Thread: Mass effect 3

Deleted

Mass effect 3

Hello

I was thinking of playing Mass effect 3, i watched a vid of it and it seemed pretty good. (I Haven't watched much of it since i hate spoilers, i wanna discover stuff myself.)

I was just wondering, i haven't played Mass effect 1 or 2 and also Mass effect 3 has gotten some bad critic. I'm just wondering if mass effect 3 is good enough to pick up, and will i understand anything of the game? OR do i have to play Mass effect 1 and 2 first to understand the third?

Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Hello

I was thinking of playing Mass effect 3, i watched a vid of it and it seemed pretty good. (I Haven't watched much of it since i hate spoilers, i wanna discover stuff myself.)

I was just wondering, i haven't played Mass effect 1 or 2 and also Mass effect 3 has gotten some bad critic. I'm just wondering if mass effect 3 is good enough to pick up, and will i understand anything of the game? OR do i have to play Mass effect 1 and 2 first to understand the third?

Thanks =)
    Play 1 and 2 first. 3 is definitely worth your time as well. 2 was my favorite in the series but 3 is still damned good.

Don't forget to import your Mass Effect 1 save into Mass Effect 2 when you start it, and then also import your Mass Effect 2 save into Mass Effect 3 when you start it.

Theirs a mega thread you can read about this somewhere. This will probably get merged with it. I had fun with it. In some ways I feel it's the best game of the series. The characters are much more fleshed out than they were in the first 2 games. They feel more alive, they actually have real personalities in this game. They did in the first two but I don't feel they were as fleshed out as they are here. It's also pretty funny. The humour in the game is great. In fact the emotion in general is overwhelming. The combat is as tuned as it's ever been in mass effect and the multi player is a blast. As for the playing the first games, they should be relatively cheap on steam but it's not really necessary. You can either download saved games from the web (Google masseffectsavedgames) or play it fresh. Fresh kinda looses out on some of the options though, so I definitely recommend getting a saved game or going back and grabbing the first two.

Out of curiosity where are the critics who gave it bad reviews? My understanding was the game had rave reviews from actual critics and not people with an axe to grind.

Deleted
    Well Mass Effect 3 has not actually got very much bad critic from critics but a vocal section of the community sure gave them hell over the ending.

I personally did not mind the ending but the last mission would of been better if it had involved more of the crew like in ME2.

I also think ME2 is better than ME3 but I also think ME2 might be the best game of all time

ME1 is showing its age a bit these days, but it does set the tone for the next two games and some of the decisions you make in ME1 that don't affect ME2 do affect ME3, and you would get a lot more background story.

Maybe you should give the ME3 demo a go and then if you think you like it you can give ME1 & 2 a go.

The reputation system in ME3 is far better than it is in ME1 & 2 especially if your playing renegade (less so if your going Paragon).

All in all ME3 is a cracking game, just a lot of people don't like the last 10 mins of an amazing 40 hour game and then think its suddenly worth a 0 on metacritic

Can't please everyone I guess!