Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Q: Is it possible to introduce the option of invalidating the Alt+Tab combination like SC2 does so that players who do arenas or raids won't accidentally switch to their desktop? Such accidents are common because many players use Alt in their customized hotkeys.
    Blizz: Currently we don't have such plan. Our UI settings are already too complicated.

- I do have a plan!
    Very cool app, Rinnegan! Could definitely come in handy for all sorts of things.

For the alt-tab (and alt-F4) issues, I discovered a different solution, AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). It's a free, open-source utility for Windows that will let you automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. I discovered it after hitting alt-F4 while I was tanking a boss in Dragon Soul (my group was *not* happy with me).

It was pretty easy to set up, and although I'm only using it for un-mapping alt-F4 (so it does nothing!), it has lots of potential.

was the event time off??

10+ Year Old Account
    so... because I can't stand Athene, I have one question: Who won the raid?

Method won by 3 seconds! Vodka wiped on Warlord Zon'ozz but managed to recover fast from the wipe and catch up due to excellent raid comp. Method went with their normal roster did not change anything at all 6 healed every fight basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the support mmo-champion!! Was a great event!

imba event ;-) cheers to curse ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i dont think any of these vids are including the zandalari isle
    I didnt say that the video was ON Zandalai Isle. But if you remember at Blizzcon or whatever, they had an Island above Pandaria labeled Zandalari Isle on the map. Those trolls could have gone through the mist and reached Pandaria, met the Mogu and joined their cause. Cause you know, the pandaren have allied with us, the guys who beat the poo poo out of their tribe for a long time. Mutual goals there.
    Last edited by nan0byt3; 2012-04-21 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so... because I can't stand Athene, I have one question: Who won the raid?
    Hating on Athene makes you cool and legit, I've heard... /s

C'mon... the guy does more than just bragging on videos, you know...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Hating on Athene makes you cool and legit, I've heard... /s

C'mon... the guy does more than just bragging on videos, you know...
    Oh, I'm sorry, every fucking video I've seen from this clown is "I'M THE BEST IN THE WORLD"

does he have some other side, where he's more modest and even PARTIALLY likeable? Cause I sure haven't seen one yet.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Oh, I'm sorry, every fucking video I've seen from this clown is "I'M THE BEST IN THE WORLD"

does he have some other side, where he's more modest and even PARTIALLY likeable? Cause I sure haven't seen one yet.
    Yes, it turns out that what you've seen is his character which he uses in his videos.

Yes, he does have another side, the "normal human" side, where he isn't trolling. Yes, trolling. The 'athene' character is supposed to be so arrogant to the point where you know he is taking the piss.

You haven't seen one yet because you haven't seen any of his serious videos, or what he is doing on his live stream. He's live now actually, if you want to see him as a real human (at athenelive[.]com) - seriously, take a minute to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyashka View Post
    Wow they've finally found out how to make mountains look more realistic. They probably got inspired by skyrim.
    *warning: Pedanticness inc*

Skryim and WoW have mountains constructed to look good in very different ways. WoW mountains are, usually, terrain meshes built up to look like mountains and then painted with textures in a very intricate manner. Skyrim mountains start the same way, with a terrain mesh, but use static meshes (in this case, rock game objects) placed around them to look like jagged mountains. Now, if you look closely at skyrim's mountains, you can tell bethesda wasn't really that commited to making the actual terrain mesh part of it look that great. The textures are highly tiled and vary very little. The terrain meshes are really just used as a "base" for the rocks to be affixed onto. Now, up until recently, WoW hasn't been very good at blending static meshes and terrain meshes together all that well... Instead, they've relied primarily on using terrain meshes alone to make mountains and whatnot. If you want a sample of WoW's previous method of blending terrain meshes with static meshes, look at the canyons in durotar, or at old darkwhisper gorge. Not too pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by tierbook
    i dont think any of these vids are including the zandalari isle
    I think the zandalari isle they're referring to is an island that happens to have zandalari on it.

10+ Year Old Account

More like you've chosen not to see one yet, as all he's released lately is mostly out of character, except on his streams while in-game for added comedy. All the vids he's made about either youtube's BS, or charity, or even Together To The Top, are out of character.

I mean... you DO know he's not even remotely serious when he's in prick mode, right?

Also... you promote modesty and start your post with a conceited "Oh, I'm sorry..." rebuttal? LOL
    Last edited by marthsk; 2012-04-21 at 10:07 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    P.F Chong, oh you blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    "The number of 25-man raiding guilds is decreasing, but we will still continue to provide 25-man raids unless one day no one does 25-man raids anymore. We do not have direct plans to encourage players to choose 25-man. We hope to keep 10-man and 25-man raids close enough so players can choose the type that they find interesting. (Provided you have enough people to run 10-man or 25-man raids)"

They've got it spot on in my opinion. Let the players decide what format they prefer. People shouldn't have to be encouraged to play 25 mans, they should just want to play them... With the introduction of LFR I don't think 25 mans are ever going to be phased out. They're putting the ball in our court, giving us the choice.
    When they make 10 man Much more convenient and easier than 25 man their is no incentive to do 25 man. Most players don't want hard, they want easy loot. If i said you could have $500 for ten minutes work or you can have $500 for 30 minutes work which would you take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    When they make 10 man Much more convenient and easier than 25 man their is no incentive to do 25 man. Most players don't want hard, they want easy loot. If i said you could have $500 for ten minutes work or you can have $500 for 30 minutes work which would you take.
    25man raiding is pretty much gone, its like with 40man.. although to be fair 40 man was insane but 25 kept that 'epic' feel. You down on 10man now and its like.. a runnin a heroic dungeon.. there's no joy or anything left in the game .. at least for me and many friends who have stoppe playing.

I one of the early beta invs and I watched as more and more invs were sent out to random people who just use it troll and be general retards as they do on live because 'hu huh it iz funny to stop people testing quests and what not or just spamming.
    I know alot of it is stability testing etc and no the elite of the elite shouldnt just get invs but morons who go on beta just to be morons should have the inv removed and get some penalty on their live accounts.. which ofc will never happen seeing as they are grasping for people to stay or come back playing.

Really wish they used their brains abit more.

Nagrand/Stormpeaks was what i pretty much saw in the video.. felt very close to other zones done previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    So what's the problem? If most players want 10 mans and 10 mans will eventually take over, I don't see the issue. Or is it like a forum thing where people choose to do 10 mans and then complain about how so few people are doing 25 mans.

and the death nail of 25man guilds here. Never thought I would see the day

The number of 25-man raiding guilds seems to be declining. Are there going to be any plans to encourage them? Or do you plan to remove 25-man raids?
    A: The number of 25-man raiding guilds is probably going to keep decreasing, but we will still continue to provide 25-man raids unless one day no one does 25-man raids anymore. We do not have direct plans to encourage players to choose 25-man. We hope to keep 10-man and 25-man raids close enough so players can choose the type that they find interesting. (Provided you have enough people to run 10-man or 25-man raids)

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    and the death nail of 25man guilds here. Never thought I would see the day
    Are you reading between the lines?

He said the 25s are gonna continue declining, and yes, he's right that's the trend we see, every other day another 25 guild quits. He didn't say they will quit making content for 25 man raids, in fact the raid instances coming in Mists are all 25/10 so really, your over-dramatizing.

That said, it's on players shoulders to not make 25s obsolete, not Blizzards. All Blizzard did is equalize rewards for 10 and 25 and when that happened, the majority decided that running 10s is better for them whatever the reason and most are fine with it.

I can tell you that my personal reason to abandon 25s was that I couldn't stand organizing raids with that many people, there were constantly people AFKing or not showing up on time, thus making raiding almost impossible, and all the drama within the guild with people fighting because there were too many of them and no dedication towards the guild from some.

Even if you are the best with leading & organisation skills, you can't fix greedy bastards that are there only for themselves and themselves only. The top guilds have the luxury of pick and choose to their liking, unknown guilds don't have that, may they have good progress, you only get so many people that apply and you have to eventually give in and take one that you don't like just to fill the spots. On 10 however, you have way less people to worry about and you can single out greedy retards quite easily and replace them with maybe another idiot or a nice person.

Raid experience wise, nothing really changed, I'm still seeing the same bosses, gaining the same loot and arguably pretty much equal difficulty, only now I know who I raid with, people I know for a long time, who care bout the guild and help it wherever they can, without the added 5-10 retards who join because you had nice progress and wanted loot, yet didn't flick a finger themselves.

You said earlier that not all pets can take part in pet battle system. What are the exceptions?
    Currently the exceptions are pets with humanoid children models. They will not be included in pet battle system. Nor will the Guardian Cub.
    Why, why not the Guardian Cub?!
    This is actually one of my favorite pets. It's just a kitty with wings, either stick it in the Flying category or the one cats like the Winterspring Cub/Darkmoon Cub/etc normally go in. If it's a case of Blizzard Store pets can't be used, then why are some of the other ones being allowed? People paid just as much for the Guardian Cub, it shouldn't be screwed out of participating in the pet battle system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    Yes, it turns out that what you've seen is his character which he uses in his videos.

Yes, he does have another side, the "normal human" side, where he isn't trolling. Yes, trolling. The 'athene' character is supposed to be so arrogant to the point where you know he is taking the piss.

You haven't seen one yet because you haven't seen any of his serious videos, or what he is doing on his live stream. He's live now actually, if you want to see him as a real human (at athenelive[.]com) - seriously, take a minute to watch.
    Sorry to being so ignorant, but this dude is the idiot in the live stream who only screamed "omg i have goosebumps this is crazy" all 1.5hrs?? Because that dude should really stop getting himself in front of a camera/microphone.