Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes, he just told you what it was and he's right
    Read what I put in bold from his post, that is 100% inaccurate unless he's talking about nothing more than open beta, in which case, the OPs situation may still be ridiculous, but open beta has more or less always been a "demo" and i use "" for a reason, because although its for last minute testing, its also there for people to see what the final product will be closest to.

To say that a Beta is near completion is completely false. Its when a massive amount of the work is done able to be played, but can still be far off from completion. Look at MoP for a great example, there is no way in hell this game is close to being ready, it still needs several months of testing, maybe longer if the testing is not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Antarias View Post
    With just over 3 weeks left, this is no more time for blizz to test (even if they needed it). We all know by now that they've been balancing the game for months (the developer diary tell us this).
    This weekends test is about the infrastucture around the game, not the game itself.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Read what I put in bold from his post, that is 100% inaccurate unless he's talking about nothing more than open beta, in which case, the OPs situation may still be ridiculous, but open beta has more or less always been a "demo" and i use "" for a reason, because although its for last minute testing, its also there for people to see what the final product will be closest to.

To say that a Beta is near completion is completely false. Its when a massive amount of the work is done able to be played, but can still be far off from completion. Look at MoP for a great example, there is no way in hell this game is close to being ready, it still needs several months of testing, maybe longer if the testing is not quality.
    What he meant is that most storyboarding, quest text, animations, models, and landscapes are usually nearing their last renditions by the time even a closed beta rolls around. Beta testing always has been about ironing out bugs, balancing problems, testing servers and client stability, and spotting glitches during in-game play that the development team can't always spot when adding lines of code.

Blizzard already has most of what they want to do with MoP on file, they've got the raids, dungeons, armor sets (at least a vague idea), in-game features, and all of the other events of an expansion already mapped out by time beta begins. The duration of the beta will be adding tooltips, changing variables for balance, removing the 'lulz' abilities and things the devs put in during development, and polishing all of the triggers, animations, and quests.

So yes, he was completely right in saying the majority of development is done by beta. No ground-breaking changes are made during this time (usually).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can try again for all of that on the 15th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    it still needs several months of testing, maybe longer if the testing is not quality.
    Several months is nothing. Maybe you should try create a computer game.