Double Paladin or Feral Druid/Paladin tanking for Madness of Deathwing 25man Heroic?

So, my guild has started progressing on madness HC (nearly on ph2) & we're not sure if we should use double paladin or paladin/druid tanks, any advice?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Use whatever.

I think the accepted logic is that double prot warriors is one of the least optimal combinations to use on heroic Madness. And yet that is what we use. As long as you have your impale CDs covered you can use whatever you want.

Unless you had a DK tank that could laugh at the Impales the comp doesnt matter much, just take your best two. Some guilds find DPS to be tight, esp around the blue platform and P2, so the extra DPS from the druid could be useful to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worse your tank lineup, the more work it'll take to coordinate your CDs, but it's really hard to actually end up in trouble for impales if you use all of the CDs you have available.

Paladins, druids, whatever. We ran paladin/druid (I'm the bear) because the 25 I run with can't for the life of them get a backup tank (and when one of us is out the group practically doesn't run). I ended up using the platform's DG for all platforms to get 20% off the top, and used MFR (4pc FR) for 2 platforms to give the pally an edge, but from my forum post on the subject: "Max tank damage taken: 285.6k (P3I2, Maggz, with 120% max HP +100k from GS)" for Maggz: AP, DP, Rallying Cry (HP), PWB, Sac, GS. Damage taken: 408,000-122.4k (Sac) (120% max HP, +100k HP GS).

The only time after I compiled CDs that we actually experienced tank death came from 1) multiple people missing their CDs like fools or 2) the 3rd impale on the last platform, when DPS were derping too much >.> On a sidenote, DG, SI and Barkskin put the impale all the way down to 102k, and barely noticeable. I would recommend the druid side of things, as thrash/swipe and catform can contribute a lot to DPS (bear for blood, cat for everything else).
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-04-19 at 10:04 PM.