Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another case of police brutality...with a twist

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-office...,2795580.story

She "crossed the blue line" with intentions of helping the poor guy and is now getting fired? Mmmkay.

What do you think?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Business as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such is life in America.

They should fire and destroy the reputation of the guys who used ''excessive" force (read: beating up an emotionally disturbed person) instead
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Beating up kids = bad
    Tazing fat 9 year olds = bad
    Pepper spraying idiots who are pushing and shoving police at their university = okay

Just drawing the line here.

Every time I hear about things like this it makes me sad. And then it happens again, and again. Another case of common sense taking a back seat, imo...
    I, for one, welcome our new (panda)raptor overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Crossing the blue line" What an idiotic policy considering the circumstance... Plus I love how the 2 offending officers are not being investigated. And people are supposed to trust these fools?

Just the usual stuff the police do. Nothing new or exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right, her own fault for trying to do the right thing and stopping a random beating.

Good to hear there's someone sane in that police force who tried to stop them. We seem to be missing what caused the two police officers to be so violent. Were they misinformed and thought they were taking out an armed drug dealer!? Surely they had a sane reason above "we just felt like beating the crap out of innocents today"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "we just felt like beating the crap out of innocents today"
    Of course not such people only exist in fairy tales...

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Of course not such people only exist in fairy tales...
    I prefer to see people as rational human beings until proven otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Such is life in America.
    Unfortunately this.
    Man, I hate it here.

Can't wait for Fox News to say this is justified or something.

So... until they speak, you mean?
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Such is life in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Unfortunately this.
    Man, I hate it here.
    What are you two talking about? How many times have you been brutalized by a cop? "Such is life in America" my ass. Did you even read the article? You guys are so completely ignorant of reality it makes me sick.

Looks to me like some cops behaved badly and are now facing consequences for it. Are you implying that police officers in other parts of the world never commit a crime or act improperly?
    Last edited by Biged781; 2012-04-19 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    America never ceases to amaze me.

George Carlin on Police Brutality

You do not interact with many people, do you? Such a statement would be redundant if you would... sad, but true. Some people like to abuse power...

ever wondered how come spousal abuse is the abuse of the spouse but police abuse is the abuse by the police

10+ Year Old Account
    As messed up as this sounds, I have some questions.

-First, the 22 year old MAN who was assaulted is listed as emotionally disturbed. Why and for what reasons is he emotionally disturbed?

-Why was his mother calling to send him to the hospital?

-Then, one officer comes at the man with charges, while the other proceeded to begin punching the man. What kind of altercation could have lead to this?

-Lastly, she claims all of these efforts against her are because she is a lesbian. I truly have trouble believing someone who resorts to these methods. If this is a sexist or homophobic reaction, why would the Bogota police department keep her on staff for 11 years and give her numerous commendations?

I don't condone this in any way; the officers who assaulted this man need to be suspended or fired and Officer Tasca should fired. Yet, the altercation between the officers and the man is interesting because we don't know WHY it happened. The majority of police officers do not just beat people up because they can, certainly not people they are dispatched to oversee.

To all of you condemning American police officers, shame on you. Consider that your Fox News response.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I think the issue here is her physically trying to stop the other officers from restraining the man. That puts all of the police in danger and I certainly would not want to work with any cop that would put me in danger.

There might also be something to how she called for backup. I find it odd that two responding officers would just jump someone without assessing the situation unless they thought he was dangerous, and the only information they had was from her call for backup.