Poll: Which voice chat program do you want for the guild?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just know that in my experience Mumble is really amazing.

The small amount of people who have said that they've had terrible experiences with it? I dunno what they did to fuck with it, but it certainly wasn't Mumble's fault. It would either be their personal settings, or else the server that it was run on was absolutely terrible. People who have had a terrible experience with Mumble are in the minority, and usually a little troubleshooting will fix their problem.

A high percentage of the time, the people I see preferring Vent, haven't tried anything else, and the people I see preferring Teamspeak... haven't tried Mumble.
    Most of the time, I don't see people comparing Teamspeak and Mumble. I see everybody trying to compare it to Ventrilo, so maybe it's fair to say that many Mumble users likewise haven't tried Teamspeak.

Mumble is still mostly unused by a majority of gamers, and I figure it's widely unheard of as a result. I urge people to try it and see for themselves how good it is.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

My experience is mostly with Ventrilo and Mumble, Mumble wins hands down imo between those two. The quality was much better than Vent, and loved the volume Attenuation feature, a cool idea. BUT if the TS server that is currently in use is free, I'd say stick with that for now.

Personally, I've only used Vent as that's what all my guilds had used in the past. But it's easy to see that Vent is below both Mumble and TS3 in terms of quality.

I think most people who used either TS3 or Mumble are comfortable with their usual one, and so don't really need to try the other. And I'm sure if they do try out the other they end up comparing it out the box, without setting it up properly. Which is a disservice, even vent is worse out the box. You really need to go through the settings for all 3 to appreciate them to the fullest.

As for the main topic of the thread, either mumble or TS3 would be fine IMO. Even if mumble is superior, TS3 isn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discomoose View Post
    Personally, I've only used Vent as that's what all my guilds had used in the past. But it's easy to see that Vent is below both Mumble and TS3 in terms of quality.

I think most people who used either TS3 or Mumble are comfortable with their usual one, and so don't really need to try the other. And I'm sure if they do try out the other they end up comparing it out the box, without setting it up properly. Which is a disservice, even vent is worse out the box. You really need to go through the settings for all 3 to appreciate them to the fullest.

As for the main topic of the thread, either mumble or TS3 would be fine IMO. Even if mumble is superior, TS3 isn't bad.
    I think Mumble is mostly automatic in settings. It's been a while since I really used it and explored the settings, though.

I do know that it has automatic voice normalization and noise cancelling. I remember when I installed Mumble I had to adjust the noise sensitivity or something, so that would have something to do with it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.