Full set of splits in the comfort of your own home.

Could a moderator maybe ammend this to "full weight routine in own home" or something like.

Trying to work out a decent set of exercises to cover all muscle groups I can do from home on days when I can't get to the gym.

Needs to be doable with a basic weights bench, dumbells, exercise bands a chining bar and my own body weight. Intending this to be quite "accessible" so "Russian circus standing incline kettlebell pikes" should have a bit of explanation

The splits i'm after look something like this:

Day1: 3 x Chest, 2 x Biceps, 2 x Abs
    Day2: Rest
    Day3: 4 x Legs, 2 x Shoulders
    Day4: Rest
    Day5: 2 x Back, 2 x Triceps, 1 x Traps, 2 x Abs
    Day6: Rest
    Day7: Rest

I'll post idea's I had and i'll update this a bit if others have useful input.

Day 1:
    Chest: Dumbell Press (basically bench press with dumbells)
    Chest: Push-ups
    Chest: Reclined dumbell flys (lay on back, dumbell in each hand and make a cross, bring 'bells up and touch them above chest with arms straight)
    Biceps: Standing dumbell curl
    Biceps: Close grip pull ups (hands on pull-up/chinning bar about 2 inches gap between and pull up)
    Abs: Crunches (not quite a sit up, just get your shoulders off the floor while laying down)
    Abs: Leg raises (lay on back, straight legged, bring them up to verticle and back down)

Day 3:
    Don't really have a good selection for home here. The gyms obviously much better for this.
    Was thinking deep squats with the dumbells (lots) would cover quite a bit of the leg section but dumbells aren't the best for control.

Legs: Squats (weight at shoulder height, crouch down keeping bodyweight straight and weight in line with heel of feet, stand back up)
    Legs: Dumbell lunges (?) (Take dumbell in each hand and almost go down to one knee and back up)
    Legs: As above with a decent sized step (?)
    Shoulders: Seated dumbell press (sit, dumbells at shoulder height and push above head, touch and back down)
    Shoulders: Standing dumbell flys (dumbell in each hand resting on hips, raise arms till weight level with shoulders keeping arms straight then back down)

Day 5:
    With the back it's rather tricky as a lot of these are "pull down" type exercises. The chinning bar is going to get overused here of course but otherwise...

Back: Wide grip pull-ups (hands very far apart on pull-up/chinning bar and pull up)
    Back: Some form of pull down with the exercise bands. I think it will probably end up being seated using a door frame for an anchor point? Need help here.
    Triceps: Probably get up and use the exercise bands again for a tricep pull down
    Triceps: Skull crushers. (Take a heavy dumbell held in 2 hands, lay down on bench, extend arms above chest with dumbell, now lower it down towards the floor behind your head and back up.)
    Traps: Dumbell shrugs. (HEAVY dumbell in each hand and shrug (like "I dunno" kind motion but slower and more controlled))
    Abs: Crunches
    Abs: Leg raises

Improvements please.
    Would be nice to list a few more options under each.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-04-20 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.