Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Yaxley View Post
    What I'm wondering now, is is it worth it to use your Doomguard when you have MWC + SSV buffs up or is it still best to wait until your sp procs (note that you won't have the Insignia buff at the start of the fight if you use both MWC and SSV as it will be on internal cooldown).
    I do not use doomguard when my masteryprocs are up due to still being in my mastery gear, which has an incredibly high 5k spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    I would think so, but with double trinketing you only have one gcd to boost with so DG gets the Mastery from the first or the second set, not both like Meta. That means you are looking at a different Mastery number.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 08:42 PM ----------

MWC holds its buff for a moment after it is gone, this is the case with Soulshifter too?
    Right now, soulshifters buff doesn't go away at all when you switch it out. But even if it was programmed to using the passive trinket in conjunction with a proc \ on use trinket is just taking advantage of server lag.

Another quick tip for those that are gear swapping on the pull; You can put hurricane on your mastery weapon since weapon procs are not put on cooldown when switching weapons. There have been some pulls that I have both power torrent and hurricane active on the pull. It's pretty minor, but fun nonetheless.

Also, if your are super serious, you can switch flasks on pull too.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-05-03 at 10:14 PM.

Another quick tip for those that are gear swapping on the pull; You can put hurricane on your mastery weapon since weapon procs are not put on cooldown when switching weapons. There have been some pulls that I have both power torrent and hurricane active on the pull. It's pretty minor, but fun nonetheless.
    I'm guessing you proc the Hurricane off Hellfire like SSV?

Also, if your are super serious, you can switch flasks on pull too.
    Yus, mentioned this briefly in the OP

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you proc the Hurricane off Hellfire like SSV?
    )
    Yea, it procs off of Hellfire and Soul Harvest.

I hadn't thought of using any other MWC-like mastery trinkets tbh, I'm guessing Foul Gift of the Demonlord works this way too, although it's a much smaller proc xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't thought of using any other MWC-like mastery trinkets tbh, I'm guessing Foul Gift of the Demonlord works this way too, although it's a much smaller proc xD
    Correct, although I found that SSV was the most reliable proc trinket I tested, and its the only one that actually gives enough mastery to outsim using IotCM. Foul Gift sims about about exactly the same as 410 IotCM, however it isn't very reliable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Correct, although I found that SSV was the most reliable proc trinket I tested, and its the only one that actually gives enough mastery to outsim using IotCM. Foul Gift sims about about exactly the same as 410 IotCM, however it isn't very reliable.
    I assume you tested the combo of using SSV and not MWC? Which is your second passive mastery trinket, Spidersilk?
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

2. Gear swapping

This is a very useful Demonology only trick that can really buff your first Metamorphosis. Because this is also your most important Metamorphosis (where all your procs line up and when you'll most likely have hero), this trick actually works out as about a 1.5k or more dps increase.

2.1 How Metamorphosis works

First off, it is useful to understand how Metamorphosis and your mastery work. Metamorphosis is essentially a buff that increases your damage by x % for 36 seconds (glyphed). This "x" is determined by your mastery (more mastery, more Metamorphosis damage). However, the Metamorphosis buff doesn't scale dynamically with your mastery, meaning that whatever x % damage increase you have from mastery when you first hit Metamorphosis, you will keep for 36 seconds regardless of if your mastery changes in this time. This, as you can see, leaves room for exploitation.

2.2 Making a mastery set (original post details omitted)

2.3 The macro (original post details omitted)

2.4 Finer details (original post details omitted)

You can essentially start any fight with this trick, making it a valuable one to use.
    [U][B]

Bumping this to the top. For all geared-up, bored warlocks, this is the LAST week you can use such a prepull set... forever. Once MOP prepatch with new talents come, such a prepull set will no longer work.

If you haven't pushed a rank with that crazy prepull set, complete with Fire of the Deep and a Soulgaze Cowl (with all that spare VP you have)... this is your last chance forever, so make it count!
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-08-21 at 06:44 AM.