Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's the beta.

These are all people who have ran through the Cathedral about 100x already.

You'll get people who want to full clear floors in retail, but you'll be hardpressed to find people who want to full clear the cathedral for the 101st time.

I skipped every dialog just because it's beta. I actually played without any sound watching streams while playing. Beta is just beta I will wait for final release to take it slow.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So... I've noticed that people at higher levels, not even necessarily the beta's max level of 13, rushing through everything straight to the skeleton king...

I understand that bosses generally drop the best loot, but where's the fun in that? O_o
    I thought Diablo players loved dungeon crawling.

Hopefully this stops once we reach difficulties higher than normal.
    well a lot have been doing that same paths for month. ^^" so I can understand if they want to simply optimize the XP gain

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that while loot is cool, it is just beta none of it will be retained. People are just messing around, getting XP and trying new characters.

In live, when it matters, i expect crawling to be the norm. Especially if anyone has read how they designed drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's very annoying. People are in a Diablo 2 mindset where you rush to the boss as fast as possible, ignoring all the mobs.

These people are stupid. Not only is this not the best way to grind XP in D3, it's also the worst way of going about trying to get gear. They've said it quite a few times, all items can drop from everything. The most amazing rare in the game could drop from a boss, a champion, a unique... or a normal mob. Or a random chest. Or even a damn pot. In this short beta weekend, I've actually seen a rare fall out of a pot.

Mind you, rares have a better chance of being dropped by elites, champions, and to a lesser degree, bosses, but how are you even going to find elite/champion packs if you rush for the boss? I've seen people ignore even elite packs and just run for the end of the cathedral.

I hope people learn that rushing to the end is a dumb way to go about things.
    You assume people are playing beta to level up. Some of us leveled up a few chars to max, then said screw it and just started farming beta. I managed to get my clears down to 20 minutes from start to finish. I'd end up with ~5-10k gold, ~20 blues and 1-3 rares per run in 20 minutes. Salvage my blues, horde my gold then go sell my items on D2jsp.org

Edit: Oh, I figured out where MOST of the rares are, so I hit all those in my runs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's very annoying. People are in a Diablo 2 mindset where you rush to the boss as fast as possible, ignoring all the mobs.

These people are stupid. Not only is this not the best way to grind XP in D3, it's also the worst way of going about trying to get gear. They've said it quite a few times, all items can drop from everything. The most amazing rare in the game could drop from a boss, a champion, a unique... or a normal mob. Or a random chest. Or even a damn pot. In this short beta weekend, I've actually seen a rare fall out of a pot.

Mind you, rares have a better chance of being dropped by elites, champions, and to a lesser degree, bosses, but how are you even going to find elite/champion packs if you rush for the boss? I've seen people ignore even elite packs and just run for the end of the cathedral.

I hope people learn that rushing to the end is a dumb way to go about things.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I feel like I'm the only one looking at my exp bar when I play this game, to see how fast I gain exp. And I can't help but notice I get significantly more exp from fully exploring a dungeon than from any single boss event.

On top of that, most of the rares I've gotten have actually not come from the boss... so why is everybody rushing to him?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Once I can find sets and uniques from a barrell, I'll start kicking them. Beta is beta.

I agree I think I am going to solo normal and rush through the later difficulties

I posted this in another thread, but I feel like it's relevant here too..

Rushing has been made completely pointless in D3. Doing so is completely counterproductive, and I hope that mentality dies soon. But if the open beta weekend has shown me anything, it's that people are more than willing to straight rush still. Heck, I got complaints when I was finding Blue/Gold mobs in groups because "I wasn't keeping up". I was legitimately walking out with twice the loot of the people who would rush past everything, but was constantly berated for doing so.

It makes me insanely happy that I have a small group of friends I will be playing with, and if they aren't available to play at the time then I will play private games solo. I refuse to play with those whom do nothing but gimp themselves with improper play.

10+ Year Old Account
    After you've done it several times, you really don't feel the need to keep watching the same story over and over.

I have a goal, if you want to do your own thing that's totally cool - I won't nag you and I won't wait either, but I won't apologize for my own goals , especially if it's not hurting anyone.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Someone didn't play Diablo 2 lol. It's a hangover from what was the most efficient way to do things in D2, if it bothers you make private games or play by yourself because it isn't going to stop any time soon.

The first couple run throughs I did exploring and etc. After I cleared it twice I mainly just wanted to test out a few characters. No need to spend 2 hours exploring in beta imo. When the game is released I will explore then. Until that point I just want to see how each class plays and feels.