Poll: Will acceleration passed c ever be possible?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    When you go above c the special relativity or modified newton's equation account for a shift in physical dimesions that of which can be speculated as a spacetime warp.
    Hence, the acceleration or any form mechanics we perceive for this reality will be irrelevant until their machinations are unified, with our struggle to unify our models of forces that we can perceive, we are still far away from getting to that point as shifting through reality is something that is outside of our perception regarding how we model the spacetime.

Hence, the question should what happens at and after the speed of light, as mathematically the model blows-up the moment you postulate this condition that of which implies that the concept of reality as we perceive it is broken, meaning there is not acceleration at that point has we haven't really modeled or postulated something of that sort. Infinity is only a label we put on things we can't fully perceive.

Simply put, when you go above the speed of light, you are not in this reality any more, what happens then is the first question be answered or to be asked...

TL;DR: No.

Not really a relevant example, as that is rather a matter of normalization, the speed itself is a measured quatity analogous to litres for your example rather than a percentage.

All in vacuum, though.

Though regarding your statement of math not being objective, so is the reality, such an ironic term.

I would rather have used a meme, but you've got lots to read up.
    The problem is not regarding what has been prove or not but whether it unavalability of a model to base any experiment on. Right know our existing models fit to 10% of what we perceive in the observable universe. Everything is a theory, the concept of scientific laws has be killed 100 years ago as the very reality itself hold the probability of being false, according to whom or what is something we don't know aswell.
    What are you on about? The problem at hand was the objectivity of math, not reality, you can have an objective description of a subjective reality (the objective description would accurately depict the subjective nature of reality) but then again (imo) nothing is truly objective.

As for your point on vacuum, what? It does not matter, I didn't make a point that was only valid in vacuum, you can still use maxwells equations for/in solid matter, just take into account a position/time dependant diffusion instead of diffusion constant = c.
    I liek fysix

Sure. They did it in Spaceballs, so it must be possible. We even have a name for this speed already, 'Ludicrous Speed!'

Anyways, based on what we know of our universe (and even with all these smart people, it's still little more than 'jack shit'), I would say no, it's likely not possible to move faster than light...maybe at or near the same speed, but not faster. On the contrary, I think it may be more likely we could in fact use wormholes of one kind or another as a shortcut.