Poll: Which voice chat program do you want for the guild?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question MMO-Champs Guild Chat Server

Some people have questioned why I created a TS server for us and it was simply because it's what I have and am use to. I'm open to trying other programs though, so I'm creating a poll to see what the majority of the guild/community wants to use so I can try to have it set up be the time the game goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://gcguild.net/movie/ventrilo-vs...peak-vs-mumble

I'm just gonna leave that there, though I don't know how old that test is.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    http://gcguild.net/movie/ventrilo-vs...peak-vs-mumble

Well TS and Mumble are practically the same, while Vent is laggy.

Also, we just discovered with my WoW guild that you can download sound tracks on TS and play them as if you were talking in your mic. Karaoke nights baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Voting for teamspeak because you already got us a teamspeak and I'm not ungrateful enough to complain about it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Voting for teamspeak because you already got us a teamspeak and I'm not ungrateful enough to complain about it. :P
    I approve of the avatar and also agree with this statement.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Wish you guys would of let me make the thread or put a poll in the MMOC Guild thread, a PM and a simple edit/post would of done it :P
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    I think its nice that some1 puts a place up were we all can talk, however im not gonna be in there, 1. dont have a working mic atm, and 2. i like to run around alone, specially when its going to be the first time in gw2 for me ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Not being ungrateful, just pointing out superior options.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the support as well as the constructive criticism; I should of gotten a consensus on which one people wanted first, but I wasn't sure how well it would work, if it would work so I just went forward to test things out. Also should of involved Allanon a bit more, since he's gone mad with power (), but hey, lets just move forward. I'm flexible so let us figure out what works best for the guild.

Deleted
    Well as long as people are actively talking (when the beta comes out at least) it should be fine regardless of server.I for one am for a good chat while playing

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Ventrilo but after going to the link DrakeWurrum provided, I'd go with Mumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, ventrilo is getting more votes then I was expecting. If anyone does change their mind about their poll choice afterwards due to some additional reading/testing, let me know and I'll mentally change the count.

Quote Originally Posted by kilcin View Post
    Man, ventrilo is getting more votes then I was expecting. If anyone does change their mind about their poll choice afterwards due to some additional reading/testing, let me know and I'll mentally change the count.
    Most people are selecting vent mainly only because they are the most familiar with it more then any other voice client, not that they think it's the best sadly :< If by going for better program, mumble pretty much wins hands down.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Most people are selecting vent mainly only because they are the most familiar with it more then any other voice client, not that they think it's the best sadly :< If by going for better program, mumble pretty much wins hands down.
    Pretty much that 100%.

Deleted
    I'd go with ts3 it works best and i like it the most :P

tbh never used mumble but vent is really bad laggy and far from user friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    I'd go with ts3 it works best and i like it the most :P

tbh never used mumble but vent is really bad laggy and far from user friendly
    I love making connections like this. ^_^

http: //gcguild. net/movie/ventrilo-vs-teamspeak-vs-mumble

Just want to point out this test was done June 1st 2010 (as per the forum discussion post to go with it), so i would take it with a grain of salt.

Most of my experiences with Mumble/TS are bad. Mostly just horrible sound quality. I can stand lag, but I can't stand heavily digitalized voices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discomoose View Post
    Just want to point out this test was done June 1st 2010 (as per the forum discussion post to go with it), so i would take it with a grain of salt.
    You're suggesting, then, that the quality of TS has gone up, while Mumble has not. Time has passed equally for all three services.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Most of my experiences with Mumble/TS are bad. Mostly just horrible sound quality. I can stand lag, but I can't stand heavily digitalized voices.
    In my experience, voices over Mumble are actually more clear than ever. Vent was always the one that made people sound "digitalized"

You're suggesting, then, that the quality of TS has gone up, while Mumble has not. Time has passed equally for all three services.
    I'm suggesting that all three programs have since had some updates, and so that comparison may not longer be correct. I haven't compared all three and so I can't say if TS3 has gotten better than mumble or not, I'm just saying that the information you provided was dated and so may not be accurate anymore. The one thing I will say, and I'm sure most people would agree on this one, is that vent is likely still the lesser of the three services.