*Blank* runs away in fear!

What do I do in the situation where a trash mob runs away in a dungeon and my pet follows, pulling a bunch of additional mobs as he follows? This is something I've yet to find a solution and it's really annoying.

Call your pet back?

passive stance and command it to attack what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Call your pet back?
    the additional mobs will be pulled by the one that is running away anyway, it's not fault of the pet..

Call pet back to save it from death, since the mobs will pull from the fleeing mob either way.

The mob is what is pulling the adds, for one. But you can always make a macro that has the /petattack command in it, so if you want it to attack a target that ISN'T running away in fear, you can immediately do so with a hotkey or so forth. You can also simply recall your pet by putting it on passive, so that it won't attack again unless you tell it to. I would recommend killing the mob that is running away as quickly as possible, of course. Conc shot it, scatter shot, etc. also would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrelbomb View Post
    and my pet follows, pulling a bunch of additional mobs as he follows?
    the additional mobs will be pulled by the one that is running away anyway, it's not fault of the pet..
    lil contradiction there

If its not your pet's fault, then its not your fault. Your only solution is to zerg the mob asap, or feign death and watch the group try to kill it.

If you cant kill the mob in time, try using distracting shot. Not sure if the mob would actually attack you in this situation as its "running in fear", but its worth a shot. After that you could kill it or even feign death if it gets in your melee range.

Deleted
    CTRL+2, CTRL+2, CTRL+2, CTRL+2

Keep an eye on your pet, spam if you fear your pet might pull (or assist in the pull).

Shift W - /petassist /petattack
    Shift S - /petpassive /petfollow

Works wonders.

Thanks everyone. Does the mob running away really pull the others? I didn't know that. In that case, I don't feel so bad.

Deleted
    Mobs still do it? I can't remember seeing mob flee away for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by chevvy View Post
    lil contradiction there

If its not your pet's fault, then its not your fault. Your only solution is to zerg the mob asap, or feign death and watch the group try to kill it.
    I didn't post the second thing, haha

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Mobs still do it? I can't remember seeing mob flee away for ages.
    I think its humanoids that usually do it.

Yeah typically only humanoid mobs will ever run in fear, and then only sometimes will they pull addition mobs they may run past. They only do this when they're nearly dead though, which should be sub 20% health. Kill shot works wonders here, beyond that hotkey /petfollow and/or petpassive.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone. Does the mob running away really pull the others? I didn't know that. In that case, I don't feel so bad.
    yes it does.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga