Poll: Whats your oppinion about maps?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: D3 maphack

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Random is .... goood, yea random is good! Keep Random and get rid of them hackers yo!

Deleted
    D3 is all hosted on Blizzard servers. I would like to see people hack.

I have never seen a hacker in WoW. I figure D3 will be the same.
    Among more dedicated players hacking is very common in WoW, about 50% of the guild I used to raid with used bots to get gold.

Once the dungeon map is randomly generated on Blizzard's server, it's layout and content is sent to your computer. The hack described in the OP is simply a case of getting that information into a readable form I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by pectures View Post
    Among more dedicated players hacking is very common in WoW, about 50% of the guild I used to raid with used bots to get gold.

Once the dungeon map is randomly generated on Blizzard's server, it's layout and content is sent to your computer. The hack described in the OP is simply a case of de-encrypting that information I would assume.
    Botting is not hacking. Hell, botting is as simple as using my Logitech keyboard to do things for me.

The point is blizzard leaves files that have to be sent back. In those if you change the map file an alert will be sent back. If you are good enough to get past the upload warnings then you earned your map hack. Could have just ran though it and spent the same amount of time.

Deleted
    Botting is not hacking. Hell, botting is as simple as using my Logitech keyboard to do things for me.
    good point, though lots of them were doing it from under the map, which I think is a hack.

The point is blizzard leaves files that have to be sent back. In those if you change the map file an alert will be sent back. If you are good enough to get past the upload warnings then you earned your map hack. Could have just ran though it and spent the same amount of time.
    I think in this case the OP is simply talking about knowing where the exits and bosses are in the randomly generated dungeon, thereby saving time, which I'm guessing doesn't actually require the file to be altered, just read?
    Last edited by mmoc449806ee97; 2012-05-08 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pectures View Post
    good point, though lots of them were doing it from under the map, which I think is a hack.

I think in this case the OP is simply talking about knowing where the exits and bosses are in the randomly generated dungeon, thereby saving time, which I'm guessing doesn't actually require the file to be altered, just read?
    It does not save time unless the idea is to just complete the boss. If you clear the whole place better loot drops.

I used to do very fast runs through Hell on D2 with my Necromancer. Just killing bosses was the best way to get gear. Blizzard has brought D3 to the next level. Item farm now comes down to most time and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    It does not save time unless the idea is to just complete the boss. If you clear the whole place better loot drops.

I used to do very fast runs through Hell on D2 with my Necromancer. Just killing bosses was the best way to get gear. Blizzard has brought D3 to the next level. Item farm now comes down to most time and luck.
    Dont forget that first time you kill a boss in that difficulty he drops better loot than kills afterwards (as was shown with SK on beta)

Imagine your first inferno SK kill dropping dem sick items

Quote Originally Posted by Postaldude View Post
    Dont forget that first time you kill a boss in that difficulty he drops better loot than kills afterwards (as was shown with SK on beta)

If I manage to kill him. He is rather mean to Melee.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/1zqsjnm.gif/
    That is pretty much what I would do.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Postaldude View Post

Is that official or just off of how SK worked in Beta? (I think it was two rares first kill ever by the player, one rare for each new character after that and no guaranteed rares for repeat kills)

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I'm ok with any solution. I'm not ok that there is not any.

Most people don't even want to see a problem. Just look at poll. They say "Just leave it as it was in d2. 13 years was not enough for them to understand that d2 system just not going to work.
    There is no "solution" to cheaters /hackers in games, people will always find a way of hacking some aspect of the game, and from that point on all you can do is ban as many as you can. I doubt it's possible to make a totally airtight online game, that wouldn't impact on your gameplay significantly.

I don't know what you expect to gain from this thread, other than berating other people for not being as annoyed as you are, and gloating over people who don't think maphacks will be an issue ^^

Deleted
    It depends on the game really... if the game is like diablo 2 on the "going to kill mephisto 99999999999999999999999 times to get my perfect shako, cu" then the maps should be auto-revealed. But from what I understood, it's not. So in order to keep it interesting they should make random maps and they should need exploring for every new game.

Besides, I wouldn't be so sure about hacks in diablo 3, Blizzard security has come a long way since diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    It depends on the game really... if the game is like diablo 2 on the "going to kill mephisto 99999999999999999999999 times to get my perfect shako, cu" then the maps should be auto-revealed. But from what I understood, it's not. So in order to keep it interesting they should make random maps and they should need exploring for every new game.

Besides, I wouldn't be so sure about hacks in diablo 3, Blizzard security has come a long way since diablo 2.
    Easy for them to come a long way. D2 had no security, I could go into my files and copy my items and add items I never farmed. Then take them to Battle.net and proceed to rape people who left town.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ban em ,we wont really need MapHack since we gotta run around the whole map and hunt for rare/champion packs, unlike for D2 we just teleport down to andy and meph and make a new game.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Its not going to happen. Get it.

They banned people in d2 for using maphack, they banned people in wow for using gathering bots, but it never helped. Look at diablo - every second player is bot. All maphack programs work perfectly, no one gets banned for it. Look at wow - 3 herb farmers out of 4 are bots. They ban them from time to time, but they just use another stolen account to continue farming.
    I'd love to know from which orifice you pulled these statistics.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised at the amount of haters. Personally, I hated having to discover a zone every... single... time... MF runs without maphack were very inefficient.
    Yeah... I definitely maphacked because you needed it if you were rushing people. Not to mention Meph runs were miserable if you didn't have it. They would patch the game and I'd be too afraid to use MH out of fear of a ban... was just a HUGE quality of life blow, made you feel blind with the light radius and unrevealed map.

Ban them!
    10chars
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.