Poll: Whats your oppinion about maps?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: D3 maphack

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm fairly certain the maps now are stored on the blizzard servers, along with the random generation so it is going to be way harder to maphack if at all possible. In diablo 2 the maps were stored in the game files themselves (they had to be for single player) but since they are on the server it would be like trying to character edit a live Realm WoW character.

I'm for random maps it mixes it up with alts if it was the same map all the time i'd go berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    <snip>
    Now think about people who would use maphack-like applications to farm last bosses 5-10 times faster than you. Sell the items that drop on Auction for real money and buy another copy of diablo for that money if such rare situation as permanent ban would ever happen.

You know that there will be a lot of such people. Thousands, maybe millions. They'll drop AH prices so low that it will be inefficient for you to even bother farming something without such software.
    Remember d2? Any epic item for 1-2$(buy now and get shako for free) on most d2 item selling websites. As of you, it will takes days or even month of grinding to get this item.
    <snip>
    You just made an excellent point as to why people who use such hacks need to get banned.

Perma ban anyone caught cheating.

There is no reason a good player should need map hack, they didnt in d2. Only scrubs used it

Deleted
    They'll drop AH prices so low that it will be inefficient for you to even bother farming something without such software.
    Oh now I see where the flaw in your logic is. You're assuming most people will play solely for the purpose of farming items to sell on the RMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    You just made an excellent point as to why people who use such hacks need to get banned.
    Its not going to happen. Get it.

They banned people in d2 for using maphack, they banned people in wow for using gathering bots, but it never helped. Look at diablo - every second player is bot. All maphack programs work perfectly, no one gets banned for it. Look at wow - 3 herb farmers out of 4 are bots. They ban them from time to time, but they just use another stolen account to continue farming.

Did you ever raided in normal or heroic dragon soul with bot? I bet you did not. You know why? Because its impossible to write a bot smart enough to replace a good raider.

So why not to make a game where usage of software like maphack is not needed and usage of bots is impossible?

Deleted
    So why not to make a game where usage of software like maphack is not needed and usage of bots is impossible?
    Would you like to try and explain how not having randomized maps would make using bots impossible, or in any way affect the number of bots in Diablo 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Each method to its respective genre, correct.
    You, my friend, understand my statement perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The map hack in diablo II worked because map files were saved on the local drive even in battle.net. That isn't the case for Diablo III.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Oh now I see where the flaw in your logic is. You're assuming most people will play solely for the purpose of farming items to sell on the RMAH.
    Initially... no.
    But to finish the game on Inferno difficulty you will NEED good gear (at least thats what blizzard said us). So you will have a choice. Either to try farming all the items by yourself or to farm any items, sell them on AH and buy items you need. Either way you will need a lot of farming.

And after you finish the game on all difficulties there will be nothing for you left to do but to farm bosses over and over to get the last pieces of BiS gear. At least blizzard never said about any additional activity that we will get on high levels.

So yes, if you want to play the game for at least 3+ month, like I do, you will have no choice but to stupidly farm. And you will have to compete with all the players who use illegal software.
    Well, there is additional choice of buying items with real life money, but I don't even want to talk about it, its plain stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I play just 30 minutes a day, I don't have time clearing stupid random generated maps, I just want to kill the boss and get loot! Why did you ban me?"

Is no longer a viable excuse, see link below. Maphack is pointless unless people find some weird need of progressing through the acts at a faster rate.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...7673?page=3#42
    Last edited by Nelfie; 2012-04-21 at 10:27 PM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    a lot of farming
    Newsflash: Diablo is a lot of farming. That's the whole point of the game. You farm for farming's sake.

nothing for you left to do but to farm bosses over and over to get the last pieces of BiS gear
    ...yeah? That's exactly what Diablo is all about. That's what people have been doing in Diablo 2 for the past 12 years.

So yes, if you want to play the game for at least 3+ month, like I do, you will have no choice but to stupidly farm
    First of all, "at least 3+ months"? Dude, Diablo is meant to be played for a decade, not a couple of months. Secondly, "stupidly farm"? See my earlier replies.

And you will have to compete with all the players who use illegal software
    There's a disconnect somewhere, because I don't understand where the competition lies. Do you think this is a race to whoever gets gear pieces X, Y and Z first?

Well, there is additional choice of buying items with real life money, but I don't even want to talk about it, its plain stupid
    Money is meant to be spent. Who cares what you spend it on?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...yeah? That's exactly what Diablo is all about. That's what people have been doing in Diablo 2 for the past 12 years.
    Right, and wrong. In Diablo 3, champions have a better chance of dropping good items than bosses. Giving the game abit more diversity than the slightly tedious, repetive and boring bossruns from Diablo2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    Right, and wrong. In Diablo 3 Champions have a better chance of dropping good items than bosses. Giving the game abit more diversity than the slightly tedious, repetive and boring bossruns from Diablo2.
    Farming is farming, regardless of where the drops come from. Eventually the gaming community will figure out the absolute best spot to farm. What's the fastest and easiest kill in relation to the drop percentages, and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-21 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming is farming, regardless of where the drops come from.
    Wrong, you can't farm it if you don't know where it is. You can't farm something that there are not a large amount of in one area. You seem to confuse "farm" with something else. Because that is not farming.

You might however grind yourself through the areas until you come upon champions and have a chance to get good loot.

Eventually the gaming community will figure out the absolute best spot to farm. What's the fastest and easiest kill in relation to the drop percentages, and so on.
    Sucks for the community that the areas are randomized each run, and some "dungeons" won't even show up in some games. It's a dice rolled by serverside to generate the map you play. To find if just that area do exist in your game you need to venture there and find it.

Ofcourse people will build theories, if there however is a place that is ultimately the best place to farm, blizzard will nerf it and make it so that you need to play other areas aswell. Your logic is flawed.
    Last edited by Nelfie; 2012-04-21 at 10:39 PM.

I doubt maphack will be possible in any form, the map seems to be stored serverside until the server deems you should discover that area. There's nothing client side to "hack"

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    The map hack in diablo II worked because map files were saved on the local drive even in battle.net. That isn't the case for Diablo III.
    Oh really? I have 2 bad news for you. D2 maphack never used local save files, it took map info directly from memory. And.. D3 maphack already exists and it works fine on beta. Shows level exit arrow, shows elite monsters on map and marks correct dungeons needed for quest. Its just matter of few days to adjust it to live. Not giving you direct link, google it, there is "advanced" in its name.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    I doubt maphack will be possible in any form, the map seems to be stored serverside until the server deems you should discover that area. There's nothing client side to "hack"
    Can't stop laughing at people who think that problem might solve itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stop laughing at the hundreds of thousands of players that get banned for using one.

Deleted
    Wrong, you can't farm it if you don't know where it is. You can't farm something that there are not a large amount of in one area. You seem to confuse "farm" with something else. Because that is not farming.

You might however grind yourself through the areas until you come upon champions and have a chance to get good loot.

Sucks for the community that the areas are randomized each run, and some "dungeons" won't even show up in some games. It's a dice rolled by serverside to generate the map you play. To find if just that area do exist in your game you need to venture there and find it.

Ofcourse people will build theories, if there however is a place that is ultimately the best place to farm, blizzard will nerf it and make it so that you need to play other areas aswell. Your logic is flawed.
    Farming is farming. Whether you farm an entire act, a part of an act, or a single boss, it's still farming. Sooner or later people will figure out whether it's more lucrative to farm a single boss than to clear out a zone. People will time their boss runs, and figure out roughly what chances they have of getting items on those bosses. Then they'll see how long it takes to clear out a zone in search of champions, and how that compares to pure boss runs. This isn't flawed logic. It's how it works.

Whether Blizzard nerfs the best farming areas is a different matter altogether, but then we'll just adapt.

Sucks for the community that the areas are randomized each run, and some "dungeons" won't even show up in some games. It's a dice rolled by serverside to generate the map you play.
    Yeah, that's exactly what people will eventually figure out; the rough likelyhood of champions and caverns of appearing on zones, and the time it takes to clear out a zone, and therefore whether it's even worth it to clear out those zones, and if it is, then which zones.

Of course it won't solve itself. The solution isn't, however, to remove the fog of war.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-21 at 11:14 PM.

Of course it won't solve itself. The solution, however, is not to remove the fog of war.
    I'm ok with any solution. I'm not ok that there is not any.

Most people don't even want to see a problem. Just look at poll. They say "Just leave it as it was in d2. 13 years was not enough for them to understand that d2 system just not going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, maphacks. Can't you guys play without resorting to cheating, and possibly getting banned for doing that? Is it really worth it?

I like random generated maps, they keep things nice and interesting.