Asia-Pacific Transfers Non-sense

So I loved the Old Republic and this issue just came up and I would like you guys to hear another example of how ridiculous Bioware can be. I live in Honolulu and play with a couple friends from Guam and we raided with a mostly Australian group. We all planned on transferring to the new servers together but sure enough the transfers came up and there was nothing for us. I sent an email to customer support about how I don't even think you can get more "Pacific" than Guam and even moreso Hawaii and their response was just "sorry but you can pay to do so soon!" So I canceled my account as the Guam guys quit over this and now everyone I knew in-game is gone. To me that's utter crap.

I decided I'd give Bioware a chance so I called customer support. I got a guy on the phone and told him the situation and said if my characters were transferred I would resubscribe right now. He said he would have his supervisor check if this was possible. He came back and cited that I got an email saying I was ineligible for the transfer and I said I know which is why I tried calling. He said that would be handled by another department, so I asked if I could talk to that department and he said sure. So I went back on hold and then the same guy comes back and says that his supervisory thoroughly reviewed my account and that the transfer was just not something they were willing to do at this time. I said, "A simple transfer issue is worth losing a customer over?" He replied, "In this case it is sir, I'm sorry," and ended the call at that.

So long Bioware! Such a shame as I really liked this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the issue at hand is simply that they cannot transfer your account because you are ineligible. They stated specifically whom will qualify for it. Yes it may suck but its just their decision on who to transfer first. If they make an exception for you, then more people will want exceptions made for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Well the issue at hand is simply that they cannot transfer your account because you are ineligible. They stated specifically whom will qualify for it. Yes it may suck but its just their decision on who to transfer first. If they make an exception for you, then more people will want exceptions made for them.
    The tiny islands in the Pacific I doubt make up a significant subscriber base for such requests to clog up their departments. And who says all of them even want to move? I just want the choice to stay or go because we're more in tune with that side of the world than the mainland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    The tiny islands in the Pacific I doubt make up a significant subscriber base for such requests to clog up their departments. And who says all of them even want to move? I just want the choice to stay or go because we're more in tune with that side of the world than the mainland.
    Hey, I am with you on this one. I am just trying to look at it from their viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get not letting the Guam folks do it, since they're way on the other side of the planet, but Hawaii is always considered part of North America for this kind of stuff.

We have issues with Aussie friends that rolled US with the rest of us Aussies after the deadline (they were late starters) and they can't transfer off when we want to. Hopefully resolved soon.

I hear you OP...but if you really loved the game as much as you say...you would still be subbed

why would you continue to pay for something that consistently spits in your face.. no matter how much you love it, thats not even a reasonable reply...

Yeah, I found the customer support service less than ideal too when I tried to make contact. Quit the game a month into it as a result. Such a shame really, I had high hopes for the game.

I know it sucks that the aussies left to their own servers. Theres like 2 servers during off hours thats not light and they are only standard. As i'm someone from guam, i'm suprised youd transfer to their servers. I get such horrible ping to the aussie servers, like 500+ ping. The us servers gives me 100 ping, which is suprisingly good , considering i get 200-300 in wow. Alas i unsubbed too but for other reasons. But i will agree, for a mega company like bioware, they sure are slow in releasing convenient things like server transfers and releasing a title that looks like it should have been released in 2000, because its 2012 and it doesnt even have the basic things in mmos nowadays and we all have to wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I don't really get not letting the Guam folks do it, since they're way on the other side of the planet, but Hawaii is always considered part of North America for this kind of stuff.
    Which is honestly sort of silly since Hawaii is far closer to Australia than the US... For purposes of servers and stuff they really should not be part of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Which is honestly sort of silly since Hawaii is far closer to Australia than the US... For purposes of servers and stuff they really should not be part of North America.
    Wrong, not calling you out but Hawaii is around 2000miles/3200km closer to the US than Aus. So it's kinda obvious why it's not grouped as asia pacific.

That being said OP, I have no idea why paid transfers arn't open yet if you have a preferred server. Poor form from bioware.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-04-20 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Wrong, not calling you out but Hawaii is around 2000miles/3200km closer to the US than Aus. So it's kinda obvious why it's not grouped as asia pacific.

That being said OP, I have no idea why paid transfers arn't open yet if you have a preferred server. Poor form from bioware.
    They said paid transfers would be coming. They were more worried about the Oceanic servers due to various reasons. They said that is the first step in character transfers so just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    well see here is the other-side of the issue. OK so yea its Asia specific and some areas are not "EXACTLY" asia specific like where you live, SO if BW goes ahead and gives you your transfer then some other joe-shmoe on your same area heres bout it and says HEY i want my xfer too.

All of a sudden you will see MASSIVE cries going out about how BW is letting areas OUTSIDE of the Asia area that they were targeting get xfers and EVERYBODY will cry

If i get no xfer you lose a sub. So you see in BWs eye it is a short-term loss for a long-trem gain. Yea it sucks that you and your friends couldnt xfer but ss Fore said if they let the few get is they will have to let the masses have it too.