10+ Year Old Account

How does the pre-order from their site work

On my phone, can't really check it out due to bad wireless and long load times, but anyway, was wondering:
    Is there a way to "gift" the game through their site, or is it tied to the credit card/email used to pre purchase it? Friend of mine offered to buy it for me(birthday coming up soon), but we were both curious about this before we did it. If it matters, she doesn't live near me(in case it's tied to the computer you ordered it on).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure if your friend is in the same country as you, it's okay. All she has to do is buy the game, and then give you the code to input at register.guildwars2.com. Once you have the code and register the account as your own under your information, I think all will be fine.

The prepurchase is essentially a digital copy. You can buy the prepurchase and simply give the code to someone else, so they can register it on their account.
    Did that for my gf and it worked fine.

What you need to keep in mind is the regional restrictions. EU and US are different versions, you cannot log in to GW2 with a US version from the EU or visa versa. They said they are working on a way to convert this, but nothing is known so far. So keep this in mind.
    But if your friend is also in the US like you, it shouldnt be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, she lives here in the US. And It doesn't tie the account to whoever pre-purchased it? Alright, didn't know they did that, haven't talked with anyone who actually has yet. I'll let her know as soon as I can, and hopefully get into the beta weekend too, woo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Yeah, she lives here in the US. And It doesn't tie the account to whoever pre-purchased it? Alright, didn't know they did that, haven't talked with anyone who actually has yet. I'll let her know as soon as I can, and hopefully get into the beta weekend too, woo.
    Sounds like a plan, stan.

Enjoy and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    As long as your friend does not continue on and register a GW2 account right after purchase you should be good. After you compleat the purchase it gives you the option of regestering right away so you dont have to reenter info but you dont have to compleat that step, just need to know not to keep clicking through the pages. you could also have her use your Email during the purchaseing (for where they send the email) just to be extra sure.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pre-purchase, not a pre-order. You just buy it. You can easily put somebody else's name and e-mail there, and still put in your own credit/debit card.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.