755. This poll is closed
  • Frieza

357 47.28%
  • Mewtwo

398 52.72%
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I hope this is a joke. Frieza would wipe out any Pokemon. Hell, Krillin could probably wipe out any Pokemon, assuming he was brave enough to try.
    this ^

If anyone has seen Pokemon the First movie, I think it's made pretty clear what Mewtwo is capable of, if anyone has seen the Frieza saga, this "who would win?" is a complete joke.
    The only reason they're even being compared is because they've got the same colour scheme >.>
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    this ^

If anyone has seen Pokemon the First movie, I think it's made pretty clear what Mewtwo is capable of, if anyone has seen the Frieza saga, this "who would win?" is a complete joke.
    The only reason they're even being compared is because they've got the same colour scheme >.>
    And because it's fun to imagine the fight :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Níghtmare View Post
    Freiza can destroy planets.. mewtwo can give you a headache at best. Easy choice.
    "Altered in the English version, it is claimed that the hurricane was powerful enough to destroy the planet, as well as Mewtwo being able to block a Pokémon's "special abilities". " - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    Your argument is invalid.

I'm just going to assume that the people voting for Mewtwo don't know who Frieza is. Allow me to link a couple videos.

Frieza. He can destroy planets by pointing his finger at them. And he's a Dragon Ball Z character.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-04-22 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Frieza also moves faster than the speed of thought, (electricity)
    I'm not sure you know how fast light goes.

Also? Frieza is a melee fighter. Mewboy uses his mind. All he has to do is force his mind into frieza's and tell him to punch himself in the face as hard as he can until the rainbows stop spinning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaj View Post
    There's still the problem of showing that he can instantly kill someone with just a thought. If it hasn't been shown and you're just assuming he can, I'd call that a no limits fallacy.
    Indeed, and that's why those two can't really be compared. In Dragon Ball things can get very violent and brutal, because it's targeted to an older audience. Unlike Pokémon, in which episodes are left unaired if they have a gun in there, for example. Thus, we can't know how powerful Mewtwo really is.

Anyway, I'd go with Mewtwo. Insane psychic abilities far outweigh physical strength and speed.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Stallker View Post
    "Altered in the English version, it is claimed that the hurricane was powerful enough to destroy the planet, as well as Mewtwo being able to block a Pokémon's "special abilities". " - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    Your argument is invalid.
    Not the same as how Frieza destroys a planet. If Mewtwo's hurricane destroyed the Earth it would have done so by cracking the planet in two, or into several large chucks at best. When Frieza destroys a planet, he turns it to dust. Frieza destroys a planet in his first form, while not powered up. In his first form he has a power level of 530,000 when fully powered up. Therefore, he was below 530,000 when he blew up planet Vegeta.

Frieza's maximum power level is 120,000,000. 226 Times his first form's maximum power. That means he has the power to destroy not just planets, or even solar systems, but entire star clusters. Though actually, his power is even greater than that, as power levels scale upwardly.

I believe it is your argument that's invalid.

I find that people are rather biased... Everyone seems to think that all Dragonball characters are insanely overpowered, while all Pokémon are some weak critters.

I'd vote for Mewtwo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braethias View Post
    Also? Frieza is a melee fighter. Mewboy uses his mind. All he has to do is force his mind into frieza's and tell him to punch himself in the face as hard as he can until the rainbows stop spinning.
    Exactly what I am trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there's even votes for Mewtwo boggles my mind. I guess fandom is more important than facts?

The force of a 100 trillion megaton explosion wouldn't even damage a single one of Frieza's brain cells. I doubt Mewtwo could do any damage. Frieza also moves faster than the speed of thought, (electricity) so would be able to instantly annihilate Mewtwo before he could react. With less than 1% of his power Frieza can blow up planets. He can also punch/kick/whatever with equivalent force.

Shout out to Gobra for PMing me about the thread.
    MMO-C's very own DBZ math guy has arrived.

Any and all arguments to the contrary are invalid.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

This is a joke right. Arceus might win because his god But no other pokemon could ever beat DBZ characters who have powers to destroy planets by farting. Deoxy or Kyurem VS mewtwo would make more sense
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by Braethias View Post
    I'm not sure you know how fast light goes.

Light moves 186,000 miles per second. The distance from the Earth to the Moon is 1.28 light seconds. I'm well aware of how fast light is.

I don't think you understand how fast DBZ characters are. They can move faster than light in short bursts in the first season. Frieza would kill Mewtwo before he could do anything. Frieza is also not strictly a melee fighter, possessing extremely powerful energy attacks, note the planet blowing up video.

Also, psychic powers in DBZ are controlled by energy. Even far inferior fighters like Master Roshi and Chiaotzu have psychic powers. And sufficient energy levels block them. Yeah.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I find that people are rather biased... Everyone seems to think that all Dragonball characters are insanely overpowered, while all Pokémon are some weak critters.

I'd vote for Mewtwo.
    I don't believe that all Pokemon are weak, but it's a mathematical and canonical fact that Frieza, and many other DBZ characters can destroy planets, and much much more. Broly for example destroys 150 sextillion planets with a single energy blast.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-22 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but all of the people who did not choose Freeza, did / do not know who we are talking about! It's Freeza!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mewtwo would know what Frieza was going to do before Frieza did it. Durp.

Mewtwo.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Game over, Frieza wins
    I don't believe that all Pokemon are weak, but it's a mathematical and canonical fact that Frieza, and many other DBZ characters can destroy planets, and much much more. Broly for example destroys 150 sextillion planets with a single energy blast.
    Exactly, Frieza was going to destroy Namek single handedly... never heard of a pokemon having the power to destroy an entire planet

If you put a real life psychic in a fight with Brock Lesnar or something, I don't think it'd matter.... they wouldn't be able to dodge everything from clairvoyance forever and would eventually lose
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-04-22 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Mewtwo.
    Mind reading, like all psychic powers in DBZ, can be blocked with enough energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind reading, like all psychic powers in DBZ, can be blocked with enough energy.
    If memory serves, Nappa (with a measly power level of 6000) shrugged off Chiaotzu's psychic powers.

Frieza (at max power) is 20,000 times stronger than that.

Quoted for relevance to people trying to debunk me. :P

No one really knows just how true Mewtwo is.... and for all the people not having heard of a Pokemon that could destroy a planet, Mewtwo is that Pokemon.
    Mewtwo's storm would gradually destroy the planet with no stated time period.

Frieza can destroy a planet within seconds of firing an energy ball that bores into the planet's core.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-04-22 at 02:02 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Indeed, and that's why those two can't really be compared. In Dragon Ball things can get very violent and brutal, because it's targeted to an older audience. Unlike Pokémon, in which episodes are left unaired if they have a gun in there, for example. Thus, we can't know how powerful Mewtwo really is.

Anyway, I'd go with Mewtwo. Insane psychic abilities far outweigh physical strength and speed.

No one really knows just how true Mewtwo is.... and for all the people not having heard of a Pokemon that could destroy a planet, Mewtwo is that Pokemon.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    If memory serves, Nappa (with a measly power level of 6000) shrugged off Chiaotzu's psychic powers.

Frieza (at max power) is 20,000 times stronger than that.
    That's correct, though Nappa's power level was 4000.

Also, how many people are voting for Mewtwo because they actually think he would win, and how many are voting for him just because they hate DBZ or like Pokemon lol?

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 02:00 AM ----------

Mewtwo's hurricane could have destroyed the Earth, but it's not at all like how Frieza can destroy planets. His hurricane would have cracked the planet in two, or shattered it into pieces. Frieza can effortlessly turn planets to dust with less than 1% of his power.

Also, your argument about Mewtwo's limits or lack thereof is flawed in two ways.

1. We have seen his limits. Both in games, as well as in his movie. If he had limitless power, he would have killed Mew instantly.
    2. You're making an assumption by saying he's more powerful than has been shown. Without any data to back that up, we must rely on the principle of Occam's Razor.