Deleted

Vitreous Stone Drake - MORE Priesty Luck

After having TWO Drakes of the North drop in Vortex Pinnacle... "It's my week!" I thought.

A handful of runs later and I've bagged myself a Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore too.

I 'think' that this is the fastest possible way for a priest to currently farm this drake, although I'm aware that its equally easy to just burn all the trash down as it should be done.

This run took me just 7.35 minutes which is ideal for when youre bumming around waiting for your raid to start in 15 minutes time or something.

I appreciate that this is nothing new, but a few things that made it easier for myself as a priest;

- Mark Millhouse at the start.
    - Killing the 2 Flayers to the right behind the first pack will make your life easier kiting.
    - Use Inner Will when kiting the trash packs back to the start.
    - Use a PW:shield / Fiend / Fade / Fear defensive combo when you reach Millhouse.
    - Equip a PVP escape trinket for the trash as Millhouse may fear / root you.
    - You only need to get Millhouse to 50% before exiting the instance, not kill him.
    - Don't forget to swap your PVP trinket back out for Slabhide ( I fail at this often, wtb human / undead).
    - Save your Fiend / Fade / CD's for a ground phase on Slabhide.
    - Try to get yourself above 70% HP before casting offensive spells on ground phases, double crits + bad luck = dead.

nice good job...and thanks for the vid

226 runs it took me for Slabhide, and still counting for Altairus. Maybe you could lend some of that Priestly luck to my Priest :|

Deleted
    First of all, nice video and thank you for sharing it! Since I'm a mount collector this got me curious. What kind of gear do you reckon is minimum to pull this off? Shadow is my off-spec and I don't have the legendary staff either. I think I'm around 395 iLevel for Shadow and I currently have 2 pieces of T13. Oh, and did you use an Invisibilty Potion before the stone-dropping point before Slabhide? Cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    First of all, nice video and thank you for sharing it! Since I'm a mount collector this got me curious. What kind of gear do you reckon is minimum to pull this off? Shadow is my off-spec and I don't have the legendary staff either. I think I'm around 395 iLevel for Shadow and I currently have 2 pieces of T13. Oh, and did you use an Invisibilty Potion before the stone-dropping point before Slabhide? Cheers.
    Yes I think this can easily be done with 395ilvl.

And yes i used a potion, mainly because I'm lazy! That particular set of trash (the three flayers) is VERY easy - I wanted the run to be as fast as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdog4 View Post
    Yes I think this can easily be done with 395ilvl.

And yes i used a potion, mainly because I'm lazy! That particular set of trash (the three flayers) is VERY easy - I wanted the run to be as fast as possible.
    Awesome, I definitely have to give this a try now.

The three slayers can be avoided by throwing Mind soothe at the one in the middle

Got the mount on my ~70ish kill, ironicly in a 5man normal dungeon with a random party while beeing locked out for doing to many instances lately <.<

Good luck farming the mount everyone else!
    Don't forget to solo VP to, that mount looks awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    The three slayers can be avoided by throwing Mind soothe at the one in the middle
    Ah quality, never even crossed my mind ^^

Thanks for the video. I had forgotten about these two mount drops. Need to farm them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice! Haven't had the luck of this mount dropping yet ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    You need like 378, I think you can do it if you got even worse gear, so 395 is no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    You need like 378, I think you can do it if you got even worse gear, so 395 is no problem.
    Been a while since I've tried any soloing past some WotLK heroics, so I'm honestly not aware of the minimum requirements for Cata normals. But this is just too good to pass on. I have to try it at least.

The mounts are available in Normal aren't they? I was thinking about starting on this with the Blood DK just for sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, One try after I saw this post and I'm now a owner of this mount to! ;D

And yes its available in normal.

wow...

There is way too much jelly within me right now....err..

I mean grats!!! Well deserved!!!

*Grumble*, *QQ*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    wow...

There is way too much jelly within me right now....err..

I mean grats!!! Well deserved!!!

*Grumble*, *QQ*
    Thanks Zsunnie! Love you too <3

But I've farmed it quite a lot before to! ^^

Deleted

Ha! awesome, gz.

ugh ty!!! got the mount first run >_< so happy