Thread: Vanilla pvp FTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You didnt need a large PvP guild to 'feed you hks.' All you needed was a good rep and vent.
    let me clarify, on my server since this was pre-cross server BG's there was pretty much 4 guilds 2 horde 2 alliance and they would pretty much play on whomever had the most HKs for the week then BG 24/7 on him the remainder of the week.

The old rating system was terrible, and nothing more then a grind, the most skill you needed was to play high school politics with the server's farming group.

Deleted
    It was fun up to the point you couldn't get any more ranks due to not having time to play 12 hours a day, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blegh, classic pvp was terrible. People could get oneshot and the ranking was also terrible. I mean, you had to keep your HKs up each week to stay the same rank.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

15+ Year Old Account
    the old PvP was awesome.
    One outdoor pvp gank could bring a massive world conflict (Tarren mill especially, if ya know what i mean :])
    It was fun hehe
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Classic PVP as a hunter:

Shadowmeld
    Aimed Shot [did not break until shot was cast]
    Target at 35%, if not dead.
    If alive: drop trap, arcane, multi shot.
    Run back.
    Aimed shot.

That's about it.

One shotting or getting one shot was not fun. Anyone who thinks it was is now a twink low level that complains on the forums about low level imbalances. Only the people that were bad at max level pvp do that low level twinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    i miss it fucking much . i lost my old acount wich i had a hunter level 49 who i only did bgs on :P
    ... are you me? same exact thing i did plus i lost my account with the 49 hunter

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want AV's lasting for hours and days again :-(

Ohh! I want Dishonorable Kills! Gawd I hated it when I got my first DK due to my stupid weapon being "chance on hit: Spread disease in a 10 yard raidius"

Quote Originally Posted by Mossad View Post
    Just thought i'd get some peoples opinion on something i just thought of.

Does anyone remember the Vanilla ranking system in pvp. Private -> Corporal-> .. etc.

Based around playing actual BGs and getting HK's. None of this rating Bulsh*t. I for one loved it, you didn't really need to be part of a team, you could just stop leveling at each *9 ( 19,29,39...) and chillax killing horde (or alliance) for a bit.

It seems to me that nowadays, everything is team based and slightly veering more towards the hardcore side of players/teams.

So basically in conclusion, I wouldn't mind something like this introduced again, obviously keeping the rating systems for the more team players amoungst us. Possibly the officers lounge again, you know, to make us feel special .

I haven't really looked into this at all, it was just a thought i had a minute ago when reading through someones account of old AV when it was actually PVP not PVE and HKs meant something. Because now HK's mean nothing apart from possibly another 10 achievement points for you grinders out there.

Thoughts please . Try not to hate though.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 12:54 AM ----------

Oh i was a hunter in vanilla, incase other classes never really got to *chillax* in a battleground

Just putting this out there.

You must've been pretty low on the rank totem pole, since it was basically IMPOSSIBLE to get to the higher rankings without a dedicated team and it was even MORE IMPOSSIBLE to reach GM or HW without teamwork since there was only one per week...or other week Iirc.

And even moreso, the grind ot get to those ranks so burn't out people that I know 3 GM on my old server (Stormrage EU) that quit for almost a year after attaining said ranking.

It was that insane. Think back to the South Park WoW episode. Right, that was about right for pvpers aiming for the top ranks. I don't think in their right mind wants that back, and with all the "I have a life so I can't spend an hour to do a dungeon" BS, I doubt it'd catch back on.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post

Ohh! I want Dishonorable Kills! Gawd I hated it when I got my first DK due to my stupid weapon being "chance on hit: Spread disease in a 10 yard raidius"

This I could get behind since those were fun as hell. UNfortunately the only way to do that would be to implement some pve mechanics in. And that'd have the people that only pvp foaming at the mouth...again.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Not true on thrall a handful of those level 70 twinks are gladiator's or 2200 players on their mains. I don't understand why they like low level pvp at all really but to each their own. I know blazewun(don't remember his name completely) beats level 85 on his 80 mage. He suppose to be a glad on two classes disc priest mage and 2200 on his feral or something like that.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing a rating system put back in, but for the love of god, just make it a title or something, tying it to gear was quite possibly the stupidest thing. The good get better and the worse get stuck at the bottom as they can't beat the better people who now also have the advantage of better gear? No thank you.

You'd also very definitely have to have some kind of match-making system, well, one more strict than the current anyway. A rating system with the present random BG implementation would be awful, wouldn't be much fun trying to get your rank up with completely randomized teams. End up with seven healers in WSG? I hope the few DPS you got are good! End up with no healers? I hope your DPS have brains!
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post

dishonorable kills was plain stupid.

why would gain a dk if you killed a innkeeper of the enemy.
    its a WAR out there. if you could kill the enemy do it by any means. soldier or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossad View Post
    Might add an AV poll in, see if it gets enough interest for blizzard to actually take some of the PVE element out of it, make it more a HK based BG again. Same with isle of conquest, im sick of BGs ending in 5 mins because 60 people have rushed the end boss. It's obviously not how blizzard meant for it to work, however they've done pretty much nothing to rectify the situation.
    you want to get the long time AV battles back by taking PVE elements out of AV? and make it a HK based BG again? you lost me right there

so guards, riding warrios and the icelord, were PVP elements to you? and killing people to bring the reinforcements down is somehow more PVE oriented?

still i´m with you, kind of, i loved the long lasting AV battles
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    I miss that too, would be great to get it back.