[MoP] Warrior PvP talents and glyphs

[MOP] BETA WARRIOR PVP

I am a 2 time gladiator, warrior in s3 and dk in s7 and this is my opinion on the only options warriors have for glyphs, and talents in the current build in MoP I will update this when severe changes Occur.

Current MoP beta warrior analysis. I have removed any talents or glyphs not worth mentioning.

Major

Glyph of Victory Rush - Increases the total healing provided by your Victory Rush or Impending Victory by 50%.

Glyph of Spell Reflection- Reduces the cooldown on Spell Reflection and Mass Spell Reflection by 5 sec.

Glyph of Recklessness - Recklessness no longer increases damage taken.

Glyph of Gag Order - Your Pummel, Heroic Throw, and Storm Bolt abilities also silence the target for 3 sec.

Glyph of Enraged Speed - While Enraged, you move 20% faster.

Glyph of Death from Above - Reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by 15 sec.

Talents

T1: Juggernaut: reduces the cooldown of charge by 8 seconds.

Double Time: charge twice before incurring a cooldown.

T2: Enraged regeneration: 1 minute cd. Instantly heal for 10% of your health, and an aditional 10% over 10 seconds. must be enraged and can be used while stunned.

Second wind: When immobolized or stunned you regen 20 rage over 10 seconds. when you take direct dmg you have a 10% chance to regen 10%of health over 10 seconds.

Impending Victory : attack target for negligible damage (6k non crit) instanly healing you for 10% of your health. If used within 20 seconds after dealing a killind blow it heals for 20%. Replaces Victory rush.

T3: Piercing howl: 20 yard range, instant cast, 10 rage: slow all enemies for 50% (no diminishing returns)

T4: Shock wave: 20 second cd, stun all enemies for 4 seconds in a cone for moderate damage (10-12k non crit)

Dragon's Roar: 1 minute cd, stun and knock back all enemies dealing an insane amount of damage (30-40k) this ability always crits.

T5: Mass spell reflection: 25 second cd. you spell reflect and aditional spells and causes all party and raid members to also reflect 1 spell. replaces spell reflect.

Safeguard: 30 second cd, 25 yard range: cahrge to ally target causing next physical attack to be redirected to you instead the target also takes 20% reduced dmg for 6 seconds. also removes all snares or slowing effects on you.

T6: Avatar: 3 minute cd. You generate 50% aditional rage, immunity to all snares and slowing effects, 20% increased damage for 30 seconds.

Arms vs Fury

I believe that at this moment fury will be the superior spec to arms in pvp reason being, more resil (2 2handers), better burst (bloodsurge), reliable crit/enrage (bloodthirst), and better self healing (bloodthirst).

Changes I Think Should be Changed

T1: Warbringer: charge now knocks down target for 3 seconds

Replaced with:[/COLOR]Mighty Leap: Reduces cooldown of heroic leap by 10 seconds and causes Heroic leap to thunderclap all targets that it lands on.

T2: Enraged Regeneration: 1 minute cd. Instantly heal for 10% of your health, and an aditional 10% over 10 seconds. must be enraged and can be used while stunned.

changed to: no longer requires enrage.

Second wind: When immobolized or stunned you regen 20 rage over 10 seconds. when you take direct dmg you have a 10% chance to regen 10%of health over 10 seconds.

Changed to: when damage is taken 50% chance to regen 10% of health over 10 seconds this effect has a 20 second cooldown.

Impending Victory: attack target for negligible damage (6k non crit) instanly healing you for 10% of your health. If used within 20 seconds after dealing a killind blow it heals for 20%. Replaces Victory rush.

Changed to: this ability always crits.

T3: [Staggering shout: 40 second cd, 10 yard range. snares all enemies within 10 yards that have hamtring effect for 5 seconds.

Changed to: Snares all enemies with 15 yards for 5 seconds.(no hamstring requirement)

T4: Dragons roar moved to t6

Replaced with: Bone Crush: 30 second cd, slams a target stunning it for 2 seconds every 4 seconds for 12 seconds. (no dr on itself but drs with other stuns like Hammer of Justice)

Bladestorm: moved to T6

Replaced with: Fissure: 1 minute cooldown : slams the ground stunning all targets within 15 yards for 0.5 seconds and sucks all enemies towards you in addition causes those struck to move at 99% movement speed for 5 seconds. (does not dr with other stuns stun immune targets are not stunned but sucked in, pillar of frost causes you to not be sucked)

T5:Safeguard: 30 second cd, 25 yard range: cahrge to ally target causing next physical attack to be redirected to you instead the target also takes 20% reduced dmg for 6 seconds. also removes all snares or slowing effects on you.

changed to: name changed to Safehaven: increases the healing the healing, damage, and damage reduction that target takes by 20% for 6 seconds in addition to it's other affects. (instead of just flat dmg reduction)

Mass spell reflection: 25 second cd. you spell reflect and aditional spells and causes all party and raid members to also reflect 1 spell. replaces spell reflect.

Changed to: spell reflect and mass spell reflect now have 15 second cooldown: only party now and no longer gives you a second spell to reflect.

Vigilance: 2 minute cd, 40 yard range. target ally to transfer 30% of damage done to you. during this effect your taunt no longer has a cooldown and attacks made against the target with vigilance causeyou become enraged for 6 seconds.

changed to: 30 second cooldown, and 6 second duration in a pvp scenario (arena battleground)

T6:Avatar: 3 minute cd. You generate 50% aditional rage, immunity to all snares and slowing effects, 20% increased damage for 30 seconds.

changed to 1 minute cd and 10 second duration causes you to become enraged. 10% increased damage in PvP scenario (battleground/arena) instead of 20%

Bladestorm: 1 minute cd. strikes all enemies in 8 yards for 100% weapon damage or 200% weapon damage every (if only 1 target is in range) dealing 1 second for 6 seconds. during bladestorm you are immune to all loss of control and movement impairing effects, only shouts may be used.

Dragon Roar: 1 minute cd, stun and knock back all enemies dealing an insane amount of damage (30-40k) this ability always crits

(no change)

I can't think of many new glyph ideas/ changed so help me out , and any talents i didn't change is fine the way it is.

TY FOR READING!!!!
    Last edited by eCrazy; 2012-04-22 at 12:54 AM.

They should really swap bloodbath and bladestorm around, and buff bladestorms damage to be threatening again, that way the lvl 90 talents actually have a choice and simply isnt just 'pick avatar'

From what i have seen atm arms warriors seem pretty strong in pvp on beta despite the fact they ever rarely crit (obviously subject to change)

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    They should really swap bloodbath and bladestorm around, and buff bladestorms damage to be threatening again, that way the lvl 90 talents actually have a choice and simply isnt just 'pick avatar'

From what i have seen atm arms warriors seem pretty strong in pvp on beta despite the fact they ever rarely crit (obviously subject to change)
    I agree arms is still great, both specs look promising just that fury so far is the stronger spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for changing the colors on your post !
    Now we can read it !
    Last edited by Necesario; 2012-04-23 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    I would add the depency of MS not being parried as another downside of arms in pvp... After all, the only difference now between arms and fury are the rotations.

Bonus for Fury: popping shield wall and then using your two 2H doesn't make you lose your shield wall effect, so you can maintain your damage during your defensive CDs. But hopefully they will fix the whole "use shield for SW" thing.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-04-21 at 08:34 PM.

I've added my input on the talents so so so many times it's ridiculous.

Simple changes:

T1: Charge baseline cd down to 16 seconds. Warbringer now makes you immune to roots and snares for 2-3 seconds after a charge.

T2: Second wind baseline. Rallying cry provided here instead.

T3: Piercing howl baseline. Replaced by something that buffs intimidating shout.

T4: Stormbolt replaces bladestorm. Buffed to ignore armor.

T5: Needs sweeping changes imo. I've outlined them before but the basic gist is to make mass reflect and safeguard into glyphs and vigilance a prot only baseline ability. The entire tier should be replaced with rage management options to make up for our lack of rage generated from damage received.

T6: Bloodbath really doesn't compete with avatar outside of niche PvE encounters. Bladestorm would need to be buffed to be equal to avatar. Bloodbath should get replaced with something that provides a damage buff and also serves as an anti-cc tool like avatar and bladestorm do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

just got my eyes raped by the OP thanks

* Please don't make OT posts if you have nothing to add to the topic. ~Mest
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-04-22 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I've added my input on the talents so so so many times it's ridiculous.

Simple changes:

T1: Charge baseline cd down to 16 seconds. Warbringer now makes you immune to roots and snares for 2-3 seconds after a charge.

T2: Second wind baseline. Rallying cry provided here instead.

T3: Piercing howl baseline. Replaced by something that buffs intimidating shout.

T4: Stormbolt replaces bladestorm. Buffed to ignore armor.

T5: Needs sweeping changes imo. I've outlined them before but the basic gist is to make mass reflect and safeguard into glyphs and vigilance a prot only baseline ability. The entire tier should be replaced with rage management options to make up for our lack of rage generated from damage received.

T6: Bloodbath really doesn't compete with avatar outside of niche PvE encounters. Bladestorm would need to be buffed to be equal to avatar. Bloodbath should get replaced with something that provides a damage buff and also serves as an anti-cc tool like avatar and bladestorm do now.
    your changes are very random and don't follow the format blizzard is trying to give us.

T1: mobility
    T2: self healing
    T3: shouts
    T4: stuns
    T5: Shield/Defense
    T6: Damage

I'm not a fan of what you propose honestly read what i proposed because the only thing we agree on is T6.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 08:53 PM ----------

Fixed the colours, it looked fine on my end. lol

Quote Originally Posted by eCrazy View Post
    your changes are very random and don't follow the format blizzard is trying to give us.

I'm not a fan of what you propose honestly read what i proposed because the only thing we agree on is T6.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 08:53 PM ----------

Fixed the colours, it looked fine on my end. lol
    Wait what...?

How is:

Tier 1: mobility where it's ACTUALLY a choice and not "here's 3 talents but only pick this one if you don't want to be bad"
    Tier 2: Self-sustain
    Tier 3: STILL shouts but now you don't have a mandatory talent in there
    Tier 4: ACTUALLY stuns like it should be
    Tier 5: Rage management instead of shield/defense since we're so sorely lacking in them that they SHOULD be baseline
    Tier 6: Damage + mobility

random in the least? I read what you were proposing. Your ideas necessitate DRASTIC changes. Something that's very very rare during betas. I'm attempting to address our problems through subtle changes here and there besides tier 5. But even tier 5 is something we already have in Cataclysm.

I'd propose even more changes but again that's going into the drastic territory.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-04-22 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what...?

How is:

Tier 1: mobility where it's ACTUALLY a choice and not "here's 3 talents but only pick this one if you don't want to be bad"
    Tier 2: Self-sustain
    Tier 3: STILL shouts but now you don't have a mandatory talent in there
    Tier 4: ACTUALLY stuns like it should be
    Tier 5: Rage management instead of shield/defense since we're so sorely lacking in them that they SHOULD be baseline
    Tier 6: Damage + mobility

random in the least? I read what you were proposing. Your ideas necessitate DRASTIC changes. Something that's very very rare during betas. I'm attempting to address our problems through subtle changes here and there besides tier 5. But even tier 5 is something we already have in Cataclysm.

I'd propose even more changes but again that's going into the drastic territory.
    1) charge being a 16 second cd instead of 20 would result in doubletime being the best choice, warbringer still sucks and should be trashed.

2) rallying cry doesn't heal us, so it doesn't fit.

3) Piercing howl baseline, ok great

4) Intimidating shout is already a 1 minute undispellable 8 second aoe fear, any type of buff would make it broken

5) will never be revamped and not worth talking about.

6) I put bladestorm in t6 and made it so it would be as strong as avatar, a tuned down avatar from being completely overpowered in PvP while keeping the dps increase in PvE the same. I moved dragons roar to T6 because it fits in as a high damage burst.

Blizzard stated only 2 things that they want out of the talent calculator, fun and hard choices/different routes which is why i think your ideas are random.

and what i posted you was the format that blizzard is trying to do for the tiers.

Last edited by eCrazy; 2012-04-22 at 08:22 AM.