What to do with leftover gems

So I've recently been cleaning out bags and banks of my alts to get ready for MOP and I've found a small treasure of gems (http://i.imgur.com/6otiP.jpg) and I'm wondering what would be the best way to make money with what I have.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Sephurik

Haha. That's gotta be the smallest stockpile of gems ever. I have a bank alt with 3 tabs full of those stupid green quality gems and a bunch of the lesser demanded blue quality gems and I know of people that have more than I do. The market on my server is pretty much dead at this point and 80% of what I post on the AH comes back to me in the mail (even when undercutting by a large amount). The truth is, many people have a toon with JC profession and are probably stockpiled on these unusable gems also.

You could:

1) Craft some of the green quality gems into the equippable items that they can be crafted into and disenchant them to try and make a profit via selling some disenchanting mats instead. If you choose that route keep in mind that this expansion has been out a while and is probably close to being over. Most people have geared their toons to the max and probably have already enchanted their gear as needed. So your customer pool will be quite small. Instead of being stuck with a bunch of unusable gems, you could be stuck with a bunch of unusable enchanting mats depending on how active the players on your server are stilling needing enchants.

2) The option I plan on taking is crafting the equippable items, and just selling those items at the nearest vendor. Sure I'm not going to maximize my profit, but atleast I can cut my losses now and clean out my banks. I've already made my fortune throughout this expansion by selling gems so I can't say that it is a complete loss by doing this. Also I don't want to waste anymore time posting stuff in the AH just to wait for it to come back in the mail later. Cut my losses, clean my banks out, and prepare to stock it up again in MoP.

The bottom line is the gem market is pretty flatline right now. The supply is way up because too many people have leveled JC and have been milking it for over a year. The demand is way low because of the insane amount of people that have access to acquire their own gems. It's basic economics. This is what happens when supply>demand.

Also I would like to blame blizzard for making hybrid gems not appeal to the majority of players as much as a pure red. Perhaps an increase in the socket bonus on gear would make people more likely to purchase a hybrid color gem. It has pretty much been the story this entire expansion that red gems are always higher priced than any other color, because they are sought after much more often than the other gems. This is because blizzard did a piss poor job in regards to making the other stats appeal to the players. In my opinions the secondary stats that are provided by hybrid gems should bear more weight than they currently do. This would open up the options for people to consider buying some of our hybrid gems instead of us having 5,000 of them rotting by the end of the expansion.

It wasn't really a stockpile I just found all those clearing out alts bags but thanks for the help!
    Hi Sephurik

Make rings/necks with all those green quality and d/e them. (Except reds, transmute them into inferno rubies)

Get panda/auctionator and check what cuts are profitable for the blue quality ones. Post cheap so they sell fast, demand is going down every day MoP is closer.

Vendor those zephyrites.

don't vendor anything. wait till everyone and their mother makes a panda and needs to level two new professions. old world mats will probably hold some value a month into the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedemon View Post
    Haha. That's gotta be the smallest stockpile of gems ever. I have a bank alt with 3 tabs full of those stupid green quality gems and a bunch of the lesser demanded blue quality gems and I know of people that have more than I do. The market on my server is pretty much dead at this point and 80% of what I post on the AH comes back to me in the mail (even when undercutting by a large amount). The truth is, many people have a toon with JC profession and are probably stockpiled on these unusable gems also.

You could:

1) Craft some of the green quality gems into the equippable items that they can be crafted into and disenchant them to try and make a profit via selling some disenchanting mats instead. If you choose that route keep in mind that this expansion has been out a while and is probably close to being over. Most people have geared their toons to the max and probably have already enchanted their gear as needed. So your customer pool will be quite small. Instead of being stuck with a bunch of unusable gems, you could be stuck with a bunch of unusable enchanting mats depending on how active the players on your server are stilling needing enchants.

2) The option I plan on taking is crafting the equippable items, and just selling those items at the nearest vendor. Sure I'm not going to maximize my profit, but atleast I can cut my losses now and clean out my banks. I've already made my fortune throughout this expansion by selling gems so I can't say that it is a complete loss by doing this. Also I don't want to waste anymore time posting stuff in the AH just to wait for it to come back in the mail later. Cut my losses, clean my banks out, and prepare to stock it up again in MoP.

The bottom line is the gem market is pretty flatline right now. The supply is way up because too many people have leveled JC and have been milking it for over a year. The demand is way low because of the insane amount of people that have access to acquire their own gems. It's basic economics. This is what happens when supply>demand.

Also I would like to blame blizzard for making hybrid gems not appeal to the majority of players as much as a pure red. Perhaps an increase in the socket bonus on gear would make people more likely to purchase a hybrid color gem. It has pretty much been the story this entire expansion that red gems are always higher priced than any other color, because they are sought after much more often than the other gems. This is because blizzard did a piss poor job in regards to making the other stats appeal to the players. In my opinions the secondary stats that are provided by hybrid gems should bear more weight than they currently do. This would open up the options for people to consider buying some of our hybrid gems instead of us having 5,000 of them rotting by the end of the expansion.

did u miss the part where he said "small treasure"....small normally means not alot, and no1 cares how many gems you have btw...

Make shadowspirit gems, still sell fairly good (craft 3 each and recraft when out of stock)
    Transmute to inferno rubies, still sel good
    Craft rings/necklaces of the leftovers and disenchants, mats sell extremely good and enchants sell very good!

Solid, reckless, fractured still sell fairly good on my realm. So does the stam/mastery and ofc all the red ones.
    Your leftover stack is around what i still get in 3 days.
    And pretty much a 3rd of what i prospected per day right after the last patch.
    Nothing to worry you'll sell it out in matter of days

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wee, I have LOT'S OF GEMS. My plan is to just vendor some of them and save good amount of stacks, so people can level new professions (Alts) and so on.
    You don't have so many, so maybe you should cut em and try to sell in AH. And craft some rings from uncommons and d/e them and make scroll/ sell mats in ah.
    Picture below, just to show off : (

(>^^)> Pandas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramexer View Post
    Wee, I have LOT'S OF GEMS. My plan is to just vendor some of them and save good amount of stacks, so people can level new professions (Alts) and so on.
    You don't have so many, so maybe you should cut em and try to sell in AH. And craft some rings from uncommons and d/e them and make scroll/ sell mats in ah.

So you botting mate?

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea to save for MoP is great. I agree, you should hang onto those gems. You wont believe the amount of panda's that will want those gems within the first few weeks of MoP. But this all depends on how active your server is and its population.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

Deleted
    Ooooh bladedemon you sound awesome and the richest person ever.....really.

Volitar do as the others say. Make diamonds or jewellry and de it.

Gramexer you seem to be churning enough, but I wouldnt overestimate the amount of demand.

I'm kind of in the same boat with leftover gems, just that my stock is pretty large (about 600-700 blue quality gems except rubies and several hundred zephyrites). I might hold onto them for now to try selling later in MOP, although something tells me I will end up having to vendor most of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramexer View Post

Botting much lately?