View Poll Results: Which statement applies to you?

Voters
180. This poll is closed
  • I buy most MMO releases, and will be buying Tera.

16 8.89%
  • I buy a few of the more interesting MMOs, and will be buying Tera.

28 15.56%
  • I rarely buy new MMOs, but I will be buying Tera.

19 10.56%
  • I buy most MMO releases, but will not be buying Tera.

19 10.56%
  • I buy some of the more interesting MMOs, but will not buy Tera.

76 42.22%
  • I rarely buy new MMOs, but will buy Tera.

10 5.56%
  • I have not heard of Tera.

12 6.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I knew that facial hair argument was coming. I could just as easily argue that no child has hips like the Elins do. I find it somewhat disturbing that if Elin had noticeable breasts that everything would automatically be okay with them. So breasts are the single determining factor in whether or not a female is perceived as prepubescent? If female gnomes were flat chested would they be under this same scrutiny? They already fit the bill for being small with youthful faces.

At any rate, FYI, I'm female, late 20s, heterosexual (my boyfriend and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary), am childfree (no desire for children whatsoever), and I play an Elin. These stereotypes and assumptions are just ridiculous.

She's a fantasy fox sprite that kills things with fire. :P
    Well, it's not only the boobs but the entire body type, face, and so on. It was just the obvious example why gnomes aren't children. On that picture of Elin most of us see a child, and if it wasn't a child why would they put in "child spirit" if they tried to make it something else, tiny sings of hips or not?
    Do you honestly think anyone looking at that picture would see something else than a child?

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    In the official fiction, Elin are "older and wiser than they appear", and many of them have animal ears and tails. So since moustaches and breasts are sufficiently distinguishing for you, then the Elin are perfectly fine too.

You're grasping at straws. You really don't have an argument here. You're the only one drawing parallels with "hooking up with a 10-year old" and you don't see how completely backwards and irrelevant it is.

Please, troll somewhere else.
    Hehe, I think you are grasping some straws, since you don't know how humans respond to puberty. That's usually what in biology separates us from not being children anymore. Probably some information about it on internet or at library, and if you haven't reached your own yet I don't blame you for liking Elins since they are like most girls in your age.

Even though they try to mask Elin as being adults for some reason, it's a child, they add child spirit and when you look at them they look at children. Anyone looking into the game not knowing what it is would wonder why someone is playing around with half-naked children. It's as simple as that, and I wonder why they add it in games. In Aion there is option to have "childlike bodies" and in this game they make an entire child race and also the lack of clothes is what they want it to be (they added clothes cause they had to, right?), and showing up in clothes that's focusing what's between their legs. It's just wierd why people enjoy it and support it and it would feel wrong to hang around these people.

Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    I you are interested in will we buy tera or not you could just made poll with 2 choices

1. i will buy tera
    2. i will NOT buy tera

And if you are interested how much MMO's people buy, you could made another topic and poll with 3 choices

1.I buy all the new MMO's
    2. I buy some MMO's
    3.I rarely buy any MMO's

On Topic:

I think Tera is at the bottom of any real gamer list with all the new releases comming out:
    Diablo 3
    Guild Wars2
    Civilization-Gods&Kings
    Mists of Pandaria
    GTA 5
    MAx Payne 3

There is just now enough room for Tera
    I consider myself a 'real gamer' and I am not buying a single game on your list.

Also I really don't think any of the screenshots or videos posted really look that visually appealing. Not saying its going to be a bad game, just the "OMG ITS GOT SUCH GREAT GRAPHICS HOW CAN YOU SAY OTHERWISE" crowd needs to chill.

I really didn't know much about Tera. I probably still won't buy it, but now that I know you can buy game time with in game currency, I will definitely pay closer attention to it.
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-04-19 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I consider myself a 'real gamer' and I am not buying a single game on your list.

Also I really don't think any of the screenshots or videos posted really look that visually appealing. Not saying its going to be a bad game, just the "OMG ITS GOT SUCH GREAT GRAPHICS HOW CAN YOU SAY OTHERWISE" crowd needs to chill.

I really didn't know much about Tera. I probably still won't buy it, but now that I know you can buy game time with in game currency, I will definitely pay closer attention to it.
    the graphics of the game are great and the game is well optimized to run on alot of computers. What is turning people off is the Art style! not graphics noone ever seems to know the difference though

I rarely buy new MMO's but Tera is one I am willing to buy. I have become burnt out on WoW and I need something new to play. Worst comes to worst I lose 60$ and go back to WoW. But the game itself looks great and I am willing to spend money to try it out.
    Casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, it's not only the boobs but the entire body type, face, and so on. It was just the obvious example why gnomes aren't children. On that picture of Elin most of us see a child, and if it wasn't a child why would they put in "child spirit" if they tried to make it something else, tiny sings of hips or not?
    Do you honestly think anyone looking at that picture would see something else than a child?
    Tiny? O_o Elins are called "thunder thighs" by most of the Tera community for a reason. :P Granted, the screenshot I posted may not be the best to illustrate that.

Well, the faces vary. I'll admit here are a couple of creepy Gerber baby face options, but I rarely see them used. Most people tend to go with the large-eyed anime faces. The Elins are also abundant with options to make them less realistically humanoid. The ears and tails, obviously, plus most of their faces have options to change their eyes into swirls, clovers, that sort of thing.

I'd also like to note that Elins are by far the most conservatively dressed race and that was before the western censorship. The problem is people keep citing the same exact robes every single time as evidence that they perpetually run around half naked. Fact of the matter is, of their 60+ armor designs literally about 4 of them needed to be changed and not coincidentally those four are without fail the ones that everyone links and always in their pre-censored form.

Regardless, it's more the assumptions people make that bothers me. It's not only insulting to me, but it's insulting to all my friends who also happen to play an Elin. My point was we're not all middle aged men interested in pedophilia. Some of us just see a cute fantasy character. I've said it before, but anyone who makes it out to be more than that I feel has watched too many episodes of L&O:SVU. :P I'm not saying those types don't exist, in fact, the comments to the last video that was posted were disturbing as Hell, but in my experience thus far those types have been the minority.

Also, I sincerely doubt any actual 10 year olds play the game as it is rated M for Mature and requires a subscription fee. Besides, when I was 10 I would have wanted to play a Castanic, haha. I doubt Elins would have even been that interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not be buying Tera and I came to the conclusion after playing in a beta weekend. The combat is fun, the game looks great and I especially liked the mobs. What I didn't like is the look of the player races/NPCs and I couldn't/didn't get invested into the story (which may be because I don't like the look of any of the races). If I can't get invested in my character (I was a Popori that looked like he was wearing a bodysuit and diaper) I can't really play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Tera, why not. I enjoyed playing the action style combat, so much so my muscle memory stayed with me when betas were done. I enjoyed the art, I enjoyed a lot of the game. There are things I wasn't fond of, but they have changed so much from closed beta to open I'm curious.

New voice acting. New intro. The game gets really interesting about level 15, that's when the chain skills start coming in.

Those of you that say beta starts today, it does for preorders only. Open beta for everyone is tomorrow:

Open Event

Begins: Friday, April 20 at 12:00 PM Pacific
    Ends: Monday, April 23 at 11:59 PM Pacific

I'll play this and Rift until May 15th, and then we'll see!
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I actually enjoyed the game when I played it in the closed beta. I just don't like subscription fees so I won't be getting it.

Deleted
    The real question here is are some of you here attractive to elin because it surely sounds like it.. It's like doing judo and your afraid to touch another guy because you secretly have weird feelings for other men(scared of getting a .. ?). I do have to admit that the theme is abit erotic but wich straight guy wouldn't mind that? You rather watch a granny or a hot chick in action lol?

OT: Only played wow and tried Aion (H O R R I B L E) but this game looks good (graphics wise) but like all mmo's only wow has raiding they way it is and that's the major thing in mmo's atm.. GW2 is trying to change it but we will have to wait and see if it works. I'm not a grinder (never did dailies and shizzle) only rand dungenons/raids and geared chars.

Does this game have a free trial or something?

Edit: Why doesn't Tera have a own section on MMO btw?

Tera open beta starts tomorrow at 12pm PDT. Lasts all weekend. Just have to go to their site, make an account, enter the code TERABETA, download the client and you're gtg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Tera is at the bottom of any real gamer list with all the new releases comming out:
    Diablo 3
    Guild Wars2
    Civilization-Gods&Kings
    Mists of Pandaria
    GTA 5
    MAx Payne 3
    GTA, MoP and D3 are a must have for real gamers? I rather not to be a real gamer than to tear my money.

OT: I won't buy Tera, it doesn't look good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post

On Topic:

Diablo 3
    Guild Wars2
    Civilization-Gods&Kings
    Mists of Pandaria
    GTA 5
    MAx Payne 3

There is just now enough room for Tera
    Only Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3 have a release date "soon" the rest is weeks and months away, hell GW2, GTA5 and MoP dont even have a release date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    Just another gear grind MMO. Yeah the combat is different, so what? I don't know how you people aren't burnt out on grinding the same dungeons and BGs over and over and over for gear. You've been playing the same MMO for like 10+ years now. Same quests too. Kill 5 tress, oh now go kill 5 of those other trees but bring me branches too. Blah. Played 5 minutes in a beta a couple weeks ago and uninstalled it. Crap IMO.
    Too bad your opinion is wrong.

If you don't play any MMOs, then why are you pretending we care about your opinion?
    And if you do play MMOs, why so, if they're all 'the same dungeons and BGs over and over and over for gear'?

People like you are the cancer of the MMO community.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Too bad your opinion is wrong.
    That's a shame, because an opinion can't be wrong. That's why it's called an opinion and not a fact.

This thread has turned into a bash-fest so I'm closing it. If you feel the close is unwarranted, please PM me with your reasoning.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right