Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I killed him yesterday (first attempt, too, at level 9), twice, without drinking any potions on my Witch Doctor. It's not all that hard to dodge his attacks, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    That cheap fucker is basically unkillable for new players without TPing away constantly. So goddamn glad they don't design bosses like that anymore.
    lol the memories
    I used to do that

I thought it was extremely easy, 1 pot, his adds constantly dropped healing things.

This is the first diablo game I've played, killed him last weekend and was pretty disappointed at the difficulty, I know, beta blah blah, I said to some friends "I hope the final is a LOT harder and a LOT longer"

I was only under 70% health once, maybe I'm just naturally pro?

2/10 difficulty, I really hope they make things a lot more difficult.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    ^Exactly this.
    Best thing to do, caltrops trap once he teleports to you, run out and entangle him then dump all your Hatred by using hatred abilities. If you can't do it on normal mode, then the game obviously isn't right for you. Killed Skeleton King twice on first shot with Demon Hunter and Barbarian at level 8.
    so if i found normal mode hard to complete yet loved a challenge should i stop playing?....
    Isnt this what the suppose majority wants? a game thats even hard for them>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    That cheap fucker is basically unkillable for new players without TPing away constantly. So goddamn glad they don't design bosses like that anymore.
    Oh, don't count bosses like him out of the picture just yet. We haven't exactly seen much yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only class I found the SK hard to kill was on a Demon Hunter. All the other classes pretty much blew him up, but took about 5 or 6 times and another level to 9 to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    so if i found normal mode hard to complete yet loved a challenge should i stop playing?....
    Isnt this what the suppose majority wants? a game thats even hard for them>?
    No it just means that u doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I thought it was extremely easy, 1 pot, his adds constantly dropped healing things.

This is the first diablo game I've played, killed him last weekend and was pretty disappointed at the difficulty, I know, beta blah blah, I said to some friends "I hope the final is a LOT harder and a LOT longer"

He's the first boss of the game (not counting the minibosses in the Act)
    They're going to be a lot harder than him.

Think of him as a BH boss, and the last boss is Sinestra/H Nef/H Al'akir/H Rag combined.
    Ok maybe not THAT hard but you get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post

Normal mode is easy in all Diablo games. The game really gets fun at later difficulties. Normal mode is really all about learning your characters various skills and how to use them together most efficiently, it's about the basics. That's why they keep it easy the first time through I think.

Trust me, you will challenged in the later difficulties.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

My Wizard hasn't died a single time, to anything. Diamond Skin, Wave of Force, Arcane Orb and Arcane Missile are the only things you need. Just stay at range, Diamond Skin when he teleports to you, use the minions he summons as fodder for health globes if you get hit, but, really, you shouldn't be getting hit. It's fairly easy to avoid his attacks or absorb them using Diamond Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Wiped once on the first playtrough with a level 8 wizzard, was abit surprised by that. After that I did change skils around, and played propor, and it was over.

But Skeleton king is massively hard compared to say other mini-bosses in act1 in D2, this is very nice!
    How were you level 8 fighting the skeleton King? I'm usually level 10 by the time I get to him.
    You must of be skipping side stages (like the den of the fallen in the Weeping Hollow, or the "fake" defiled crypts), and not full clearing levels before going to the next one.

No wonder you found him hard hehe, you are what some would consider, under level.

I leave no nook and cranny un explored, no side dungeon uncleansed of the presence of evil, check every stump, every grave. You never know now where evil may be hiding! EVIL MEET MY SWORD SWORD MEET EVIL!!!!!

It is also how you get the best loot, esp. in with more than one player in a group, since in D3, the uniques and super uniques (aka rares and bosses) actually give better quality loot when more people are present. It's one of the changes to the game since D2. Killing the really powerful mobs as a group is more beneficial to all.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-04-21 at 07:35 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I found it rather easy, just long. Didn't use caltrops either. Anticipated the charge/surge, vault away, hold shift and fire. Rinse and repeat.

it was easy for me,first time player of D3, as demon hunter, i just kited and used the stealth to get some distance
    게임 은 어렵~~

Demon hunter is probably the easiest to kill him with honestly You can permanantly snare him, spam a stun (runed impale) which even interrupts some of his attack animations and you can roll away from his teleport slash thing. Just watch his animations he telegraphs all his attacks ages before he does them. I did it without taking a hit first time I did it on DH, but found it a little bit more difficult on a couple of the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    No it just means that u doing something wrong.
    I guess same applies to hell and inferno levels, lets hope you dont end up eating your own words

Deleted
    killed him first try as demon hunter on level 9, wasn't extremely difficult

Wat? Took my Demon Hunter 1 attempt, a few potions @ 1k latency.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rushed through solo with witch doctor, barbarian and demon hunter, was ~ 8 or 9 when killing him on each of them, Always managed it on first go and rarely needed my own potions dont see the problem with him :/
    Last edited by Hideous; 2012-04-21 at 07:40 PM. Reason: re wording

I am level 7 Demon Hunter and I find him a pain in the ass..
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    How were you level 8 fighting the skeleton King? I'm usually level 10 by the time I get to him.
    You must of be skipping side stages (like the den of the fallen in the Weeping Hollow, or the "fake" defiled crypts), and not full clearing levels before going to the next one.

No wonder you found him hard hehe, you are what some would consider, under level.

I leave no nook and cranny un explored, no side dungeon uncleansed of the presence of evil, check every stump, every grave. You never know now where evil may be hiding! EVIL MEET MY SWORD SWORD MEET EVIL!!!!!

It is also how you get the best loot, esp. in with more than one player in a group, since in D3, the uniques and super uniques (aka rares and bosses) actually give better quality loot when more people are present. It's one of the changes to the game since D2. Killing the really powerful mobs as a group is more beneficial to all.
    Think I just skipped to many mobs. Thats a nice thing you can do if you want to speed it up :P