Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Not Requiring ID's to vote, good idea?

Random man walks into office, getting ballot of the US attorney general with no fuss. People offering to sign any name, if the person writes illegibly. Interesting how that works.

I just hope Thomas brady and Timothy Tebow of wisconsin are half as good at there sport as the real ones are!

I especially enjoy the part about how you need an ID to get into the department of justice, which strikes down voter ID laws passed by states, but you do not need on to actually vote..

15+ Year Old Account
    wow.. so people committing voter fraud is something new now.. gimme a break.. not a need for this new topic..

That's... kind of disturbing, actually. I would say "isolated incident, who cares?" but it obviously goes on more than one place. And I wonder why our voting system is so screwed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That's... kind of disturbing, actually. I would say "isolated incident, who cares?" but it obviously goes on more than one place. And I wonder why our voting system is so screwed. :/
    But apparently its not a big deal, if a random person can go into a polling place and use the attorney general of the united states name and ballot!

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    wow.. so people committing voter fraud is something new now.. gimme a break.. not a need for this new topic..

Well considering the person being impersonated, (if you watched the whole video) says there is literally no proof that in person voter fraud ever happens, while someone just went in and used his name without any issue at all, the people insisting he did not need an ID so it was cool..

Not a good idea, I mean really...can't believe people would question this, it is just common sense that requiring IDs would reduce the amount of fraud.

Democrats rely on voter fraud to win, they are the ones that wont let it pass.

~ Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-04-21 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Injinjpow View Post
    Democrats rely on voter fraud to win, they are the ones that wont let it pass.
    Bingo.
    You need an ID to buy beer, why not require it for voting?
    They also rely on repeated recounts until they get a result they want, even if it requires some districts to have more votes than registered voters (MN-Senate race, WA Gov race).

It's a gray area. You need ID's to prove that people are only voting once. However it depends on how difficult it is to get an ID as well. If obtaining an ID is too difficult then it could be seen as unconstitutional. You have the right to vote above all else.

I do not think this has anything to do with political parties (Make fun of me all you want, I am firmly in the camp that bush electronically stole both his "won" elections) it has more to do with a decay or our election system. Single votes no longer matter in states that are firmly in one party's camp, every single person that votes for the other person is completely discounted.

Please do not turn this into "DEMOCRATS ARE BAD!" or "REPUBLICANS ARE BAD" however, this is not what it is about. It is about the ease of voter fraud in our country with the lack of an ID system.

No thats a HORRIBLE idea, you should be forced to have your drivers liscence and/or SSID present when voting, and mark it down in a computer that will prevent your ID from voting more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It's a gray area. You need ID's to prove that people are only voting once. However it depends on how difficult it is to get an ID as well. If obtaining an ID is too difficult then it could be seen as unconstitutional. You have the right to vote above all else.

It takes like 26 dollars to get an ID. IF you are an illegal citizen and cannot get an ID, then you should not be voting anyway. If you are a felon you cannot vote anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    Bingo.
    You need an ID to buy beer, why not require it for voting?
    They also rely on repeated recounts until they get a result they want, even if it requires some districts to have more votes than registered voters (MN-Senate race, WA Gov race).
    Yeah.... Washington resident here... sick of having this bullcrap governor that cheated her way in multiple times... We had so many dead people "voting" for her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    No thats a HORRIBLE idea, you should be forced to have your drivers liscence and/or SSID present when voting, and mark it down in a computer that will prevent your ID from voting more than once

That is what I think as well, but the attorney general (The guy whose ballot the guy in the video is using) says voter fraud in person never happens and there is no need for ID usage.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Yeah.... Washington resident here... sick of having this bullcrap governor that cheated her way in multiple times... We had so many dead people "voting" for her.

That is like the plot from the movie "Black Sheep".. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    It takes like 26 dollars to get an ID. IF you are an illegal citizen and cannot get an ID, then you should not be voting anyway. If you are a felon you cannot vote anyway.
    I was generalizing for anywhere in the country. If that's all it takes to get an ID in DC then that isnt too terrible. However the content of the video is just a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I was generalizing for anywhere in the country. If that's all it takes to get an ID in DC then that isnt too terrible. However the content of the video is just a little silly.
    I guess you and I have different definitions of silly, I think going into a polling place and saying you are the attorney general and having them cool with it with no ID is quite alarming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't need an ID to vote today when I went, just give them name and polling station (am in Canada tho). Its been like this before, and even with this system hardly anyone votes.

It's not a democrat bad, republican good thing, but it is true that part of the Democrat platform is not to require voter ID and to fight laws which try to require it. If you think that makes democrats bad and republicans good, so be it, it's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    So if an 18yo American Citizen does not have his driver license and not even an ID how else will they vote? Thise voter ID crap sounds way to crazy. Where has all the talk been about this the last 100 years? Why now?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    So if an 18yo American Citizen does not have his driver license and not even an ID how else will they vote? Thise voter ID crap sounds way to crazy. Where has all the talk been about this the last 100 years? Why now?
    Erm...an 18 year old person with no Id sounds kind of fishy. Why wouldnt they have an ID by then? Hell I had one when I was 14...

Why is it talk now? Because we have the tech now? Because it is becoming obvious that there are MASSIVE flaws in our voting system? Is it not enough to want to patch up massive flaws? I guess fixing things so they cannot be cheated anymore is a *BAD* thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Erm...an 18 year old person with no Id sounds kind of fishy. Why wouldnt they have an ID by then? Hell I had one when I was 14...

Why is it talk now? Because we have the tech now? Because it is becoming obvious that there are MASSIVE flaws in our voting system? Is it not enough to want to patch up massive flaws? I guess fixing things so they cannot be cheated anymore is a *BAD* thing?
    There are many kids who are 18+ who don't have a drivers license for many reasons. The best id they could have would be a school id. Are you telling me that a young American citizen should not be allowed to vote because they aren't all cool and hip like you because they don't have a license especially at age 14 like you?

Ya, go ahead and point out those flaws for me. Show me some proof.
    Last edited by Snakeseye0; 2012-04-21 at 07:14 AM.