View Poll Results: Which statement applies to you?

Voters
180. This poll is closed
  • I buy most MMO releases, and will be buying Tera.

16 8.89%
  • I buy a few of the more interesting MMOs, and will be buying Tera.

28 15.56%
  • I rarely buy new MMOs, but I will be buying Tera.

19 10.56%
  • I buy most MMO releases, but will not be buying Tera.

19 10.56%
  • I buy some of the more interesting MMOs, but will not buy Tera.

76 42.22%
  • I rarely buy new MMOs, but will buy Tera.

10 5.56%
  • I have not heard of Tera.

12 6.67%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tera and the MMO Playerbase

Poll Incoming;

I decided to make this poll to see how the general MMO playerbase felt about the upcoming game, Tera.

The graphics are pretty impressive and the combat system is unique, but do you feel that this new Korean MMO is worth the time and money? Especially with the incredibly hyped GW2 now entering beta and drawing the attention of many new and displaced MMO fans.

Also, what is it in particular that draws you to this game?
    Last edited by anathama; 2012-04-19 at 05:25 AM.

For me, Tera, is just another asian MMO, regardless of being hack n' slash.

The graphic style is terrible. Males with eyeliners, cleavages so deep that you can almost see their junk, some kind of fluffy little animals (and pandarens are childish they say, heh), half-naked little girls with cat ears and tails (what kind of pedophile designed this?). It's just one big ugly kitsch... Which is enough for me to stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    For me, Tera, is just another asian MMO, regardless of being hack n' slash.

The graphic style is terrible. Males with eyeliners, cleavages so deep that you can almost see their junk, some kind of fluffy little animals (and pandarens are childish they say, heh), half-naked little girls with cat ears and tails (what kind of pedophile designed this?). It's just one big ugly kitsch... Which is enough for me to stay away from it.
    I agree with you there. Thankfully we can Quit WoW now once 5.0 comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera is just another MMO in my eyes.
    Nothing special about it what so ever, I played Beta it was alright.. Will not be paying for it that's for sure.

Deleted
    I thought Tera was a bunch of crap but I had a really boring week so I tryed Aion, deleted it after 8hours playing because I only had 2 attacks at level 15. Then I tryed Tera without any knowledge of the game and just thought what the hell... But I was instant hooked because of the playstyle. After 3 beta's I bought the game.

you have two options the same..

"I rarely buy new MMOs, but will buy Tera." and
    "I rarely buy new MMOs, but I will be buying Tera."

when i found tera, i preordered it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    you have two options the same..

"I rarely buy new MMOs, but will buy Tera." and
    "I rarely buy new MMOs, but I will be buying Tera."

when i found tera, i preordered it immediately.
    Ya, sorry about that

There doesn't seem to be anyway for me to change it; The second one (or sixth one done) is supposed to read "I rarely buy new MMOs, and will not buy Tera. "

i detect a distinct LACK of a might buy option LOL

Man this poll is confusing as hell, you should of just divided it and made it into 2 simple polls.

Quote Originally Posted by devinedragoon View Post
    i detect a distinct LACK of a might buy option LOL
    D'oh! Knew I was missing something! >.>

Well, I can't vote on this. I rarely buy new MMOs, and I'm not buying Tera.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I see nothing special in Tera, the graphics aren't that interesting to me.
    As far as I have seen in online video's of the gameplay there is nothing that says to me: hey this is nice!

So i stick with oldy wow! but yeah thats just me

WTB "I want to wait and see how it is after the beta, then I'll make up my mind" option. Or "I'm going to wait until after release and see what the reaction is."

TOR and Rift were my last two instant buys, and both were not interesting enough to play. Well, Rift was good but no one I knew played, and in TOR I knew several people that played but we all got bored about the same time. I'm going to wait on this one unless beta this weekend blows my mind.

I rarely buy new MMOs but I'll be getting Tera. Firstly because it's using a different combat system and for the art style, plus I find that the music and world itself in asian games are slightly more imaginative. I can agree that there's a certain "too much" compared to Aion, for example but then again I'm a lot more open minded than the most.

half-naked little girls with cat ears and tails
    Don't really see anything wrong with them... quite a standard fare in Korea/Japan. They are cute and fluffy, so who acres.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Other: I'm currently playing a MMO and have no interest in Tera.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably try it out if it wasn't p2p, won't bother with another subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    I'd probably try it out if it wasn't p2p, won't bother with another subscription.
    Thanks for trying to ruin MMORPG Gaming. Lets just F2P WoW and have cash shops top buy gear and lets see you come back crying lol.

Deleted
    All it has is the political system and combat, everything else is sub-par. So, i'd try it out if it was buy/free to play. But p2p, no dice.

Haven't followed the game till now, but registered for the beta, so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Thanks for trying to ruin MMORPG Gaming. Lets just F2P WoW and have cash shops top buy gear and lets see you come back crying lol.
    Lets just all be sheeps and pay for whatever crap developers make. That will push MMORPG scene forward.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's no "i hear of most MMO's but wont be buying Tera".. however there is 2 "I rarely buy new MMOs, but will buy Tera."