Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddolf View Post
    Can someone explain to me why beta versions of games have to have their own client...I mean I have the install file for the real version of D3, why not let me install that and just put up the beta server to connect to?
    Pre-release live client's data is currently encrypted and won't be unlocked until May 15th ish.

We also don't have any idea what it's file structure is given it won't let you install it. So we don't even know what bits of it can or cannot be modified to connect to the beta servers until the encryption key gets unlocked. And that's on Blizzard's servers.

Also Beta only has Act 1 while the pre-release client has all the data for all Acts in it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Anyone know if we download the beta client of D3 or the full client?
    You download the beta client since the full client you get for pre-ordering is encrypted and won't be unlocked until nearer release.

oh look, more condescension from blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    hoooray, time to check da game!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know who will distribute the loot when a group of 100 players killed a world boss? Keeping in mind they are not in the same raid ? Whoever gets a killing blow or what ?

It would be nice if everyone got an item in that situation.. I mean if it takes 100 players to down a boss, there should be at least some reward for taking part.

12:01 p.m. PDT is what time here down in europe? especially berlin

Blizzard always on top of their business, release D3 Open Beta to attract players away from playing TERA Online's Open Beta, who is also this weekend.

downloaded the beta earlier for D3 but when I try to login I get the error "no licence attached" any idea`s?
    Thinking its maybe because the open beta hasnt gone live here yet (Im in england)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    12:01 p.m. PDT is what time here down in europe? especially berlin
    That should be 21.01 today. Sweden GMT+1, though.. Find Berlin
    Quick google: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Quote Originally Posted by SpNiz View Post
    That should be 21.01 today.
    Quick google: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
    perfect thank you

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    It would be nice if everyone got an item in that situation.. I mean if it takes 100 players to down a boss, there should be at least some reward for taking part.
    it seems to me that the only option they have is to force people to be in raid, otherwise you wont be able to loot anything. but one raid is 40 people? and it seems to me we are gonna need 2-3 raids of 40 people. its still unclear how loot is gonna be distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    There is only one version, you switch servers on log in screen.
    I downloaded like 3GBs, doubt that it's full game.
    It's only until Skeleton King I guess, the original game is like 7.7GB(or so I had to Download)

Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    downloaded the beta earlier for D3 but when I try to login I get the error "no licence attached" any idea`s?
    Thinking its maybe because the open beta hasnt gone live here yet (Im in england)
    All times are usually always announced as US times when it concerns both EU and US. So quick google "PDT" reveals a lot

Servers open at 21:01 Server time in EU

how big is the download? it says i need 15 gigs of free space..........i have shitty internets, if its that big, i'd miss the whole beta weekend -_-

For the ppl asking about loot distribution on world bosses - the raid grp which tags the boss gets the loot. Though this will be a case of more raids trying to snatch the boss before the other 1, not because more then 1 grp will be needed. on beta they used so many ppl because they are lvl 85. Do you really think a bos will be designed for ...a 100 players or something ridiculous like that? nope. will be 25 in my opinion (ofc u can fill a full raid of 40)

Deleted
    Nice move to put D3 open beta at the same time as guild wars 2 beta weekend. Blizzard continues to amaze with their marketing skills!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Nice move to put D3 open beta at the same time as guild wars 2 beta weekend. Blizzard continues to amaze with their marketing skills!
    Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend is 27-29 April...
    Diablo 3 Stress Test Weekend is 20-23 April...

Do the Math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casters/Healers, can use staves again?

This train wreck, is so hard to follow aymore...

how many hours till we can access the beta ?
    i downloaded thru my battle.net > diablo 3 > download client. around 8gb download when it was done i click on install and it says "the fire from the sky still falls. d3 not yet launched"
    what am i doing wrong ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Casters/Healers, can use staves again?

This train wreck, is so hard to follow aymore...
    Except they never changed it? They only removed the wands as a ranged weapon and converted them to main-hand options for mages, priests and warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    how many hours till we can access the beta ?
    i downloaded thru my battle.net > diablo 3 > download client. around 8gb download when it was done i click on install and it says "the fire from the sky still falls. d3 not yet launched"
    what am i doing wrong ? :/
    You're not supposed to download the game client, you're supposed to download the beta client, like the post you're replying to said :P

Here:
    https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml
    https://eu.battle.net/account/download/index.xml