Thread: The Yaungol

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Yaungol

What are you guys expecting from these Mongolian Yak-Tauren?

I think they will be extremely aggressive towards us at first. After all, they WERE just kicked out of the Townlong Steppes by the Mantid. If we are introduced to them as they try to set up a new home for themselves in Kun-Lai Summit, we may have to earn their trust and help them out.

Perhaps we can help ensure them security in their bitter new home, or,
    Perhaps we can help them re-take their homeland in the Townlong Steppes.

I think Blizzard has a lot of potential for an awesome storyline with these guys.

Deleted
    Aye I'm really interested how their story will develope and not be as silly as the Taunka story

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love if contact with them help baine "man up". Like showing him that agression is "sometimes" a way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Aye I'm really interested how their story will develope and not be as silly as the Taunka story
    I admit I havn't leveled a Horde in Northrend, what's silly about the Taunka? A quick browse of wowpedia just gives a description of the race and how they're forced in interact with the elements in comparison to Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would love if contact with them help baine "man up". Like showing him that agression is "sometimes" a way to go.
    It would be nice if they gave him something to do, indeed. Especially as this expansion will focus on faction leaders (And not just one in particular, for the most part).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I admit I havn't leveled a Horde in Northrend, what's silly about the Taunka? A quick browse of wowpedia just gives a description of the race and how they're forced in interact with the elements in comparison to Tauren.
    If I recall, the Taunka story was incredibly basic. Tauren ancestors adapted to cold, poof, Taunka.

When I first saw pictures of the Yak-tauren, they looked... evil. I'm not sure what was giving me that vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    What are you guys expecting from these Mongolian Yak-Tauren?

I think they will be extremely aggressive towards us at first. After all, they WERE just kicked out of the Townlong Steppes by the Mantid. If we are introduced to them as they try to set up a new home for themselves in Kun-Lai Summit, we may have to earn their trust and help them out.
    They are invading the homeland of the Pandaren Empire. There probably isn't much room to be friendly.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    "we are the taunka. we are tough compared to the tauren because we live in harsh weather and stuff. we force the elements to do what we want. we are awesome!

oh noez, the scourge is wiping us out! horde, even though we just met you, we will swear loyalty to your warchief, just beat those things for us, ok? tnx, bai"

depth level: same as a spoon.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope something comes with these guys, as people saying here, I would love to see it if in coming in contact with them, they teach Baine something about having the balls to stand up, such as to Garrosh and his ways, and that being the reason for him leading the tauren when we attack orgrimmar.

I hope they join the Alliance. Why should the Horde get a monopoly on bovine humanoids?

From my looking about all their villages it doesn't seem like we will get friendly with them, they have quest mobs all over Kun Lai, they have Pandaren slaves working in fields, yeah it just doesn't seem like a race we would very easily get friendly with. I would love to, but it would be a lot of storyline involving how we get them to change. I mean, Sha of Anger even lands one spawn point right in the middle of a village of them too :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    I hope they join the Alliance. Why should the Horde get a monopoly on bovine humanoids?
    Leper gnomes to Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    Because bovine are awesome and deserve an awesome faction.

I made a post a while ago that I hope we discover that the Tauren's original homelands were Pandaria, and that the Yaungol are their original ancestors, much in the same way the Vrykul turned out to be the ancestors of the Humans. I hope we discover that the Tauren/Taunka just broke off/left the ancient lands long ago (perhaps we will find out even what that reason might've been as part of MoP's plotline?).

Also below is another possible piece of evidence to this.

August Celestials: Four ancestral spirits need your help in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms--Yu'lon the Jade Serpent, Xuen the White Tiger, Chi Ji the Red Crane, and Niuzao the Black Ox.
    This goes along with the WoW insider magazine's theory article that said the Tauren were made by a bull ancient - could Niuzao the Black Ox be that ancient?

It all seems to add up to me. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I made a post a while ago that I hope we discover that the Tauren's original homelands were Pandaria, and that the Yaungol are their original ancestors, much in the same way the Vrykul turned out to be the ancestors of the Humans. I hope we discover that the Tauren/Taunka just broke off/left the ancient lands long ago (perhaps we will find out even what that reason might've been as part of MoP's plotline?).
    Blizzard needs to listen to ideas like these.

This goes along with the WoW insider magazine's theory article that said the Tauren were made by a bull ancient - could Niuzao the Black Ox be that ancient?

It all seems to add up to me. ^_^
    Niuzao the Black Ox is a Yak god at Niuzao temple, I have a screen shot of it actually.

Not the best shot of him but the danm thing was charging all over attacking Mantid placeholder models lol. The thing is a beast.

that ancient is a yak. I don't think he made the tauren, but he sure as hell had a hand on their yaungol mutation
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykkuu View Post
    Blizzard needs to listen to ideas like these.
    Agreed, in fact, I think a lot of the fans have great ideas that Blizzard either misses or doesn't do. Blizzard has a lot of missed opportunities throughout WoW's history.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that ancient is a yak. I don't think he made the tauren, but he sure as hell had a hand on their yaungol mutation
    Nelfs are Evolved Trolls...

Titans made Dwarves, Gnomes and Troggs...

Having a Yak ancient making Cow-men, ironically, makes more sense than the above. :P

Nelfs are Evolved Trolls...

Titans made Dwarves, Gnomes and Troggs...

Having a Yak ancient making Cow-men, ironically, makes more sense than the above. :P
    I don't see why it wouldn't make sense, maybe the Animal Gods were created by the Earthmother or the Titans to evolve Tauren race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Agreed, in fact, I think a lot of the fans have great ideas that Blizzard either misses or doesn't do. Blizzard has a lot of missed opportunities throughout WoW's history.
    I think blizzard has a lot of ideals for the future while fans only have ideas for the present things that blizzard already created.