Poll: Who would you vote for President?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    He wants to pull out of the UN and rescind all foreign aid, which includes AIDs relief in Africa. He doesn't want to work with other people.
    Well, while I think the UN thing is overkill, it's not like US has been following it's principles all too well in the recent decade (War on Iraq was rejected/in the middle of discussion by UN but US decided to have a go anyhow) so, meh. As for aid for Africa, it's another pit of feces and spit I don't really want to discuss here for various reasons (Most of them being because of my beliefs that the way Africa is handled by this whole aid facade is horrible).

He proposed a federal law that established personhood at conception, which would automatically ban abortion, birth control, in vitro fertilization, and stem cell research.
    As for this, the interviews and debates I've seen goes directly against it, but please could you provide some article I could read through to prove your point? I'm intrigued.

He proposed a separate law that said that states would not longer be held to the First Amendment prohibition of establishing religions or the duty of protecting the free exercise of religion. This law also explicitly stated that states would be free to ban homosexual acts and birth control.
    Same as above, I'd like to have something to read on/watch by him as all I've seen thus far has been his wish to keep federal out of all subjects like this.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the people that criticize obama for not getting much done, and are the same people that said that Bush didn't have enough power to do everything he wanted and that's why he ended his two term presidency on a downflux.

Politics really reveals who's smart and who's just another sheep that likes being hypocritical for the sake of party loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, while I think the UN thing is overkill, it's not like US has been following it's principles all too well in the recent decade (War on Iraq was rejected/in the middle of discussion by UN but US decided to have a go anyhow) so, meh. As for aid for Africa, it's another pit of feces and spit I don't really want to discuss here for various reasons (Most of them being because of my beliefs that the way Africa is handled by this whole aid facade is horrible).
    That's really immaterial as to whether we should be providing support to contain HIV and AIDs. That's a worldwide national security issue. Every person with a disease like HIV is a chance for the disease to evolve into something more deadly. Containing those types of issues and fixing them are one of the most important things governments can possibly engage in.

As for this, the interviews and debates I've seen goes directly against it, but please could you provide some article I could read through to prove your point? I'm intrigued.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr1096/text

Same as above, I'd like to have something to read on/watch by him as all I've seen thus far has been his wish to keep federal out of all subjects like this.
    He does want to keep the federal government out of it, but at the same time he wants to give the states the power to get into it. As it stands, states are required to give their citizens the same rights as the federal government does. He wants to reverse that, but ONLY for the pet issues of the Christian right. He wants to give states some powers they currently do not have: Establishing religions, banning religions, banning homosexual act, banning birth control, etc..

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr958/text

That's really immaterial as to whether we should be providing support to contain HIV and AIDs. That's a worldwide national security issue. Every person with a disease like HIV is a chance for the disease to evolve into something more deadly. Containing those types of issues and fixing them are one of the most important things governments can possibly engage in.
    Alright, I was a bit blunt about that, as I was discussing overall issue of what is named Africa, not just AIDS. I do agree that containing HIV and AIDS is important but I don't think we should meddle with Africa and rather let them solve their own problem. (Because every single of their issue can be tracked back to western/eastern world).

That was interesting read and while I understand his point in this subject. I disagree with it as I think women should have right for abortion under certain conditions (rape, unsure carriage, breaking of condom etc. etc.) but I can see where he comes from and I don't see that really a religious subject but of personal. As I mentioned in my first post, I do not agree with everything he says but a lot of the things he says does make sense to me (And in my opinion more of them than I've seen from presidential candidate since I've started watching politics/history of politics)

He does want to keep the federal government out of it, but at the same time he wants to give the states the power to get into it. As it stands, states are required to give their citizens the same rights as the federal government does. He wants to reverse that, but ONLY for the pet issues of the Christian right. He wants to give states some powers they currently do not have: Establishing religions, banning religions, banning homosexual act, banning birth control, etc..

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr958/text
    Well, ultimately that is down to whetever you trust in your elected statesmen to carry up their job in a proper manner (One thing you could also affect through voting I assume, you do elect your council of state/whatever it's called, right?) I don't see how it would be that much different for single states to approve things if Fed goverment could do it for them anyhow (And apparently it can due to this type of bill being around). It would only localize the whole thing to the state level.

Have you so little faith in your state politics?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Alright, I was a bit blunt about that, as I was discussing overall issue of what is named Africa, not just AIDS. I do agree that containing HIV and AIDS is important but I don't think we should meddle with Africa and rather let them solve their own problem. (Because every single of their issue can be tracked back to western/eastern world).

That was interesting read and while I understand his point in this subject. I disagree with it as I think women should have right for abortion under certain conditions (rape, unsure carriage, breaking of condom etc. etc.) but I can see where he comes from and I don't see that really a religious subject but of personal. As I mentioned in my first post, I do not agree with everything he says but a lot of the things he says does make sense to me (And in my opinion more of them than I've seen from presidential candidate since I've started watching politics/history of politics)

Well, ultimately that is down to whetever you trust in your elected statesmen to carry up their job in a proper manner (One thing you could also affect through voting I assume, you do elect your council of state/whatever it's called, right?) I don't see how it would be that much different for single states to approve things if Fed goverment could do it for them anyhow (And apparently it can due to this type of bill being around). It would only localize the whole thing to the state level.

Have you so little faith in your state politics?
    No, neither the federal government nor the state governments are empowered to do those things. He wants to hand the states the power to do those things, when currently we are protected from ANY government doing them.

Idk who is gonna win, I just hope its not Romney

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Ron Paul not mentioned. Are you a part of the media blackout?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Why is Ron Paul not mentioned. Are you a part of the media blackout?!
    The fact that Ron Paul is a Christian fundamentalist, racist, homophobic conspiracy nut has already been mentioned, yes.

The fact that Ron Paul is a Christian fundamentalist, racist, homophobic conspiracy nut has already been mentioned, yes.
    So much venom and ignorance in your posts that it makes me feel sorry for you. I suppose you'll be happy voting for that Uncle Tom, Obama.

Mod warning: Watch the racial remarks.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-04-25 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    So much venom and ignorance in your posts that it makes me feel sorry for you. I suppose you'll be happy voting for that Uncle Tom, Obama.

Mod warning: Watch the racial remarks.
    I won't be voting for Obama, but I have thoroughly and repeatedly backed up my assertions about Ron Paul with documented evidence. Denial is not an adequate counter to evidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Well Ron Paul would sure as hell be TRYING to.
    I personally do not care if the gays can get married or not
    I don't believe you.
    Firstly no one that supports gay marriage calls homosexuals "the gays"
    Secondly, you showed support in a homophobic, fundamentalist christian who doesn't support gay marriage.