Do we still only get part of Act I in D3 OB?

Title pretty much says it all, are we only allowed to kill le Skeleton King in OB with friends?

Looks like it. At the end it says You've defeated the Diablo III Beta.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Looks like it. At the end it says You've defeated the Diablo III Beta.
    Well that. Blows. :l

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah It's the same with the closed beta, Once you kill the SK. Games over and that's pretty much it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkitine View Post
    Well that. Blows. :l
    It's meant to hype you up at the very most haha

It's strange why they don't wanna test the full game, all acts and everything there is in the game, just like WoW expansions' Beta testing. This is just a demo
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange why they don't wanna test the full game, all acts and everything there is in the game, just like WoW expansions' Beta testing. This is just a demo
    Yeah I didn't understand that either, I'm still having fun though regardless =)

Blizzard themselves are testing the whole game. They already said there was a version of the full game playable for Blizzard employees, who have been testing it.

I think they get to test all the major aspects with this beta. You can't really compare the game to an MMO, Diablo is a lot more sandbox, not much can go wrong except abilities not working or mob AI being retarded or boss mechanics getting exploited. But if the past Diablo games were an indication, that probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjew102 View Post
    Blizzard themselves are testing the whole game. They already said there was a version of the full game playable for Blizzard employees, who have been testing it.
    Then why don't they just call this a demo?

More like a stress test. It's not an MMO, and it's altogether much smaller than one, so their in-house testing can handle it, just like the QA for most other non-MMO games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Cause you can provide feedback and make stress tests. Demo is usually single player and no feedback, not as much as a beta.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say they sold another copy of the game by letting me get my hands on it for the weekend. Servers were stable very quickly. Someone earned their paycheck this afternoon.

Well it gave us all a good demo of it and I think it might have sold me.

Was fun 1½ hour of gameplay, it bring back memories from the last century.

Will be playing it regardless due to Annual Pass.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    They've stated repeatedly that the point of the D3 beta is not to test the game itself - it's to test their server hardware and software infrastructure. The amount of content tested is almost completely irrelevant, and they picked what essentially amounts to the "tutorial" part of the game so that people would stick around long enough to generate meaningful data for them.

Just curious, will any of the character progress count towards the official release ( probably not ) but it would be nice not to lose the few hours of time put in..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thecraw View Post
    Just curious, will any of the character progress count towards the official release ( probably not ) but it would be nice not to lose the few hours of time put in..
    Nope they are completely wiped out, Nothing will remain from the beta to be transferring to the live version. The beta is their for you to test things in reality and nothing more.

thanks for the reply, I figured so, just was hoping they could have somehow saved my character hehe

would have been nice if they incorporated a voice chat directly into the game so you didn't have to use Ventrilo,Teamspeak if you didn't want to..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thecraw View Post
    thanks for the reply, I figured so, just was hoping they could have somehow saved my character hehe

would have been nice if they incorporated a voice chat directly into the game so you didn't have to use Ventrilo,Teamspeak if you didn't want to..
    Like in WoW? The worse thing ever that nobody even uses? That probably wouldn't go well unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Like in WoW? The worse thing ever that nobody even uses? That probably wouldn't go well unfortunately.
    Well I've always thought it was pretty handy in CS or COD if you happen to play with people that don't have ventrilo or teamspeak.