Family Guy Online (FGO)

Hey I don't know if anyone has heard of the game but Family Guy Online has just been released into Open (sort of) beta ! It's sort of an MMORPG (MMOLOL actually) and it's controls are really similar to a MMO .

It's online so you can talk to other people , get quests , level up etc.

It's got many cut scenes and most of the quests are based on the actual series and events that happened in it .

That's just a quick video I've made of it and I know my mic is really bad

Deleted

haha

lol wtf cool graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Tsychedelic View Post
    lol wtf cool graphics
    Not sure if serious but I really like the graphics for some reason They have cartoon-ish feel

I played a bit of it, the controls didn't feel very responsive.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I played a bit of it, the controls didn't feel very responsive.
    They were pretty good imo . It's still 2nd day of open beta though so we can expect better I guess

Deleted
    My Browser would crash so hard playing the beta of this I could hear it scream- and the controls feel a little square and unresponsive

i didnt even know this existed, is there a link anywhere so i can try the open beta?

i must play this!

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world....? First I've ever heard of this. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by shnoz View Post
    i didnt even know this existed, is there a link anywhere so i can try the open beta?
    http://www.familyguyonline.com

Ah, I heard about this before. Thanks for making a video of it, I was really curious about the gameplay.

I kind of like the graphics (cel shading?), it really keeps the feel of the cartoon itself. And it's just a nice change of pace from most games. It's just kind of like eye candy to me.

As for the gameplay... seems like something I'd get bored of pretty quickly. And I think being browser based is a mistake. For one, people use so many different browsers than ensuring it runs well on all browsers seems like it'd be a pain. Plus... things run slow on browsers.

I don't know how your system is, though, but it seemed to run well for you. So maybe they optimized well?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Ah, I heard about this before. Thanks for making a video of it, I was really curious about the gameplay.

I kind of like the graphics (cel shading?), it really keeps the feel of the cartoon itself. And it's just a nice change of pace from most games. It's just kind of like eye candy to me.

As for the gameplay... seems like something I'd get bored of pretty quickly. And I think being browser based is a mistake. For one, people use so many different browsers than ensuring it runs well on all browsers seems like it'd be a pain. Plus... things run slow on browsers.

I don't know how your system is, though, but it seemed to run well for you. So maybe they optimized well?
    It was pretty good for me actually . It was slightly buggy and I don't really like how it's browser based but oh well .
    The gameplay wasn't as bad as I thought . Going well into the questline you have much better/cooler quests that include killing stuff and all . I don't know how it's gonna work out at higher levels (still level 6) or if they're making servers for the amount of people that will join .

And I'm playing on a laptop with 3gb RAM and a really bad graphics card so

Deleted
    it says open beta, but even with that beta key thing they got after 1 week i stopped trying. Failure to present in my books

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    it says open beta, but even with that beta key thing they got after 1 week i stopped trying. Failure to present in my books
    Yea they probably don't want people making 2 billion accounts on the same IP I guess but oh well .

And I was signed from the first day the actually website got released and entered the second day of open beta :/

Ive personally had a lot of fun with it so far, been cool to go into the family guy universe, lol. currently level 12.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 06:35 PM ----------

Also, if you're looking for guides for the quest locations or collections or the games "quick-pops", check out FGOGuide.com they have all kinds of stuff there for it.