1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    260

    Account Updated Email

    Since I don't play SWTOR and have no access to the official forums, I thought I'd try asking here instead.

    Earlier I got an email containing the following:

    Account Updated

    Star Wars: The Old Republic

    XXX:

    Your account on the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website has been successfully updated! Remember, we have also updated your EA account using this email address.

    If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact a member of our Customer Service Team.

    Now, a few hours prior to receiving this email, I unsubscribed from the SWTOR mailing list. So, I'm wondering, does anyone know if this notification is just a result of me updating my mail preferences or has someone else accessed my account?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallv View Post
    Since I don't play SWTOR and have no access to the official forums, I thought I'd try asking here instead.

    Earlier I got an email containing the following:




    Now, a few hours prior to receiving this email, I unsubscribed from the SWTOR mailing list. So, I'm wondering, does anyone know if this notification is just a result of me updating my mail preferences or has someone else accessed my account?

    Thanks.
    Could it be that you just got access to the free week all old subscribers got this week?

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Could it be that you just got access to the free week all old subscribers got this week?
    Sorry, I suppose I should've mentioned, I've never been subscribed, it's just an account I made a couple of years ago.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallv View Post
    Sorry, I suppose I should've mentioned, I've never been subscribed, it's just an account I made a couple of years ago.
    Your account there might have been compromised or it could be some sort of automated thing. If it really matters to you then contact their support through their website. Otherwise? Well I've had my account with Blizzard compromised a couple of times but it had been so long since I played, both times, that they didn't get much beyond some toons to spam chat with. So in your case its probably just an account they can get a trial with, and spam chat.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Your account there might have been compromised or it could be some sort of automated thing. If it really matters to you then contact their support through their website. Otherwise? Well I've had my account with Blizzard compromised a couple of times but it had been so long since I played, both times, that they didn't get much beyond some toons to spam chat with. So in your case its probably just an account they can get a trial with, and spam chat.
    The reason why I don't believe it has been compromised is because none of the details have changed.

    When I went to check this earlier, I panicked and entered my security question incorrectly and got my account locked. I retrieved it via the reset password function but as I said, after logging in, my details are mostly the same. Having also reset my password, I know what that specific email looks like and it's not the same as the one telling me my account was updated.

    This is all an issue for me because I'm fairly paranoid about security, even if it's basically a dead account I won't use. Has anyone had any experience with the SWTOR customer support? I've sent a ticket but I'm honestly just expecting an automated response.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 02:40 PM ----------

    Thanks for the responses, looks as if it's fine.

    Greetings XXX,

    Thank you for contacting us regarding the email that you received.

    I understand that you recently opted out from receiving mails from us, and that has been considered as a change on your account.

    We would like to assure you that this is not an indication that your account has been compromised. However, we would like to advise you as well to make sure that the Security Questions are properly set up, which I believe you have accomplished already.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

  6. #6
    If you modify your account at SWTOR, they will send an email every time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •