Poll: Ideal Raid Size or Raid Sizes Combination!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novead View Post
    While 15 people raids sounds quite sweet, why would that be a good solution to those who want to keep 25 man raids? Wouldn't having only 15 be almost equally bad as having only 10?

The way things are right now, it is not a matter of why it would have been good choice.
    It is more about how many do have the choice still to do 25s and how likely is that to change to the better in the forseeable future.
    I am not in favor of 10/25 due to the huge problems this “odd” selection of raid sizes brought over the past 3 expansions.

1) Upsizing managerial problems mainly in TBC
    2) Downsizing managerial problems mainly in Wrath for the 25s to also do 10 man progress (and drama from those that were left out).
    3) All shorts of problems with the “equalized” model of “choice” in Cataclysm.

My preference lies clearly into having separate content with 2 sizes available, or shared content but with separate achievements, and with a size combination that ensures “direct scaling”, such as 10/20, 12/24, 15/30.
    My favorite, and the one I voted for is 12/24. It is the closest to 10/25 and has a huge array of improvements over 10/25.

1) Core groups of 6, that allow dungeons with 1/1/4 setup, increasing the number of dpsers in a dungeon group, shortening queues and bring the % of dps in dungeons, closer to the % of dps in raids.
    2) Direct scaling from small to large group and from large to small raid group.
    a) You work with 2 small groups and then you re ready to swap to large raid group, not as it is now that you have those odd 5 people still missing.
    b) You want to raid the small size, and you dont have to sit people out to go for 2 groups (25=2,5 10 people raids)
    3) Direct scaling to loot. Thus you don't need to have issues with smaller amount of tiers per person in 25 and smaller amount of normal items per person for 10.
    4) Better setup for the smaller size, more space for pure dps classes representation in small raid size, better scaling of the same fights in small and large group for easier and better balancing.
    5) Shorter queues in dungeon finder, and with a 5 healers requirement, the same goes also for LFR.
    6) Option for full class representation in MoP, with monk added 10s are not possible to have all classes in a raid, smt that was never the case for a “raid” group till now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    18 man would be my ideal size because that's all that have been showing up for raids for the last 2 weeks due to graduations and finals.
    18 man would be a quite agreeable number to me as well, but not for reasons related to how many people we have available lately for raiding
    They re hiding in Diablo 3!!! Who cares about exams

Overall, single size to me is a compromise, but again if you ask me if I prefer 10vs25 from any of 15, 18, 20 single size my answer would be flat out, single size!

10vs25 will continue to kill raiding for MoP.
    For that reason 10vs25 should die instead and start fresh!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-05-30 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Despite voting for 15 man, I don't care what raid size we have as long as there is only one. Blizzard is now wasting time they could be using on making better content to balance 10 and 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    Despite voting for 15 man, I don't care what raid size we have as long as there is only one. Blizzard is now wasting time they could be using on making better content to balance 10 and 25 man.
    That's how I've felt. I just want one raid size, and if 15 mans are the only number folks will compromise on it, then fine. It just sucks to see the community so divided over the 10 vs 25 man thing, and yeah, they'd be able to devote more time to development instead of balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    That's how I've felt. I just want one raid size, and if 15 mans are the only number folks will compromise on it, then fine. It just sucks to see the community so divided over the 10 vs 25 man thing, and yeah, they'd be able to devote more time to development instead of balancing.
    QFT
    The situation isnt getting any better over time.
    The temp hype for Diablo III and the fact that the expansion is close to it's end, helped so that things now are a bit more quiet.
    If this system makes it to MoP though. The same thing will happen all over again.

I am just coming from some fast reading of the mega thread "Blizzard will let 25s die?" and it is the same story, over and over again.

1) People that prefer 25 complaining for having to raid 10
    2) People that still do 25 but have troubles, complaining that 10 have advandages hard to compete with
    3) People from top 25, ignoring the fact that they are 1% of the raiders and 0,1% of the playerbase, logging in to theorycraft and it boils down to the "i did both 25 and 10 prenerf"
    4) People that raid 10 and prefer it, bashing against people from group 1 and group 2 for complaining, and talking about "majority" that has chosen 10.

Useless waist of energy, i didn't bother to post anything this time.
    The point is to change this noncense, once and for all!
    With one size
    1) We have the ultimate balance
    2) Community is not divided
    3) Company can bring better quality content designed for the SPECIFIC size and more content as well!

With 15 people
    1) We have the larger posible % of people agreeing that it is an optimum size
    2) We don't have winners or losers, the one size is not 10 and is not 25.
    3) It makes for a great setup unlike 10, and it is not as chaotic as a 25 (for teams that are not after world first)

The important thing is for the company to be bold and proceed to the change.
    Not to be bold only about bringing the pandas and the pokemon battles!

10+ Year Old Account
    There should only be one raid size, 20 is a good number imo.