Poll: What edition of Guild Wars 2 did you get?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Basic Edition using my money to buy things in the cash shop!
    What he said^

Rather than getting random items, I'd rather spend my money on things that I actually want/look appealing at least there is a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    threw money at my screen it stuck at DDE

also going to throw money for the in-game shop for some more vanity items like dyes and such

woot! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    So try to convince me as to why I should get the digital deluxe edition. I want to hear your feedback on what you are getting!
    I love how it seems everyone besides me (and maybe one other hard to tell from his post) totally missed your question and just figured it was a "what are you getting?" thread... So far it seems everyone is just giving "this is what I got" and not the "for this reason" for or against the other edition(s) in reply to your "try to convince me why I should get the DDE".

Deleted
    I really wanted CE because of the statue but it's not worth freaking 150$. I also heard somewhere that you will be able to get mini pet from the store? Can anyone confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post
    I really wanted CE because of the statue but it's not worth freaking 150$. I also heard somewhere that you will be able to get mini pet from the store? Can anyone confirm this?
    Sine the store is under NDA it's hard to say, but if you go to the right places you can find your answer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post
    It's not only the statue that comes with the CE. It's an artbook with over 100 pages, a CD with Guild Wars 2 music, a artframe with 5 pictures from Guild Wars 2 concept arts to put inside, and of course the game itself with the digital items, and of course you get the Rytlock statue which is 1/7 scale I think. And of course that cool looking metalbox where some of the stuff will come in.

That's worth 150$ imo.

The minipet will -probably- not appear in the cashshop afterwards since it's exclusive to the CE, since it will be something nostalgic in the future to put up and show that you bought the original Guild Wars 2 CE, or the Digital Deluxe edition, however, don't trust too much of what you hear and read, but for me myself I don't think it will appear in the cashshop, but other kind of minipets will.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-04-20 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    The minipet will -probably- not appear in the cashshop afterwards since it's exclusive to the CE
    It also comes with the DD, and people that purchased the SE will be able to upgrade to the DD after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It also comes with the DD, and people that purchased the SE will be able to upgrade to the DD after release.
    True that, should edit my post.

I went with the DDE for three reasons.

One) The CE was sold out everywhere before I could get it, otherwise I would have gotten it.

Two) The standard edition could only be purchased in-store and there was a lot of chaos and confusion about the prepurchase codes in Canada. Also, I would have spent anywhere from $5-$10 on bus fare to pick up the box, plus pay 12% tax. So the standard edition would have been only slightly cheaper (or the same price) as the DDE without the goodies and way more hassle.

Three) Rytlock miniature. And to a lesser extent, the elite skill.

But I do wish I could have gotten the CE. Unfortunately there just weren't enough to go around and most places sold out within hours. Plus all three EB's in my city opened at 10am and I had work at 10:30am and no time to go to any of the stores before work. I'd have gladly paid an extra $70 for a Rytlock statue, art/making-of book, prints and frame, tin, and CD, though.