Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How could I earn money at the age of 16?

I was thinking about possibilities, how I could earn money at the age of 16, but something, that does not require TOO MUCH time (that fits in my freetime). Could you give me please some ideas? I really need that money, but I only get a low pocketmoney . I'm interested in all kind of ideas, that are bearable with school.
    Thank you really much!

10+ Year Old Account
    get a part time job.
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Depends on where you live, if you lived on a farm (like I did) you could work at home, I made about 4000(dkk) a month for working between two & three hours a day, just before my raid times, if you live in the city you could try to find a paperboy job.

Could try mowing people's lawns for a little extra cash. It's getting close to summertime and people get lazy :P

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be a drug-dealer.

In all seriousness though, do what all other kids your age do to get money. Get a part-time job somewhere.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet there are fast food restaurants in your area.. apply at one of those..

just keep in mind that when you say "I want a job that doesn't interfere with school or my free time" you are pretty effectively putting yourself out of the market..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    From 15-18 I worked at McDonalds. Shameful I know, but it bought my WoW addiction and heaps of others things, such as my car. It also helped me further my people skills and confidence.

So I suggest any part time job such as fast food, a restraint, supermarket or something like that.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Get a job....I don't know how things work where you're from but here in Canada teenagers can start work at 14 or even younger(small town rules apply). Between high school and sports I was able to have a part-time job at 14. Sure it fluctuated from 20-35hrs a week. But you really want a job when you are on summer vacation, if that is something your school system has.

Deleted
    Prostitution.
    Its fun, pays well, you get alot of experience that you can use in life and you get to meet alot of new people and make connections.

Ideal occupation.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-04-22 at 04:43 PM.

Get a sugar-daddy or seduce a teacher then blackmail them

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this even a question? Get a job.
    I like sandwiches

Paper routes
    Help your grandparents cleaning etc
    Help your parents cleaning or doing house maintenance like cleaning the garden now that spring is coming...
    ask around for a summer job, stores and other facilities often look for people to clean and or help in stores when the fulltime employees are on holidays.

You'll get nowhere if you don't ask, even if a place isn't looking for people send a letter to them telling who you are and that you can walk after school X days a week and in the coming summer holidays. When I got my first summer job I sent out 50 applications, 30-35 of them wasn't looking for more employees yet I got asked to come for a talk to 5 of them. Point is, spam your application info around. Hang up fliers tell your friends and family, ask anyone if they need some help with anything.

- My first job was at a little island in Trondheim (Norway) called Munkholmen, my job was emptying trash bins around the island (tourist attraction) and cleaning up in general. Picking up anything from dirty baby dipers to half empty/full cans of beer, carrying supplies 250meters from the boat up to the cafe. Just don't be picky, as a young kid you'll automaticly get the bottom of the barrel tasks. I was lucky if I got to work in the cafe cleaning tables, just accept whatever offer you can and don't wait for something you want.

*edit*
    My brother asked one of the local kindergardens if they wanted someone to clean the floors and such after hours, he made around 9000 norwegian a month (before taxes), cleaning 5days a week roughly 1.5hrs a day.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2012-04-22 at 05:21 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Depends on where you live, if you lived on a farm (like I did) you could work at home, I made about 4000(dkk) a month for working between two & three hours a day, just before my raid times, if you live in the city you could try to find a paperboy job.

Jeez, you could make 4k a month at 2-3 hours a day? I make less than 2k a month with 8-12 hours days 6 days a week....

wash dishes

pick up glasses in a pub, it can be shitty hours (10pm-4am here normally, maybe earlier if its busy) but you make good money and it is a lot of fun working in a pub most of the time

Get a part-time job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    From 15-18 I worked at McDonalds. Shameful I know, but it bought my WoW addiction and heaps of others things, such as my car. It also helped me further my people skills and confidence.

So I suggest any part time job such as fast food, a restraint, supermarket or something like that.
    There's no shameful job and hey you were a kid. This comes from a 29 y/o Civil Engineer. What is shameful is not working and living off welfare, don't get me wrong I understand welfare is a necessity for some people and in some situations it is well spent money but that is not the case in the majority of the situations.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Jeez, you could make 4k a month at 2-3 hours a day? I make less than 2k a month with 8-12 hours days 6 days a week....
    (dkk) is the most important part of the sentence.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Get a part-time/weekend job at your local student job finder (http://www.minddiak.hu/).

Deleted
    small part time job something like a paper round is great for a small income. my friend use to do morning one when we was in school, got up at 6am, delivered the papers by 8am, then went to school for 9am. the pay isnt great (min wage) but for someone in school who doesnt need lots of money it was good, and only took a few hours each morning.