Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Beta ends with Leorics death?

As the title.... Is this it?
    Not complaining or anything...just curious, the beta ends once you slay the skeleton King?

On a different note... (and can't speak for everyone, only for myself), Diablo3 might as well be the true WOW killer. The game is incredibly well made, the graphics are jaw dropping, and when I log back to WoW I feel like Im going back in time. Once you play Diablo, you can't really go back to WOW...and have fun.
    My 2 cents.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that is it. Everything else you can do is really gather the achievements, try out classes, try your luck in crafting, etc. Basically just test the mechanics..

Also; I sincerely doubt this is the "WoW Killer". I don't play WoW anymore myself, but i really doubt Diablo will pull many people away from WoW. If anything, most people that will play WoW might give Diablo 3 a go on the side, and keep playing WoW as well.

Deleted
    Although I've never played a Diablo game in my life I doubt it will be the WoW killer. Not that I'm a fanboy, because I' not, I just think that Guild Wars 2 stands a better chance at doing that.

Deleted
    Yes. It ends with the skeleton king.
    No. It will not kill wow.

Wow is an mmo. Diablo3 is not.

Its like saying that diablo3 is a battlefield-killer. Two different games.

Nothing will be a WoW Killer that is made by Blizzard. They specifically went with different styles of games so that none of their games "kill" each other

As I said...Im not speaking for everyone, just for myself. And for me...it kinda killed Wow I know they are not the same type of games, but since I only have so much free time to play games, I will probably pick Diablo over Wow.
    Wow is a really great game, but the visuals are severly outdated imo.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that's pretty much the entire beta for us the public, The employees themselves have the entire beta version just for them. Anyway Diablo isn't exactly a WoWkiller I mean honestly every time we say oh It's a wow killer It slides back and it honestly doesn't kill it.

Personally I'm quitting myself in terms of well of I'm caring and such of WoW, I've played too much of it and such I've finished my time and I'm really happy of what I've accomplished however It's time to move on once more. My schedule will be pretty much fully dedicated to diablo 3 rather then WoW meaning I'll login from to time in terms of WoW but no longer will it be on my mind It's done and over it upon my brain.

I've waited since I was like 12 years old upon this game and my am I happy that It's finally coming out after so long anyway enough of the short stories.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XxDarkhonorXx View Post
    Nothing will be a WoW Killer that is made by Blizzard. They specifically went with different styles of games so that none of their games "kill" each other
    *cough*Titan*cough*
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    *cough*Titan*cough*
    Which we still know nothing about. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Although I've never played a Diablo game in my life I doubt it will be the WoW killer. Not that I'm a fanboy, because I' not, I just think that Guild Wars 2 stands a better chance at doing that.
    Guild Wars 2 doesn't stand a chance either. There's no such thing as a WoW killer, people should have learnt that ever since Warhammer Online didn't live up to expectations, and even more so with Rift, SW;TOR, Age of Conan and more. Guild Wars 2 might be a successful game, but it'll have a MAXIMUM of 3-5 million players, and even then it would only have half of WoW's playerbase, and 3-5 million players might even be going over the top.

the beta for diablo is really underwhelming. but its basically a glorified demo -- we really can't judge the total quality until a few playthroughs (on nightmare and hell too).

i'm skeptical it will have the legs that diablo 2 did. The chat functionality, real money auction house, incredible granularity of quest breakdown, lack of talents (vs simplified skill system)... just seems to be targeted at a hyper casual audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatered View Post
    As the title.... Is this it?
    Not complaining or anything...just curious, the beta ends once you slay the skeleton King?

On a different note... (and can't speak for everyone, only for myself), Diablo3 might as well be the true WOW killer. The game is incredibly well made, the graphics are jaw dropping, and when I log back to WoW I feel like Im going back in time. Once you play Diablo, you can't really go back to WOW...and have fun.
    My 2 cents.
    I'm sorry but...what games are you playing where you consider Diablo 3 graphics "jaw dropping"? I'm being serious.

Diablo 3's graphics are nice but...jaw dropping? Have you never played Aion? Crysis 2? Heavy Rain? I could honestly go on but....there is nothing jaw dropping about Diablo 3's graphics. Honestly it looks like an HD version of Diablo 2. Which isn't a bad thing at all, the graphics are crispy and the spell effects look great but jaw dropping? Hell no. Talk about an over-exaggeration lol.

WoW killer it is definitely not as they are totally different genre of game. If someone is into MMO's Diablo III will not cut it.

In fact, I know plenty of people that since playing the beta actually have no plans to play Diablo III because they were left feeling very underwhelmed by it, myself included. It doesn't have nearly the amount of tweaks a lot of us older Diablo fans were hoping for to make the game feel fresh again. So it's a game people will play for a couple months and then collect dust as they go back to WoW. Like Startcraft II.

So I well respectively agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    *cough*Titan*cough*
    Is the same thing about crying wolf. Until there is some hard evidence on what Titan actually is, it's not even worth adding to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    I'm sorry but...what games are you playing where you consider Diablo 3 graphics "jaw dropping"? I'm being serious.

Diablo 3's graphics are nice but...jaw dropping? Have you never played Aion? Crysis 2? Heavy Rain? I could honestly go on but....there is nothing jaw dropping about Diablo 3's graphics. Honestly it looks like an HD version of Diablo 2. Which isn't a bad thing at all, the graphics are crispy and the spell effects look great but jaw dropping? Hell no. Talk about an over-exaggeration lol.

WoW killer it is definitely not as they are totally different genre of game. If someone is into MMO's Diablo III will not cut it.

In fact, I know plenty of people that since playing the beta actually have no plans to play Diablo III because they were left feeling very underwhelmed by it, myself included. It doesn't have nearly the amount of tweaks a lot of us older Diablo fans were hoping for to make the game feel fresh again. So it's a game people will play for a couple months and then collect dust as they go back to WoW. Like Startcraft II.

So I well respectively agree to disagree.
    how long did you play starcraft? that game was out a while before SC2. also diablo 3 looks much better than D2. i mean hd remake? maybe if it was decade or so
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post

Diablo 3's graphics are nice but...jaw dropping?
    I agree with you. The visual effects in D3 are pleasant, but that is just about where it stops. I played Tera for some of their 4th and 5th closed beta and it was stunning. Guild Wars 2 beta has been wonderful as well. D3 is a polished version of D2 (graphic wise.. gameplay wise it's a step backwards.. different discussion)... but still nothing that makes me pick my jaw off the floor.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Which we still know nothing about. :P
    Just saying. They are making an MMO and expect it to run along with WoW.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    its a completely different style of game. The graphics are not any better, just different. Its a sit back and click game. It wont "kill wow".

Honestly the graphics are not much better than D2, and just seem polished. The only thing it has that really impressed is the "physics" on stuff. but well WOW cant really have that, because...

Kill a low level, and knock his corpse across the world and /lol as he trys to find it and rez.

Deleted
    Honestly, D3 is gonna fuzz. Why do I think so?

Point and click system was cool.. 12 years ago. Is it still cool today?? Will people honestly, hand on the heart, be satisfied with a D2 with better graphics? Its like the Fifa series.. only u just have to wait 12 years.

I've seen nothing really "wooow" in D3.

As someone mentioned, the chat is ALSO gone. Its not totally gone, but now u have to seek it. Rather than it just being there.

Have a look at the login screen, boy is that shit? D2 had a better login screen on bnet 1.0.

So yes I think it will fail. Lots of people will buy the game because "oh its D3!" and thats exactly what they want for u 2 do. There aint no subscription fee for a reason, they cant charge that on top of an already bad game.

Disclaimers saying: "Blizzard says it will rock, and so does everyone else" - Ye, what did the same people say about cata 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    why in the world should d3 "kill" wow? its not even the same genre!

those 2 games will peacefully coexist and since d3 is totally sub free, you will be able to drop in and out of it whenever you want without any fear of losing anything...

some people Oo

also the information about the beta has been out since start of the beta, picking up on such a major detail of the beta at this late of a point in time is pretty lame ~~ its a beta, people! not a demoversion!

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maiva View Post
    Honestly, D3 is gonna fuzz. Why do I think so?

Point and click system was cool.. 12 years ago. Is it still cool today?? Will people honestly, hand on the heart, be satisfied with a D2 with better graphics? Its like the Fifa series.. only u just have to wait 12 years.

I've seen nothing really "wooow" in D3.

As someone mentioned, the chat is ALSO gone. Its not totally gone, but now u have to seek it. Rather than it just being there.

Have a look at the login screen, boy is that shit? D2 had a better login screen on bnet 1.0.

So yes I think it will fail. Lots of people will buy the game because "oh its D3!" and thats exactly what they want for u 2 do. There aint no subscription fee for a reason, they cant charge that on top of an already bad game.

Disclaimers saying: "Blizzard says it will rock, and so does everyone else" - Ye, what did the same people say about cata 2 years ago?
    yeah yeah, random blabbering all over the place... its been done for wow, its been done for sw:tor, its been done for gw2... heck its probably been done for any game out there and they were still sucessfull (or will be, like in the case of gw2). why cant you accept multiple games coexisting with eachother?
    Last edited by Ghul; 2012-04-21 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize that if one Blizzard game loses subs to another Blizzard game, there is absolutely no "killing" involved right?
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2