Jaina/Sylvanas depending on if you were Alliance or Horde. Oh well, I won't go any more offtopic.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell, mostly due to its gorgeous architecture and the lore behind it.

ICC was the only one I ever bothered raiding though, so probably wins by default.

Nothing will measure up to my experiences with the MC and BWL days.
    Sith Juggernaught - Stealwool "The Great"
    8723 Endurance - 8123 Strength - No Buffs!
    Sabotage #1 US & EU
    Krayt Dragon - World First NM - 10/10
    <Ultra Uber> - Full Heroic Mode clear - Easymode
    Shamahaiera - 85 Shaman - 3500 Arena Rating

Deleted
    ICC was amazing. No contest here folks.

Completely taking out the factor of how long we were in ICC, I enjoyed ICC. The fights were fun, was set up nice, and the story as a whole seemed much more intact and involved than any other final tiers. If it weren't for the ridiculous amount of time we spent in there before Cata, I'd even vote it my favorite raid of the game. But....Kara still holds that place easily.

ICC was marred by being left for too long. Was about a year from release until Cata came along.

Naxx was probably "better" in terms of being better than the raids that had come before it. Shame that very few people saw it before it became the baby raid in Wrath.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez ICC is absolutely destroying everything haha, I was sure that Sunwell could of had some contest.

ICC was far from undertuned without the buff, with the buff yeah it may have seemed undertuned but the moment you take off the 25% buff; that raids difficulty jumped. Deathwhisper, Putricide, Sindragosa, Lich King were all tough fights mechanics wise and were roadblocks for a lot of guilds and groups in H ICC even with the buff; the argument can even be made for Blood Council. Fights like Valithria, Saurfang, Lanathel, Festergut were tough throughput checks be it healing/tanking/DPS whatever without the buffs, granted fights like Rotface, Marrowgar, Lootship were jokes on heroic; guilds still had troubles with Rotface and Marrowgar.

All in all Normals were great in ICC and Heroics were well tuned with good checks for coordination, and throughput as well as fights with unique and interesting mechanics liks Lich King, Putricide and Valithria. ICC was a great example of an instance; I just wish it didnt last as long as it did, but in the end it was a fantastic instance and I feel like it blows Dragon Soul out of the water and is slightly better than Sunwell. I didnt get to experience Naxx 40 but I heard things related to buggy fights and fights just being overtuned.

Side note, Heroic Lich King is keyed as one of the hardest bosses in the game period the time between heroic Sindragosa/Putricide to the Heroic Lich King Kill was rather large since there was no gating from Heroic End Wings to LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    ICC was marred by being left for too long. Was about a year from release until Cata came along.

Naxx was probably "better" in terms of being better than the raids that had come before it. Shame that very few people saw it before it became the baby raid in Wrath.
    Naxx in a comparison to raids at the time, Naxx was such a huge improvement over say AQ or BWL that Naxx was leagues ahead of everything else. Fights were more interesting largely than those raids and really started the evolution of raids to create more interesting fights instead of more grind oriented fights. 4 Horsemen is still one of the best fights they ever released mechanics wise and required near perfect execution back in the day for a kill. The rotation and dance required was a bitch to do in 40m.

I feel like the 40m raid model held back Vanilla raids, if they were created for 25 players the raids would have been more successful in my honest opinion.
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2012-04-19 at 06:07 PM.

Lich King 25 with 15% buff was still a guild destroyer.

I honestly can't say. I enjoyed ICC quite a bit especially with WotLK's puggable nature. I remember doing the first couple of bosses in SW:P. Mostly I just went to Sunwell for farming BoE's.

I personally liked 2.4 better than 3.3 but because the dailies made it so much more fun. So not really the raids themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

No Ulduar? That was the only raid where it looked like they gave a damn and put actual time into making extremely interesting encounters. Nothing this game has produced since then has even remotely compared.

ICC crapped all over Warcraft 3 lore and destroyed the game for me from a lore perspective. If I were forced to choose original Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    No Ulduar? That was the only raid where it looked like they gave a damn and put actual time into making extremely interesting encounters. Nothing this game has produced since then has even remotely compared.
    "Best final raid in WoW"

Ulduar was not a final raid even if it was amazing.
    My vote goes to ICC, loves the atmosphere and design of the raid, Naxx probably a close (very close) second.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

ICC was my first raid, so that's probably why it's also my favorite :S

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post

ICC crapped all over Warcraft 3 lore and destroyed the game for me from a lore perspective. If I were forced to choose original Naxx.
    Uldaur wasn't a final raid, So I'm not going to list it despite it was a very very good raid mind you.

I can't understand people who voted for DS. Recycled models, boring bosses and the most idiotic "battle for the toilet bowl" ending one could imagine. Dragon aspects stripped of their powers and aggara being pregnant is not something I, as an alliance player, wanted to see. It was an electrifying feeling to make it into phase 3 on LK, when he releases the spirits and the sounds it makes. The whole battle felt epic. I can't say that either spine or madness felt that way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really close between Sunwell and ICC for me. I voted ICC because I actually finished it when it was current. My guild had just downed Illidan and was just starting Sunwell when the Wrath patch hit.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    I can't understand people who voted for DS. Recycled models, boring bosses and the most idiotic "battle for the toilet bowl" ending one could imagine. Dragon aspects stripped of their powers and aggara being pregnant is not something I, as an alliance player, wanted to see. It was an electrifying feeling to make it into phase 3 on LK, when he releases the spirits and the sounds it makes. The whole battle felt epic. I can't say that either spine or madness felt that way.
    Because opinions are allowed to be different?

This poll clearly shows how much easier ICC was compared to original naxx/swp. DS is obviously trash. Voting SWP myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'Thun and AQ40 will always have a special place in my heart and in my opinion, was the greatest World of Warcraft ever offered or came up with

...the trash alone after Twin Emperors clearing to C'Thun was stuff of legend (yes, it was that hard, harder than some raid bosses to be brutally honest)

ahh, memories!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

I went with ICC, even though I did clear Sunwell when it was current content. I just enjoyed the story behind ICC, and the final boss just felt truly epic. ( Not saying Kil'Jaeden wasn't an awesome fight, because it was. Just feel over all ICC was better )

Not going to even mention M'uru... *pound face against wall*