Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    One thing I noticed is that Sónic is apparently clipping many Explosive Shots.

Now, I'm no Expression Editor expert and through trial & error I put this code together:-

((fulltype = SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and spell = "Lock and Load") or (fulltype = SPELL_AURA_REFRESH and spell = "Explosive Shot") or (type = TYPE_DAMAGE and spell = "Explosive Shot") or (type=TYPE_CAST and spell = "Explosive Shot"))
    and sourceName="Sónic"

Judging from it, Sónic looks to be doing the following during LnL procs - Explo,Explo,Explo and thus clipping by doing 8 ticks of Explo shot rather than full 9 ticks. Ideally you'd want to Explo, Explo, Filler Shot, Explo or Explo, Filler shot, Explo, Explo to get 9 ticks but this is also latency dependant.
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Dafft View Post
    One thing I noticed is that Sónic is apparently clipping many Explosive Shots.

Now, I'm no Expression Editor expert and through trial & error I put this code together:-

((fulltype = SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and spell = "Lock and Load") or (fulltype = SPELL_AURA_REFRESH and spell = "Explosive Shot") or (type = TYPE_DAMAGE and spell = "Explosive Shot") or (type=TYPE_CAST and spell = "Explosive Shot"))
    and sourceName="Sónic"

Judging from it, Sónic looks to be doing the following during LnL procs - Explo,Explo,Explo and thus clipping by doing 8 ticks of Explo shot rather than full 9 ticks. Ideally you'd want to Explo, Explo, Filler Shot, Explo or Explo, Filler shot, Explo, Explo to get 9 ticks but this is also latency dependant.
    The first suggestion (ES, ES, AS or CS (depending on focus levels), ES) is preferable. There has been some testing done by the WoWhead hunter community that points to a weird occurrence happening quite frequently to many hunters in which the LnL priority of ES, filler shot, ES, ES ends up clipping the second ES somehow so the end result is only 8 ticks as opposed to 9. I have tested this myself as well and found the same results.

So if you are experiencing this phenomenon, try to stick to the ES, ES, AS/CS, ES LnL shot priority. If you will focus cap before you get to AS in the rotation, then weave in AS between every ES (ES, AS, ES, AS, ES).

If he can get this down, there's really not much else to improve, playstyle wise. Keep Serpent Sting up, Black Arrow on cooldown, unless you need an Explosive trap soon, like on Yorsahj or Spine/Madness AoE, and ES as much as possible. I agree with Rimshot in that you should start the fight with SrS > ES > BA to ensure you get ES on cooldown as fast as possible and to lessen the chance of losing an ES if LnL happens to proc off the first tick of BA.

And like I said before, get rid of that haste!