Deleted

TellmeWhen + Ret Rotation

Hey guys today i saw a video on youtube that have exactly what im looking for but its kinda old the video and the autor didnt show the configuration..

Anyone here know how to replicate this? -> Video Name: World of Warcraft Retribution Paladin Rotation , Autor: ACockburn1967 (sorry i cant post links =\ )

Thanks in advance

/wave

trekkyy

Deleted
    I'm not sure on how to set-up the addon. But if you need help with rotation I would recommend using CLCret or CLCinfo.

Video for anyone who wants to see the video and is too lazy to search it up.

Basically, to show the cooldown timer for Crusader Strike:

1) Type /tmw
    2) Right click one of the boxes that appears
    3) Top left corner, drop down box -> Change it to Spell Cooldown.
    4) Type in the box below it -> Crusader Strike
    5) Below this, Tick the boxes 'Show Timer', 'Show Timer Text' and 'Always'

It should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/K5bMC.jpg

For Inquisition, which is a buff: http://i.imgur.com/fmVSw.jpg

It should look like :

(This is how I do it, should be similar to the effect that he has?)
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2012-04-21 at 02:48 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I would recommend clcret/clcinfo if you are wanting to use a rotation helper. Clcret is a bit easier to set up if you are not really good with addons. Prentice has an old video somewhere let me find it real quick.

edit here it is
    Last edited by Jämeson; 2012-04-21 at 12:38 PM.

I like clcret better but they all basically do the same thing. However that TMW video doesn't have Holy Wrath listed. Also Clcret tells you ahead of time when to refresh Inq, and it's usually within +/- 2 seconds of falling off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I like clcret better but they all basically do the same thing. However that TMW video doesn't have Holy Wrath listed. Also Clcret tells you ahead of time when to refresh Inq, and it's usually within +/- 2 seconds of falling off.
    CLCRet's predictions of when to refresh Inq are always off if you have your Inq settings switched from the default. It'll tell me I should refresh Inq after my next Crusader Strike or something, then I'll Crusader Strike and it will go "OH WAIT JUST KIDDING".

Honestly the Ret priority is pretty ridiculously simple, so TellMeWhen, CLCRet, NeedToKnow, etc all function about the same.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    CLCRet's predictions of when to refresh Inq are always off if you have your Inq settings switched from the default. It'll tell me I should refresh Inq after my next Crusader Strike or something, then I'll Crusader Strike and it will go "OH WAIT JUST KIDDING".

Honestly the Ret priority is pretty ridiculously simple, so TellMeWhen, CLCRet, NeedToKnow, etc all function about the same.
    It depends on your Inq settings as far as refresh/application of it, however you probably already knew that. Barring this tier because of T13 bonuses clcret would work well on default.

15+ Year Old Account

They don't all function the same or even close to it, TMW and NTK are just simple cooldown trackers period. They don't account for anything else it's exactly like staring at your bar that you re-positioned. Clcinfo/Ret have clash controls and if you don't understand how to set them up as to when to suggest inquisition use that isn't the addons fault but they certainly aren't off they go off the settings that you setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    They don't all function the same or even close to it, TMW and NTK are just simple cooldown trackers period. They don't account for anything else it's exactly like staring at your bar that you re-positioned. Clcinfo/Ret have clash controls and if you don't understand how to set them up as to when to suggest inquisition use that isn't the addons fault but they certainly aren't off they go off the settings that you setup.
    A re-positioned bar is really the only thing you need to play Ret though. The clash controls aren't anything that is interesting or hard to do without CLCRet. You could even set them up exactly the same way in TMW (not sure about NTK) using conditional settings.

And my CLCRet settings are fine as far as I can tell. The addon just has not been updated to accurately predict Inq if you change Inq from its default timing. It sets up a prediction sequence that puts Inq at a 5 second refresh, and it will not adjust to my 2 second timing until Inq comes up as the next button in the rotation and it realizes its mistake. I can FRAPS the bug if you really want.

I'll continue to use CLCRet over TMW for Ret just because I don't really care to set up TMW when I already have CLCRet set up, but there is no really amazing or groundbreaking feature that separates the addons.

15+ Year Old Account
    A re-positioned bar is really the only thing you need to play Ret though. The clash controls aren't anything that is interesting or hard to do without CLCRet. You could even set them up exactly the same way in TMW (not sure about NTK) using conditional settings.

And my CLCRet settings are fine as far as I can tell. The addon just has not been updated to accurately predict Inq if you change Inq from its default timing. It sets up a prediction sequence that puts Inq at a 5 second refresh, and it will not adjust to my 2 second timing until Inq comes up as the next button in the rotation and it realizes its mistake. I can FRAPS the bug if you really want.

I'll continue to use CLCRet over TMW for Ret just because I don't really care to set up TMW when I already have CLCRet set up, but there is no really amazing or groundbreaking feature that separates the addons.
    I'm not going to argue with you about the difference in addons there are huge differences but you can believe what you want it's not worth my time however a bug to get it resolved is worth my time.

I suggest posting it in the developers tickets as you are the only one reporting it I can't imagine that of all the people using it only you have found it but if that is the case it can only be fixed if it's reported.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-04-22 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'll look into posting it over there when I get some time. I'm pretty sure I can reliably reproduce the bug though I'm not really sure why it only happens for me (perhaps my priority?).

Edit: Yeah, just reproduced the bug in under 2 minutes on a training dummy.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-04-22 at 07:13 AM.