10+ Year Old Account

The biggest losser MMO champ eddtion Weight Loss Support and help journal.

Hi I just thourt this could be a good idea after reading about a fallow user was overweight like me. That this can be a topic about our goals and what we plain on losing and our working out. And diets and any time well feel it’s too hard come here for support or just pop in for a chat. Come here and use it as a journal of what you eaten to keep track and what you done today. It’s been shown that you will losses twice as much weight if you do it with someone else and we are all friends here as i see it so we can keep each other on track. So if you looking for a parter or a chat or just to see what I or other had done come in and have fun and good luck.

Hi am Lioneil (Deanie) I live in Australia and am over weight i way 109 kilos or 239.8 pounds. I am 26 years old and am 5 10 foot tall I plain on loosing 20 to 30 kilos.
    I started out at under 80 kilos so under 175 pounds when i was in school/collage After losing my part time job and hard to find a nether one. I started to use the inter on forums and playing more video games Then a friend showed me runescape. And after playing that for 3 years. My same friend and I move on to wow he lives in the USA I meet him online I do have a few real life friends I don’t see to often and some moves away. So not having many people here what I normally do is wake up around 9 am or 10am and get my baby nephew. We have full time care of some breakfast then my mom and the family then i have breakfast of some cereal like 2 weet bix. And a coffee if i don’t have anything else to do i normally play wow for a few hours then get to make a fast unhealthy lunch or just eat junk foods or don’t eat at all when every. Comes home in the afternoon i get up to make a quick healthy dinner or just get fast food. And go back to wow and TV or something else on the internet. So doing nothing but playing wow has put me here so now am trying to change playing less and doing more working out and eating healthy and maybe try to meet that rare and hardly seen girl as i ant had a serious girl friend in years.

What I been doing the past few days is waking up working out for 10 to 15 mins then have breakfast. If you do a small work out here you get your body up and your heart pumping and burn more calories in the day. and then I play wow for a little bit then having a healthy lunch of salad or vegetables’ or brown bread sandwich. Drinking lots of water and then going for a walk for 20 mins. Then having a snack like an apple or a banana and fruits and nuts trail mix sometimes. and for diner I have half my normal serving and add more vegetables’ and sometimes a salad and having low fat or lean meats.
    I plain on doing more walking and maybe joining a gym and eating more healthy cutting out more junk food. I check back in on how am doing as I go along good luck everybody.
    Last edited by Lioneil; 2012-04-20 at 03:05 PM.
    Mage: Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t “Blink.”
    Game play videos News and just plain randomness check out
    Lio's Random Gaming
    my Facebook page My twitter

Deleted
    Epic thread is epic. Good luck with your weight loss program. I also suggest to revisit an educational institute while you make life-changing plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmIthereYet View Post
    You could have worked out instead of typing this thread
    typing this was a work out and as i said if you have support when doing it you more liking to lose twice as much wieght
    Mage: Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t “Blink.”
    Lio's Random Gaming

You should probably work on that spelling of yours!

Good for you mate. I wish you all the best. Just cut out the starchy white carbs and junk food and you're golden.

It's good that you are doing something about it, best of luck. I need to get off my own arse and do something but the only time I get stuff done is when servers are down. :/

A few keys I have learned.

First always eat breakfast. It helps to get your metabolism started. I recommend something like oatmeal (just avoid adding fats and lots of sugars). To sweeten it you can add a little honey and plenty of fruit.

Plenty of sleep. They have a found a distinct correlation between sleep and weight gain/loss. Those who get plenty of sleep every night are much less likely to gain weight and it can improve weight loss.

Eat healthy. Honestly this should be quite obvious. Grilled poultry/fish (red meat and pork only in extreme moderation), tons of veggies (especially leafy greens) and no cheese, cream, etc. Limit your carb intake and when you eat grains only have whole grains. Personally I find the whole grain breads and such to be must tastier but that is me. One key thing to remember is that just because it is whole grain it does not mean it is healthy. You need to check calories and fat content as well. READ LABELS ON FOOD!!!!

Exercise. Any form of exercise is helpful. Even small bits of exercise can be beneficial. If you work in an office it is recommended that you get up and move around for at least a minute or two every hour. I know this is not enough to elevate your heart rate, but has been proven to help.

Drink plenty of water. Avoid diet soda's as there is some evidence that they might slow down your metabolism. This is not conclusive yet, but why take the chance. Losing weight is hard enough so don't make it more difficult then you have to. Also avoid alcohol. It is just empty calories. You don't need to drink. Honestly I would say cut it out all together, but if you can't dramatically cut your intake. Do this for the same reason you should leave out soda, why make your job of losing weight harder.

Over the past 2 months by doing the above things I have losts 20lbs (I just hit 20lbs when I weighed myself this morning, really happy and excited about it!!). One thing I recommend for dinner is grilled chicken and cutting it up on a salad. You can determine different marinades and spices for the chicken (plenty of good websites for recipes). If you you live in an apartment and can't grill outside, I recommend a George Forman grill. It has really made my life easier is great. Try to make your own dressings (no ranch, or other creamy ones like Caesar). One recommendation for the salad is to roast some veggies for it. I highly recommend roasting beets. Personally I can't stand beets any other way, but when roasted they become very sweet and are great on a salad.

For the exercise I have been getting up regularly while working for a minute or so and when I am waiting in queue for an instance I walk around the room until it is ready to start. I also have been taking walks in the evening (I enjoy walking when it is dark or getting there, it is just so peaceful). These are not long walks (maybe 30min or so) but they help. I do this as often as I can (try to get at least 4 days a week), but more is always better. Honestly any exercise you can do would be beneficial even you can only do 1 days a week for some reason it is better then nothing.

For sleep I would highly recommend melatonin to help you get more deep sleep. You can get this at any pharmacy and most supermarkets. It will not put you to sleep, but it helps you get into the deep sleep your body needs much quicker. Also log off your computer and turn off the TV at least 30min before you try to fall asleep. I recommend getting into bed and just reading. It will help quiet your mind down and help you sleep easier.
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2012-04-20 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to remind everyone that grammar policing is against forum rules; http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...mrules_respect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    It's good that you are doing something about it, best of luck. I need to get off my own arse and do something but the only time I get stuff done is when servers are down. :/
    Yea I can understand that or I just go do something else thats why am trying a little at a time am playing diablo 2 now but if i can walk for 30 mins or work out and eat less or cut out junk food i be fine
    Lio's Random Gaming