Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    First off, the guy who posted the comment about MMO-Champion having Horde favouritism was trolling, I found this pretty obvious considering the fact that MMO-Champion posted the Alliance intro yesterday.

    Secondly, Garrosh is a dick. I can understand making you prove your mettle but he has to use the biggest enemy he can find, not one of his supposed "strong orc soldiers". It just makes it look like he was essentially hoping you'd die just for his own entertainment, I didn't see a show of mettle at all. If he wanted to prove the Horde's strength he should have done so with his own race, not with another.

    I'm not a fan of the hole "You are now Alliance, you must hate Horde!" or "You are now Horde, you must hate Alliance!". When Varian says, "I will NOT tolerate friendships across enemy lines." that just pissed me off because so many NPCs have "friendships across enemy lines". There are entire factions (many being druids or shamans) who are allies that also have tired with both the Alliance and the Horde, yet the player - who will become a hero through the games storyline - is not allowed to have friendships across enemy lines?

    Screw you, Varian and Garrosh. I'm gonna befriend a goblin and there ain't shit you can do about it. We're gonna the best of buds, blowin' holes in the sides of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms! TOGETHER!

    FRIENDS 4 LYFE, GOBBY PAL. FRIENDS 4 LYFE.

    Oh, also: Punching a KING in the face is far more satisfying than killing 3 ogres. Anyone can say they've killed 3 ogres. I bet all of you have killed hundreds of 'em on your level 70+ characters. Who the hell gets to say they had a scrap with a king and WON? I do! Though I do agree the bastard should actually fight back.

  2. #42
    The horde version isn't really better than the alliance. sure you don't fight for the amusement of your faction leader who hides in the stands but I like the different characters you meet in the alliance version.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 07:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh, also: Punching a KING in the face is far more satisfying than killing 3 ogres. Anyone can say they've killed 3 ogres. I bet all of you have killed hundreds of 'em on your level 70+ characters. Who the hell gets to say they had a scrap with a king and WON? [b
    I do![/b] Though I do agree the bastard should actually fight back.
    I wouldn't say you actually win a fight with the king. It gives the distinct impression that he's not really taking things seriously and is handling the players with kiddie gloves.

  3. #43
    I just got invited to the beta, so i suppose a new wave is coming.

  4. #44
    Good show Garrosh. Throw your new allies into a pit with three gigantic monsters they have never faced before. That'll show them true leadership.

    At least with Varian you felt really apart of the group. Brawling with him showed a kindness you never saw before. Garrosh just...tried to kill you. Hm.

  5. #45
    next time please post images with names different than Molestersoul... Seriously my brain reads it like this all the time o-O Molester of souls? ewwww....

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Beret View Post
    I'd be pissed if I was an annual pass holder and still not in the beta..
    like me you mean? still no invite here but what can you do /shrug
    I did only buy the annual pass for a free copy of D3 though so im not that bothered - I certainly wont be paying for any more blizzard services in the future though.

  7. #47
    That post about the beta invites is another pile of s***. If you know you will have more than a million players waiting and you promised them access, you should prepare to give them what you promised. We are not guilty if they were not ready to release beta, or they just didn't want to invest enough resources to invite everyone at once. Really disappointed here.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
    like me you mean? still no invite here but what can you do /shrug
    I did only buy the annual pass for a free copy of D3 though so im not that bothered - I certainly wont be paying for any more blizzard services in the future though.
    My friend signed up last week for the AP and his account was created at the start of Wrath and got in on this wave. It's hard to believe everyone isn't in at this point.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    My friend signed up last week for the AP and his account was created at the start of Wrath and got in on this wave. It's hard to believe everyone isn't in at this point.
    My account is active from 2007, with no more than 6 months total break, I got AP a month after it was announced. NO BETA.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Tikiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
    Posts
    369
    When I did my panda I chose Alliance since that is my faction normally on live servers. Had no problem at all with the introduction or the punching of the king, I found it highly entertaining. BUT when I see this horde footage... They get to battle three huge bosses, and no I am not jealous, just a thought that popped into my mind. When the panda hysteria has calmed down, how will one person take those down himself? Will take ages and probably not be that fun. (ok not ages but you hopefully get my point)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor20k View Post
    this is much different. In the blood elves case, they weren't split and some joining alliance and some horde. they all joined the horde. He's right not to trust them when this is the most heated the war between the alliance and horde has ever been. which brings me to the seconds point.

    They're in all out war mode now. they need to make sure that the allies they're gaining are going to be capable and not endanger their own side. when the blood elves joined, they weren't really at war, especially because thrall was the warchief. So it didn't really matter if the blood elves were capable fighters.
    Actually their race actually split, BLood elfs joining the Horde and High Elfs staying with Alliance. The difference is little more than fel/arcane addiction.
    Now that Blood elfs are free from their addiction the difference is even less. They are basically the same race, but divided factions.

    The main difference player wise is that you don't get to play High Elfs, only blood elfs.

    For me this is more like the DKs. At the end of the introduction you need to choose a faction. That is made through a quest.

    As a blood elf you never need to choose a faction in game. That was made lore wise, and the player in game is already playing those that choose the Horde.




    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiya View Post
    When I did my panda I chose Alliance since that is my faction normally on live servers. Had no problem at all with the introduction or the punching of the king, I found it highly entertaining. BUT when I see this horde footage... They get to battle three huge bosses, and no I am not jealous, just a thought that popped into my mind. When the panda hysteria has calmed down, how will one person take those down himself? Will take ages and probably not be that fun. (ok not ages but you hopefully get my point)
    Depends on how you look at it. When I was watching the horde introduction I though how lame that you need to walk all the way to arena while Garrosh just flies there, In the Alliance quest you walk with your king.

    I also though alliance quest much more personal then the horde. The king decides to test you personally to see what you got. I only wish the female Panderan to join the fight instead of just standing there.

    In the horde I think its lame that you just fight a few mobs. I was hoping for a Garrosh fight, they aren't even horde races just some scattered big mobs from around the world of warcraft that the player will kill by the hundreds eventually. I think that is to show that Garrosh is a little cucco in the head, and actually seems to try to kill the Pandaren. Ji even states that himself.

    Also you enter the Orgrimmar arena and the loading screen is a wildhammer... GG Blizz you'r so BIAS!!! /end sarcasm
    Last edited by esmifra; 2012-04-19 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    My account is active from 2007, with no more than 6 months total break, I got AP a month after it was announced. NO BETA.
    Really? You checked your bnet account not your email right? They will probably be able to get everyone in by next week at this rate but I thought most people would have been in right now since he was able to get in after only signing up for it last week (the only reason he didn't sign up before was because he thought it cost an extra $100).

  13. #53
    One "E" short of Molester.

  14. #54
    Dreadlord Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Robot Monkey Pirate Island
    Posts
    975
    Oh, also: Punching a KING in the face is far more satisfying than killing 3 ogres. Anyone can say they've killed 3 ogres. I bet all of you have killed hundreds of 'em on your level 70+ characters. Who the hell gets to say they had a scrap with a king and WON?
    Actually, a Magnataur, A Gronn and A Hillbreaker

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,924
    Don't tell me that, that shit random number that's added to your name tag is seen by others. That looks so cheap.

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer shadowkras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,011
    Hellscream speech is just terrible.

  17. #57
    Mechagnome calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    735
    Damn, even during the Beta test people even sit around in Org on flying mounts doing nothing.

  18. #58
    are you guys sure this battletag thing is working ?

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    Emperor Hellscream? HA, they dun goofed.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Actually their race actually split, BLood elfs joining the Horde and High Elfs staying with Alliance. The difference is little more than fel/arcane addiction.
    Now that Blood elfs are free from their addiction the difference is even less. They are basically the same race, but divided factions.

    The main difference player wise is that you don't get to play High Elfs, only blood elfs.
    Total lore fail. The Blood Elves were borne from the remains [see Arthas attack on Quel'Thalas] of the High Elves -the sin'dorei -and are not two separate races (sic) as you suggest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •