Last Talent Point in Disc

Lvl 85, I can put my point in darkness, empowered healing, devine fury, or inspiration. I really want the points in darkness and inspiration. But im open to suggestions.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

fill out inspiration.

I have that filled out, i just dont know about if it should be 2/3 darkness, or 2/3 something else in holy.

edit* i think im just going to go 2/3 in darkness, I love the haste, but i respec'd and my gheal is the same cast time with 2 and 3 points.
    Last edited by tomehere; 2012-04-21 at 08:11 AM.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

Deleted
    Depends on fight. If VS gives you an extra fiend, or a fiend at a more beneficial time then take that talent (fights for VS that come to mind are Zon'ozz / Warmaster / Spine), otherwise take darkness.

You could drop IS/ToT/SoS & get atonement too, it's up to you.

Deleted
    I use all the talents you mentioned. We don't know which build you're using now, so maybe it's worth posting it? I'm curious where you've spent your talents if you haven't used them in the holy tree and/or shadow tree already.

Anyway, on my priest I use an AA/A spec including the talents you mention: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcoMochMZb
    Last edited by mmoc416153d144; 2012-04-21 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    He's using standard SoS spec elleanor, it's in his signature. No doubt he probably went & checked EJ or somewhere after making this thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    He's using standard SoS spec elleanor, it's in his signature. No doubt he probably went & checked EJ or somewhere after making this thread
    Seeing he's got talents in all 4 I think you're right =)

Deleted
    Oh, try get glyph of PW:B too instead of flash heal

looking at your ilvl i assume you will be doing only lfr and 5 m ans on this for a moment.

for those you dont need inspiration, better take 1 more point in darkness or even veiled shadows, as on this level of gear you might have mana issues,.

you also dont need glyph of barrier for lfr nor for 5 mans, consider taking penance glyph instead of flash heal glyph.

Deleted
    Considering the tank takes most of the damage in 5mans, me thinks not taking inspiration is going to cause him more mana problems than anything else in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    looking at your ilvl i assume you will be doing only lfr and 5 m ans on this for a moment.

for those you dont need inspiration
    Inspiration imo is worthless for LFR but great in a 5 man. The only real question should be Darkness vs VS.

Why Maw with an AA spec? :>

why not maw with an AA spec?

Please elaborate. Hard to make up 7% throughput with the stats on vagaries or scalpel. more like 3-4% for those two in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Why Maw with an AA spec? :>
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post

I dont understand this question one bit. (/agree with zakaluka)

Deleted
    Maw procs on atonement heals, so why not ?

I went from LFR Maw (5% free healing) to Normal Maw and yea ~8% free AoE healing aint bad to have while smiting Ultraxion or any other boss for that matter. Still used my LFR Maw over Vageries or Scalpel on all fights.

While inspiration might worthless for LFR, its usefull for all the others things he might do/
    I would still spec it when gearing up as ur mainly doing 5-mans, and if u happen to find a DS10 normal pug or alt run u dont have to respec for those 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post

Please elaborate. Hard to make up 7% throughput with the stats on vagaries or scalpel. more like 3-4% for those two in most cases.
    The difference Maw makes is pretty big indeed, but the point of an AA spec is not to do some random spread AoE healing. It's mainly to land some big constant heals on the tank or on melee taking sudden damage. Spreading some 2k healing from time to time that probably is overhealing in a 25man raid instead of increasing your heals with crit and mastery or what not .
    Hopefully every other healer in the raid have it before her, then I might see a point of taking it. But otherwise it's way better to give it to any other healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the healing smite/holy fire does i just like the 15% healing for the burst phases

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    The difference Maw makes is pretty big indeed, but the point of an AA spec is not to do some random spread AoE healing. It's mainly to land some big constant heals on the tank or on melee taking sudden damage. Spreading some 2k healing from time to time that probably is overhealing in a 25man raid instead of increasing your heals with crit and mastery or what not .
    Hopefully every other healer in the raid have it before her, then I might see a point of taking it. But otherwise it's way better to give it to any other healer.
    I don't see what this has anything to do with whether to pick AA or not. Disc might not be the best spec for Maw, but Maw is still the best weapon for Disc and there's nothing to doubt about that. Secondary stats for Disc are just aren't meaningful compared to what Maw's proc can do. And AA is not that big of a difference from non-AA Disc. The advantage is that you get an extra cooldown at the cost of Holyfire-ing every couple seconds, but that's it really. This has nothing to do with what your assignment/role in the raid is.