Diablo 3, what type of game is it?

So I recently decided to quit WoW it took up too much of my time (I'm an addict I can't log on for an hour and log off) and have been looking for another game to play that wont take up so much time, upon seeing the open beta I downloaded it and played it for a while, to level 7 I think and I love it, it reminds me of a bunch of other games I used to play combined into one, it felt fresh and new and had a nice smooth flow, but the question I'm asking is it heavy end game like WoW? Where leveling up isn't the game it's what you find at the end? Is their an end game to it or if their isn't what sort of other system is place?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

It is an action-RPG

Most of the content in this game is experienced in a single play through. The end game consists of playing at higher difficulty levels and trading gear. Aside from the lore and killing monsters, the game becomes a treasure hunt and trading game. Personally, that is what I expect to enjoy most from this game.

In diablo 2, there was additional content added to the game after beating the game. It included fighting every boss at the same time, each with 100 times more health than hardest difficulty, which turned out to require the absolute most ridiculous gear in the game to finish.

O.o honestly you will get addicted to just about any kind of mmo. You probably should look for something else to do in life other than looking for a game that "won't take up so much time"... i know you probably heard it a lot already but, well, that's just my personal experience. When you don't have anything in your mind to hold on to, you can just about find anything that can occupy yourself and get addicted to it.

What in the... it's an A-RPG. The ultimate goal is to farm the highest difficulties for years on end, collecting and trading drops. Diablo is not an MMO- there is no bimodal endgame.

Imagine, if you can, a game without competition and loot is a simple credit card swipe away. Where going into an arena is analogous to sliding down a rainbow and attacking the opposing team with foam swords that burst into a brilliant array of sparkles as you fight for no reason. That is the Diablo pvp scene without a ladder for competition.

The regular game will be solid with basically progressing further and further killing monsters and praying you don't get a garbage drop on the rare/boss mobs, but you will, you will so often it will hurt. But, sometimes it will be nice.

What he said. The game is just the same thing over and over, just harder and harder. You hunt down loot at all times, there really is no BiS gear like wow. I don't expect there to be many clans or guilds that play the game on a schedule. It will be a pick up and play, and I love that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think hack & slash / dungeon crawler is the type of game it's referred too.

Lol Diablo is not a RPG game, and defo its not MMO game. Its just simple hack and slash. Good old gameplay without anything innovating. There is no "massive end game" cos its a single player game, with some good multiplayer options.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Type? Simple

The hack n slash dungeon crawler

Sounds amazing to be honest, not the type of game I'm going to cancel plans with friends or parents etc or if somebody suddenly asks me to go somewhere or do something I have to reply with 'No i'm raiding', thanks guys I think I'll be getting this
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Lol Diablo is not a RPG game, and defo its not MMO game. Its just simple hack and slash. Good old gameplay without anything innovating. There is no "massive end game" cos its a single player game, with some good multiplayer options.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

Diablo is pinnacle of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really wouldn't call Diablo a roleplaying game, no more than I'd call something like Battlefield or Modern Warfare or any other shooter a roleplaying game, sure you have a character, but you do in shooters as well. Roleplaying to me has to have at least some sort of choice depending on what you say or do, else it's just not a roleplaying game, so that leaves action, sure it's action ^^

A-RPG is just a more broad term covering a lot of different sub-genres such as hack-n-slash, but tbh, Diablo is much more a Hack-n-slash than it'll ever be a roleplaying game ^^ (and yes I really do like the story of Sanctuary ^^)

Anyway, as for the topic, there is no such thing as end game in a game like this, end game exists for MMO's because they're things you can keep on playing, they don't have a you've now completed the game or anything, games like Diablo do actually have an ending, that doesn't mean you have to stop playing though ^^ In fact to reach the "end" you have to reach the "end" 3 times through different difficulties ^^ Normal, Nightmare, Hell and then when you've completed those you have in Diablo 3 Inferno as well, these get increasingly difficult even within the acts on those difficulties, I just love this game, I had a blast here during the open beta, can't play it anymore now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.