Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    I think the issue here is her physically trying to stop the other officers from restraining the man. That puts all of the police in danger and I certainly would not want to work with any cop that would put me in danger.
    If that had been what they were doing, fair enough. By all accounts they were assaulting the man. Just because they have a badge does not make them exempt from the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    If that had been what they were doing, fair enough. By all accounts they were assaulting the man. Just because they have a badge does not make them exempt from the law.
    And there are remedies for that. She could arrest the officer after the man is restrained. She could file a complaint against the officer.

Let's say that during her attempt to restrain the one officer that the "emotionally unstable" man got a gun off the other officer and proceeded to start shooting. Then what would we be talking about.

She did cross a line, have you ever seen someone try to break up a gang beat-down? There is no difference between a gang wearing red scarves vs a gang wearing blue and a badge. She's lucky she hasn't been killed yet by these sociopath cops looking more for victims rather than for criminals.

"Bogota PD, after hearing Tasca's story, believes she is psychologically incompetent to be a police officer, and she is being sent for testing." This is in fact true, to be a cop in America you have to be able to either abuse innocent people or sit back and eat popcorn while it's taking place in front of you. Congratulations Miss Tasca for being the only decent human being on that police force.

there is 2 sides to every story and we are only getting 1/2 of it
    RIP Steve Jobs. a great man who gave the world great products.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrin View Post
    She did cross a line, have you ever seen someone try to break up a gang beat-down? There is no difference between a gang wearing red scarves vs a gang wearing blue and a badge. She's lucky she hasn't been killed yet by these sociopath cops looking more for victims rather than for criminals.
    She crossed the line by trying to stop sociopaths? The line for acceptable police behaviour is "putting oneself at risk to stop injustice and violence"?

The only thing sadder than this story is the people justifying it with warped logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    And there are remedies for that. She could arrest the officer after the man is restrained.
    You have a strange definition of restraint if it involves repeatedly punching someone face down on the ground with secured arms.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    She crossed the line by trying to stop sociopaths? The line for acceptable police behaviour is "putting oneself at risk to stop injustice and violence"?

The only thing sadder than this story is the people justifying it with warped logic.
    Reading comprehension 101. Visit that.

[/Quote BlazingMuffin69
    there is 2 sides to every story and we are only getting 1/2 of it [/quote]

And for over a year the only story that has been told has been from the gang in blue. Finally the second side of the story, with video and audio is being told. You wonder why cops don't want to be on constant surveillance when they are on duty but also want drones in the sky?
    Last edited by Gerrin; 2012-04-20 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    What are you two talking about? How many times have you been brutalized by a cop? "Such is life in America" my ass. Did you even read the article? You guys are so completely ignorant of reality it makes me sick.

Looks to me like some cops behaved badly and are now facing consequences for it. Are you implying that police officers in other parts of the world never commit a crime or act improperly?
    Did you even read the article? The cops that beat the guy are fine, the cop who tried to stop it is suspended and getting her career destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is just sad.