10+ Year Old Account

Silly questions #2, the sequel!

Goodafternooon fellow Diabloers! I had a similar thread with silly questions but I didnt post there cause it was some months old for obvious reasons. You know, being a new player and all brings up a lot of questions, silly or not! If Shamanic or any other doesnt approve, I wont make a new next time!
    Lets go!

1) Being in a party, affects the QUALITY of the loot? For example, if Im in a 4 man party I will get better magic or rare items than if I was solo? (better, not more)
    2) The Magic Find, while grouped, works for the whole party? I have no good way to explain that one but I'll try. If an item has a 1% chance to drop and I walk in with 100% MF, will it have 2% drop chance, or all the members of the party must have 100% MF for it to be 2%?
    3) About the Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting professions: In videos on youtube I have only seen about blacksmithing, not much about JC! Do they get trained on you, or an npc? And if they are on you, can you have both of them at the same time?

Silly questions, I know. But I have absolutely nothing else to do here on the forums. And if you noticed the last days the Diablo section of the forums is very very quiet :/
    Lets talk more Diablo!!!!

Ps. Other questions might pop up in my mind. Tell me if I should post here or make another thread next time! Peace out!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    If Shamanic or any other doesnt approve, I wont make a new next time!
    Sounds fine to me, if a thread is more than a month or two old information can be outdated anyway or people will respond to the first question instead of reading to the end

1) Being in a party, affects the QUALITY of the loot? For example, if Im in a 4 man party I will get better magic or rare items than if I was solo? (better, not more)
    I'm pretty sure that all drop quality is equal regardless of how many players in the group.

2) The Magic Find, while grouped, works for the whole party? I have no good way to explain that one but I'll try. If an item has a 1% chance to drop and I walk in with 100% MF, will it have 2% drop chance, or all the members of the party must have 100% MF for it to be 2%?
    Magic find is added up total between all members of party and then averaged. So if you have 4 members, person 1 has 10%, person 2 has 20%, person three has 30% but person 4 is stacking MF and has 100%, you have a total of 160% / 4 - your drops will be calculated at 40% magic find for everyone.

Here is the blue quote regarding it from March

"Our developers have decided that bonuses + Magic Find, Gold Find + and + XP but will work differently for groups of players. These bonuses will be equal for each character in the group and depending on the sum of bonuses for all players.

The group consists of four players. In total, their stats are 50% MF, +20% GF and 10% XP, each of these players will have a 12.5% MF, 5% and 2.5% GF XP being in such a group."

3) About the Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting professions: In videos on youtube I have only seen about blacksmithing, not much about JC! Do they get trained on you, or an npc? And if they are on you, can you have both of them at the same time?
    The jeweler will be the same as the blacksmith, it's an NPC and you need to train him in the town and then it's account bound.

No questions are silly, and all questions are always welcome here

I think Shamanic pretty much nailed this one. Just to clarify - Shamanic wrote "I'm pretty sure..." to your number 1 - but he's/she's right. The quality of the loot isn't affected by the size of your group, only the quantity is.

Remember in Diablo 3 you'll have separate loots, so it's the exact same loots as if you we're soloing - only difference is that more people is getting loot.

I have a silly question, too!

How does chat work? I started group play in the Beta, and everyone was moving so fast that I didn't have time to figure chat out.

Also, can you trade between group members, and how do you do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaio View Post
    I have a silly question, too!

How does chat work? I started group play in the Beta, and everyone was moving so fast that I didn't have time to figure chat out.

Also, can you trade between group members, and how do you do that?
    In a game you can either whisper someone or you can /party and chat.. but to be honest I have never seen anyone speak in the randoms on beta.

In the lobby there is a chat room and you can select which room you're in, trading, class rooms, hardcore, etc.

For trading you just right click on their avatar and then click trade, or you can drop on the floor (but then anyone can pick it up, whereas trading is one on one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice stuff to see :P
    1 Potion is not gonna take 1 inventory slot, I saw that :P But how much do they stack for?
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    Nice stuff to see :P
    1 Potion is not gonna take 1 inventory slot, I saw that :P But how much do they stack for?
    Don't know that one for sure, but I had 65 on one char and it was all the same stack so.... Quite a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Don't know that one for sure, but I had 65 on one char and it was all the same stack so.... Quite a lot!
    I belive pot stacks and reagent stacks max out at 100.

How do I change my setup so I can have a second primary skill bound to my right mouse button?