Stormstout Brewery playthrough - Shockadin with logs

Just did a quick run through the first 2 bosses of Stormstout Brewery as shockadin and thought I'd record it to give a feel for the healing / damage we're pulling at the moment on beta.

I was in pretty much full DS HC gear, with all 3 shockadin glyphs (Denounce, Holy Shock and WoG).

Be sure to check out the vid to also see the updated Light of Dawn animation and the new look of the 4 wings Avenging Wrath (much better than the previous one ;D, around 5min into the video).

Here's the logs so you can check how I raped a lock and hunter on the meters ^^
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/

Enjoy!

If this is supposed to be a comment on the viability of Shockadin as an alternate paladin DPS spec; there are so many holes that could be picked I won't even start.

If, however, its merely intended as a demonstration of how overpowered Holy paladin DPS output is currently, then I agree wholeheartedly and have posted to the official feedback threads suggesting healer DPS output (not just paladin) needs to be tuned down. My logic, condensed to a sentence or two, is that the current state of affairs is liable to create immense PvE balance problems; either all healers will be forced into a play style that demands hybrid activity, or those groups containing healers who enjoy and/or are skilled at maintaining solid DPS output while healing will have such a large advantage in terms of meeting DPS requirements that it will stigmatise any healer who doesn't want to fill the hybrid role. Just my opinion, but I dislike strongly.

I haven't checked the logs for a long time, but in the beginning of DS when we were still doing Ultraxion on normal our discpriest smitehealed to help with the dps, and at that time with an ilvl I believe were <390 he was doing about 17-18K dps.

So I wouldn't call it op if an pally with ilvl 410 can do 22K dps. If they haven't changed the way smitingpriest work in MoP I'm sure a discpriest can do as high dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    I haven't checked the logs for a long time, but in the beginning of DS when we were still doing Ultraxion on normal our discpriest smitehealed to help with the dps, and at that time with an ilvl I believe were <390 he was doing about 17-18K dps.

So I wouldn't call it op if an pally with ilvl 410 can do 22K dps. If they haven't changed the way smitingpriest work in MoP I'm sure a discpriest can do as high dps.
    They have; Atonement is now a glyph any priest can use. This is precisely the point I am trying to make; Atonement spec healing was a tiny niche in previous designs, with healer DPS otherwise being minimal and mostly for mana regeneration. The new model seems, more and more, to be encouraging all healers to be necessitated to maintain DPS output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    They have; Atonement is now a glyph any priest can use. This is precisely the point I am trying to make; Atonement spec healing was a tiny niche in previous designs, with healer DPS otherwise being minimal and mostly for mana regeneration. The new model seems, more and more, to be encouraging all healers to be necessitated to maintain DPS output.
    Healers won't be required to do any DPS, as that's not the role they signed up for. Their damage output is being increased to make leveling easier as a healing spec, should a player choose to play that one spec.

However, if a healer can help on DPS, that shouldn't be seen as a problem either.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!