Deleted

Do you need to level up artisians to make real money?

Will the artisians materials be a good way to make money, making it worth to level up? or is it just about the loot

It seems to me that the 'crafting' in D3 is a lot like 'Gambling' in Diablo 2. Except instead of directly using gold, you have to "salvage" ( ::cough 'disenchant' cough: magic items for the components.

It also seems that the upper limit of power for drops is higher than that of crafted gears. This observation has very little, if any basis. Take it with a shaker of salt.

Deleted
    You can get super lucky and get something awesome with either.... the gear you craft in the beta is pretty good for it's level, so I think that artisans will be pretty handy, whether or not at the inferno sort of level the gear is still any good or whether random loot will be better, remains to be seen I guess.

Deleted
    I think the artisans gear will be on par with comparable dropable loot. They said that we could find blacksmithing patterns all over the world to improve your equipment even further. Merchant Items < Blacksmithing / Blue Drops < Rare Boss Loot < Rare Elite Pack Loot

No. Artisan gear will NOT be on par with item drops, they will be slightly below them. They do this so that if you are having really bad luck with loot you can just craft something.

But the loot you can FIND can be far superior.

How can I put this in a way a lot of people would understand..

Artisan loot will be as to Raid Finder loot as droppable loot will be to Normal Mode loot. The RF loot is decent and it's not really THAT far behind the normal mode loot, but the normal mode loot is still better.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.