Swapping Professions Scribe / BS? [Holy]

Hey everyone

I've been Inscription + JC for quite a while now. I've heard talk from other paladins / classes that use JC, that JC will in fact get normalized again making JC + BS best professions for us again. Though none of them know weather it will be pre-MoP. So with that being said I'm thinking of dropping JC until MoP and grinding up BS. Thoughts? Ideas?

Deleted
    If you want to be optimal for a finishing the tier, if you haven't already, then sure go ahead. Personally I wouldn't do it. I believe JC will be equal to the other professions again come MoP, and I have finished this tier. I don't think that minor strength upgrade is worth the time and effort, but if it's in your interest to be the best possible right at this time, then I think you should go ahead and swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    If you want to be optimal for a finishing the tier, if you haven't already, then sure go ahead. Personally I wouldn't do it. I believe JC will be equal to the other professions again come MoP, and I have finished this tier. I don't think that minor strength upgrade is worth the time and effort, but if it's in your interest to be the best possible right at this time, then I think you should go ahead and swap.
    Oh, I've already killed end-game. I'm more or less board and want to know what's optimal at this given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatorr View Post
    I've heard talk from other paladins / classes that use JC, that JC will in fact get normalized again making JC + BS best professions for us again. Though none of them know weather it will be pre-MoP. So with that being said I'm thinking of dropping JC until MoP and grinding up BS. Thoughts? Ideas?
    The chances of JC being brougth up to BS's level pre-MoP are basically zero. You have to remember, there has to be a huge issue at hand for Blizzard to make a change in the middle of the final patch of an expansion. It's just not worth it when such massive changes are just on the horrizon with the next expansion.

If Blizzard was interested in normalizing the professions, they would have fixed it with 4.3. Or better yet, if it was a huge concern, they wouldn't have let them get out of wack in the first place.

That said, drop Inscription. Learn BS.

Here's the thing. BS will always be at (or near) the top. This is due to the flexibility it gives. If, come MoP, our best stat turns out to be Crit and your Inscription shoulders are Mastery, you're screwed. This, in fact, has already happened. In Wrath, Pallies gemmed Haste in every socket. However, the Inscription shoulders gave Crit (or maybe it was MP5, I forget). BS Pallies were able to choose the stat that was best for them and Inscriptionists got stuck with what Blizz gave them.

This is the power of BS (and JC). No matter what stats are good or bad, or what stat shifts happen throughout an expansion, you can pick and choose your buffs at your pleasure.

JC, BS, Alch. These are the only three lastingly viable raid professions. All the rest are gathering professions, suffer the "locked in" failing listed above, or are completely subject to Blizzard's whim and fancy (Engineering).
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-04-23 at 09:24 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I think I made a good choice sticking with JC/BS. It's pretty darn versatile.